Help us make the server better!

Anything dealing with the game Team Fortress 2 or the servers we host for it.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Help us make the server better!

Post by bl4nk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:27 am

Since we've sadly downgraded to one server, I feel we need to make this server the best we possibly can. Please post any suggestions to make the server better in this thread. After a good amount of ideas have been posted, I'll throw up a poll to see what everyone thinks about each one. The ideas that have a lot of votes after the poll has been created will more than likely be put into effect. Please only post serious suggestions and comments; all other posts that aren't relevant will be dumped.
pepper

Re: Help us make the server better!

Post by pepper » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:19 am

This may be farfetch'd but possibly you could implement the hat system that they have on some server. Some odd reason people care about the way they are presented in video games. Giving bonuses to people who donate like they do on CS servers, or admin if someone donates enough cause a lot of people play on joe.to. Don't know if you already have that.

Another thing I see I don't know if it's possible in tf2 but in CS I see the beacon effect where admins target a player pretty funny. Also the time bomb is fun as well seeing as if people tk you can set a timebomb on them. Idk.
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:38 am

pepper wrote:or admin if someone donates enough
Allowing administrative privileges to be bought is a terrible, terrible idea.
pepper wrote:Another thing I see I don't know if it's possible in tf2 but in CS I see the beacon effect where admins target a player pretty funny. Also the time bomb is fun as well seeing as if people tk you can set a timebomb on them. Idk.
Fun to few, annoying to many. Easily abused.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:46 am

Bringing the hats system back could be nice. Alternatively, removing the "donators get access to hats" message so I don't get sad every time I see it and try to use it. Of course, I have no idea what horrible glitches brought it down.

Re: Abusing players, that's a horrible idea. We used to have the funcommands plugin enabled, but all it does is piss people off except in very rare cases. Not worth it.
pepper

Post by pepper » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:58 am

MrBlip wrote:
pepper wrote:or admin if someone donates enough
Allowing administrative privileges to be bought is a terrible, terrible idea.
pepper wrote:Another thing I see I don't know if it's possible in tf2 but in CS I see the beacon effect where admins target a player pretty funny. Also the time bomb is fun as well seeing as if people tk you can set a timebomb on them. Idk.
Fun to few, annoying to many. Easily abused.
I don't know much about these things.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:46 pm

I'd love to see the hats back, & fufu promises the cat hat to be ready soon.

As for single server suggestions, I'd just focus on keeping it running as smooth as possible. I havent had the lag spikes we used to, but theres atleast one every other game. No biggie.

Another suggestion to get donating up, name-able sentries. I have seen it before, where you can enter a name for your sentry guns as an engineer. Like, "Stabby's SLAUGHTERBOT killed Neelpos"
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Cow
pl w+4 b
<b>pl w+4 b</b>

Post by Cow » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:51 pm

stabbyclaus wrote:Another suggestion to get donating up, name-able sentries. I have seen it before, where you can enter a name for your sentry guns as an engineer. Like, "Stabby's SLAUGHTERBOT killed Neelpos"
This.
I am all for suggestions that do not alter the gameplay. (Fucking timebombs, freezing, ETC)
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:46 pm

I didn't know the hats system was removed. I'll look into fixing that as it's probably my biggest project on the server.
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:51 pm

n e silly sunday
Steam
GW2: Haymaker.8924 (Tinthundered, Encoelia)
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Custom Achievements
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet - Abraham Lincoln
BIGGIE

Post by BIGGIE » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:15 pm

j2 pony!
skinthinner wrote:wtf...you know that canada has one woman and a bunch of mooses...or miices...or whatever you call them...
the one woman has a full beard and no teeth and lives in an igloo...
so I must conclude that you, good sir, are lying and are really sitting around drinking beer with a moose and playing with your small canadian penis...
ToteBag

Post by ToteBag » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Make some kick ass custom maps...as opposed to making kick ass offical maps...that require plugins to run correctly and don't release the plugins to the public so if folks want to play those maps they have to join this server...well other than that I got nothing.
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Who controls the past, controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.
Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death.

lɐɔıʇsıʇɐʇs ʇou sı ʎʇıuɐs___
NTbacteria

Post by NTbacteria » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:55 am

no lag would be awesome.
pepper

Post by pepper » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:01 am

Advertising in general for Joe.to would be helpful. Some people who go to my school and play tf2 don't know about the server. Expanding the community is good right?

Post by Posts » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:52 pm

auto spectate afk after 30 seconds, make engie with sentry immune.