Proposition 8

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
Pentagram.J2

Proposition 8

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Tue May 26, 2009 11:20 pm

Today May 26, 2009 California's supreme court allowed the proposition to remain intact. The Proposition forbids same-sex marriage in California and supporters are now trying to null and void all gay marriages that were made when it was legal.

I for one am completely outraged that this was allowed to stand. As I am a gay rights activist and a member of the Gay-Straight Alliance and have many gay friends who were going to get married in celebration of the overturning.

Prop 8 is discrimination legalized, nothing else. And I was wondering how the rest of the community felt. Especially you Joe. Thank You.
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
stabbyclaus

Re: Proposition 8

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue May 26, 2009 11:39 pm

lol read up the gay rights thread before posting another one.

http://forums.joe.to/viewtopic.php?f=159&t=49247
Last edited by stabbyclaus on Tue May 26, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Tue May 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Technically that's a thread
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 pm

California supreme court decision is noted at the end of that thread.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue May 26, 2009 11:45 pm

still a thread
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
stabbyclaus

Post by stabbyclaus » Tue May 26, 2009 11:46 pm

hes being redundant. you're redundant.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue May 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Not talkin bout him
talkin bout how thread != forum
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue May 26, 2009 11:47 pm

hey, you changed it
cheater
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Wed May 27, 2009 12:06 am

neelpos wrote:hey, you changed it
cheater
Always quote.

Anyway, Hating gays is like hating blacks to me... there's no reason to. People are just dumb =P
kevkingofthesea
King of the Sea
<font color=#0080BF>King of the Sea</font>

Post by kevkingofthesea » Wed May 27, 2009 12:22 am

KoD wrote:Anyway, Hating gays is like hating blacks to me... there's no reason to. People are just dumb =P
Still not dead.
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Wed May 27, 2009 12:39 am

I have no idea what prop 8 is... but your picture rocks.

EDIT: ahh now I remember...
Last edited by Nightwolf on Wed May 27, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to

Post by KoD » Wed May 27, 2009 12:41 am

My best friend (who is a homosexual) just sent me this on facebook earlier.. I lol'd pretty hard.

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and older persons shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8 ) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, longer life spans, or recycling
koko
[citation needed]

Post by koko » Wed May 27, 2009 12:47 am

CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to

Post by KoD » Wed May 27, 2009 12:49 am

tl;dr

I like smaller threads better.
koko
[citation needed]

Post by koko » Wed May 27, 2009 12:57 am

this thread needs some lol cats
also that sucks whats the govonaters point on gay marriage? I havnt been keepin up?
CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?