realm of the titans

multiplayer online battle arena (DotA, LoL, HoN, DotA2, etc.)
joe
The Big Cheese

realm of the titans

Post by joe » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:27 pm

i posted about this already but i can't find my previous post

it's a new moba game coming out soon (closed beta starts tomorrow)

some info came out today:
The Skills system is all about adaptation (real adaptation, not Nicholas Cage’s 2002 drama). At the start of each match, every player chooses a Titan Skill ability in addition to their hero’s four default abilities. Titan Skills come in both active and passive varieties, and (as is typical of extra abilities) get stronger every 10 minutes, ensuring that they never feel underpowered. “But wait!” you say, “League of Legends’ Summoner spells do the exact same thing, and you get two of them!” Settle down there, little buddy–you didn’t let me finish.

Instead of offering 13 abilities, as LoL does, ROTT’s Titan Skills encompass a whopping 25 external abilities that can be used on any hero. And, more importantly, you can swap your Titan Skill every 3 minutes. This is big. Matches tend to go through phases–laning, ganking teamfights, etc.–and now you can swap out your extra skills to best match the environment or to specifically counter your opponents tactics. The implications that this seemingly small change has on team strategies is colossal.

For a taste of how the Skills System can work, see how Aeria Games explains its value in their press release:
“For example, say I’m playing a melee hero and I choose to start with the life steal Titan skill, Draining Power. Late in the game, I buy an item that gives my hero life steal, so I won’t need that skill anymore. What my hero needs now is increased movement speed/attack speed. I could swap out Draining Power for the Frenzy skill, which increases attack and movement speed for a short duration, but also increases the damage my hero takes. Unfortunately for me, Frenzy is getting my hero killed too often because of the increased damage he’s taking. After the 3-minute cooldown period, I decide to choose the Teleport skill instead so I can quickly move around the map. The Titan Skills system is specifically designed to reward players for adaptive thinking and inventive game play.”

some of the skills:
* Meditation – Increases Mana Recovery Rate when out of combat. Resets for 5 seconds after entering combat.
* Frenzy – Increases Attack Speed and Movement, but you take additional Damage from attacks; Lasts 12 seconds.
* Fire Ball – Launches a fire ball to hurt enemies.
* Purify – Purifies the target, removing negative status effects from allies and positive ones from enemies.
* Teleport – Transports you to one of your side’s buildings, to an allied stronghold or an enemy control point.
* Draining Power – Adds life steal to attacks.
* Power Transfer – Transfers part of Mana consumed to Health.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Estroy

Re: realm of the titans

Post by Estroy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:52 am

That skill swapping thing seems cool. Im annoyed on LoL how i NEED clarity in early game with lux, but in late game i less rarely need to use clarity to refill my mana.
League of Legends EU West: Estroy (Level 30)
Mad_Dugan
Hyperbole much?

Post by Mad_Dugan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:13 am

They should just make them unique items with passive/actives. One store for everything.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane. - Philip K. Dick
The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away. - Philip K. Dick
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet - Abraham Lincoln
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:01 am

NEED clarity in early game with lux
have you tried an entire page of mana/5 runes?
Estroy

Post by Estroy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:59 am

Im too lazy to buy runes, im more into new champs D:
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:35 pm

but mana/5 runes are good on half of the champs around...
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:44 pm

what is mana/5? do you mean mana regen?
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:35 am

Yes, mana regen runes are mana/5.
Estroy

Post by Estroy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:11 am

Not if u play mundo alot :O