OpenID about to be mainstream

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Re: OpenID about to be mainstream

Post by MrBlip » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Morbidly obese riding around super marts in power chairs?
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
ayeyah

Post by ayeyah » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:30 pm

breakerfall wrote:I still don't bother with it, even after all this time. It doesn't sit well with me, but I can't quite explain why. Maybe it's the security concerns? One account for all means that if your account is exploited, then someone will have access to every portal, site or web app that you use, that utilises OpenID. /shrugs
I hear you, and I've thought about that as well. That's the tradeoff though, and a question that's been approached differently in many services: what's the right balance between convenience and security?
STEAM_0:0:2611885
Trizik

Post by Trizik » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 am

pssht, you darn naysayers can keep your secure inconvenience

i want convenience, and i want it now
ayeyah

Post by ayeyah » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:24 am

Trizik wrote:pssht, you darn naysayers can keep your secure inconvenience

i want convenience, and i want it now
Give me all your passwords and cd-keys. I'll check your email, type your posts, and play your games. You can just sit back and relax :wink:
STEAM_0:0:2611885
Trizik

Post by Trizik » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:47 am

i can't do that, just like i can't give you my IRL identity!
molf

Post by molf » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:54 am

Nightmare wrote:corporations like wal mart are the reason that americans can live like they do today
And I would say that is a very bad thing, and is a very bad thing for any society not just Americans.
Proud member of the Church of Hubology
renesis

Post by renesis » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:21 pm

How is going to Wal-Mart convenient. I find it highly stressful and incrediby inconvenient as a simple run of getting a few things takes 3x as long as it should. Only at Wal-Mart does it take 4 people to do the job of one. Typical American thought, bigger is better, no matter if it makes sense or not.
AMMO

Post by AMMO » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:46 pm

Fuck Wal-Mart.
renesis

Post by renesis » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:28 pm

I should make it clear that really it doesn't matter if it's a whole slew of things you get or just a few. The staff is always full of lazy retards and the store in my town is always incredibly packed but there never seems to be enough cashiers to handle the load. Their prices aren't all that much cheaper. Personally would rather goto Target across the street for some things and then goto Jewel which is about a mile away from me for grocery's. Better product and service generally. I don't know how many times I walk into an aisle at Wal-Mart and 3-5 people who work there are just sitting there unboxing just one uboat full of product. And they sit there in your way and look at you like...what are you doing here?
Trizik

Post by Trizik » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:51 pm

i go to Walmart sometimes, but i avoid it if i can

you get what you pay for. the savings aren't that great anyway, it's just convenient

and the food at Super Walmart is just so bad... their dairy products spoil in like two days

i don't understand how people can shop exclusively at Walmart
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:04 pm

Weird. Walmart, Target, Aldi, and Wegmans are pretty much the only "brick and mortar" stores I still shop at for everything except clothes, and most of my kids crap comes from Walmart.com.

Where else am I going to get Cocoa Pebbles, milk, diapers, a table lamp and duct tape at 2am?
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
renesis

Post by renesis » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:02 pm

I don't need those things at 2am. I don't have kids. haha
But I think I can manage to get by without Wal-Mart. I mean...what did my parents do when I was little. There was no Wal-Mart. They had convenience stores and grocery stores to do that and those little mom and pop stores. Now Wal-Mart has smashed out any small business competition.