Unban Request Thread

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Unban Request Thread

Post by bl4nk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:34 pm

All TF2 unban requests are to be posted here.
All Minecraft unban requests go here.
All Counter-Strike: Source unban requests go here.

Before your unban request will be handled, you must link your forum account to your SteamID.

To link your forum account to your SteamID, do the following:
  1. Go to your User Control Panel.
  2. On the left, under Options, click Profile.
  3. On the right, there's a listing for SteamID with a green Sign in through Steam button. Click the button and log in to your Steam account.
  4. You should now see your SteamID listed on the Edit Profile page, as well as on your forum posts and profile.
To request an unban make a post in this thread including:
  1. Your in-game name at the time of your banning.
  2. Which server you were banned from.
  3. Why you were banned.
  4. Why you think you should be unbanned.
Example unban request:
Jafoob wrote:Name: Jafoob the Dragonite
Server: tf4.joe.to
Ban Reason: Bigotry
I did not mean any harm for typing what I did, and was unaware that it is frowned on and not allowed to use some language on the joe2 servers. I'm sorry and I ask kindly to be unbanned.
Posting in this thread will not guarantee you an unban.
Keep chatter to a minimum; any off-topic posts will be moved to the dumping grounds.
Boris el Blade CHCKN

Re: Unban Request Thread

Post by Boris el Blade CHCKN » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:55 pm

Hello

I am not sure what happen or why I was banned but can someone fix this ?
It was @ around 8:10pm or so the map changed and I was medic the only time I shot someone was an admin who took the intel and I shot him with the medi gun but didn't tk anyone. I was only healing the snipers and everyone around me. A few min into the map and I was banned to tk ing.. maybe I was it was an accident. I have no idea. I don't see how that is fair if I was healing someone who was tk'ed and was not forgiven, but I have no idea if that was the case.

Boris the Blade }Team CHCKN{" STEAM_0:1:16483479

server #3

Thank you
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:35 am

One of our addons may be misbehaving. We're looking into it. In the meantime, let me see if I can't get you unbanned. Thank you for posting your entire SteamID.

EDIT: You should be unbanned on the next map change. Please post here if you are not unbanned within an hour or so.
Also unbanned the following players:
cloudmaster13 (STEAM_0:1:18393009)
糞もらし (STEAM_0:1:18218279)
Lob (STEAM_0:0:1334246)
Taklit Marion (STEAM_0:1:8486371)
Last edited by Avvatar on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lob

Post by Lob » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:40 am

Hello,

Not sure what happened but I believe it was an addon bug. I was just banned for TKing about 5 min ago. I just built a sentry gun and it started to shoot a blue sniper (I was red) and then boom I was banned for TK. That's all that happened... nothing more nothing less. Any idea what happened?

Thanks

Ingame name: Lob
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1334246
Server: tf3.joe.to
TWills405

Post by TWills405 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:56 am

Your in-game name at the time of your banning:
Taklit Marion
Your SteamID (in STEAM_X:X:XXXX format)
STEAM_0:1:8486371
Which server you were banned from:
joe.to #3
Why you were banned:
Not a clue
Why you think you should be unbanned:
I was in steamroll, on the red team, clearly sniping blue, and i got banned. I'm pretty sure I hadn't hit one of my guys that round at all...a couple maps before though, I did kill one guy by mistake but i don't think that hardly matters. Can I get an Unban?

EDIT: Lol, thanks for the welcome. I love the server but don't do the forum much...until this happened :?
Last edited by TWills405 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Avvatar

Post by Avvatar » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:56 am

We're looking into what happened with the addon, all players it has banned since it was updated have been unbanned and will be free to rejoin the server after the next map change. Please post here if you remain banned.

And uhhh, welcome to the forums :D
Lob

Post by Lob » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:43 am

Still banned :(

Ingame name: Lob
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1334246
Boris el Blade CHCKN

Post by Boris el Blade CHCKN » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:58 am

Just letting you know I tried to join and still banned.
Avvatar

Post by Avvatar » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:07 am

Oops, I fucked it up. Next time I'll read the directions first. One more map change, sorry guys.
the_stinky_pinky

Post by the_stinky_pinky » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:06 am

I was banned from the joe.to #3 custom maps server for TF2 on Saturday March 8 2008 for TKing, I don't know exactly why. I don't even think I killed anyone on my team (although it is possible that someone could have walked in front of my heavy weapons fire). Other people in the game were repeatedly killing team members (they killed my wife "elderly woman" over and over again), but I was not. I don't know where to find my steam ID# but on my community page my steam ID is The_stinky_pinky. I hope this can be resolved because I was considering reserving a slot on this server for both my wife and myself and making a donation.
Avvatar

Post by Avvatar » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:33 am

the_stinky_pinky wrote:I was banned from the joe.to #3 custom maps server for TF2 on Saturday March 8 2008 for TKing, I don't know exactly why. I don't even think I killed anyone on my team (although it is possible that someone could have walked in front of my heavy weapons fire). Other people in the game were repeatedly killing team members (they killed my wife "elderly woman" over and over again), but I was not. I don't know where to find my steam ID# but on my community page my steam ID is The_stinky_pinky. I hope this can be resolved because I was considering reserving a slot on this server for both my wife and myself and making a donation.
First of all, we cannot unban you without your SteamID. To get it, join any TF2 server, open your console, and type 'status'. You'll get a list of all users on the server, including yourself. One of the pieces of information there will be STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXX. That entire thing is your SteamID.
Second, what was the message when you got banned? We were having trouble with an addon earlier yesterday, but I believe it got resolved. If you can remember anything about the message, it may help us know why you got banned.
Third, if you can give about a thirty minute window for when you were banned, I can check the logs and give you more information.
Finally, reserved slots are free, and I don't recall the last time we seriously took donations. Then again, maybe I'm just a selfish prick disinclined to donate money and simply havent noticed :lol:

We'll do our best to figure out what happened. But at least it seems that I cannot (well, without a lot of effort and more time than I have available before work this morning) figure out what happened to you without a bit more information.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:43 am

There's a donate button on the top-right of the site, but I think it goes to Delinquent, who doesn't really come to the site any longer.
Avvatar

Post by Avvatar » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:48 am

Oh hey, sure enough.
Donate to joe (might be a nice thing to do)
Donate to delinquent (lol)
Donate to cs.joe.to (....wth?)
Donate to the forums (they're not free anymore?)
Donate to ventrilo (I thought spaz had that covered. oh, and the link clearly gives it to delinquent anyway)

As a matter of fact, all the links go to either joe or delinquent.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:17 pm

if someone really wants to donate just transfer me some money, don't use those paypal links because paypal takes a large % fee out of those and they don't take out anything from a normal transfer. my email is joe@joe.to of course

BUT:
donations are not requested. they are accepted if you really feel like sending money but we don't need your money to do what we do. if you have millions of dollars, go for it, but i really don't want money from teenagers (unless your parents bought you a new BMW) or from working class normal people. if we ever need money for something we will ask.

AND:
if you do donate, you will get a big thank you from me personally but nothing more - you won't get special treatment, an admin slot (unless you earned it), an unban (unless you earned it), a new forum (we give those away for free anyway), etc.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
jetpoweredhalibut

Post by jetpoweredhalibut » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:57 pm

I was playing on the map field trip then I went away for about 10 minutes and I was in spectating mode, as soon as i got back and moved my mouse a bit, there was a message saying i was banned permantly for tk-ing, how is that possible if I wasn't even playing ? my steam ID is STEAM_0:1:17314952