happy thanksgiving

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
joe
The Big Cheese

Re: happy thanksgiving

Post by joe » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:14 pm

updated original post - now with video!
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
pepper

Post by pepper » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:30 am

ATE
TOO
MUCH!
MrMulch

Post by MrMulch » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:34 am

Happy Thankgiving indeed!
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Post by KoD » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:37 pm

thanksgiving, today, no longer is celebrating what happened in early America, although that's what it initially was. At least for me, thanksgiving is literally meant as a day for what the word is. Thanksgiving. giving thanks for what you have in life. A time for me to see my extended family and eat a really good meal with them and be thankful. Just because it was originally built on genocide does not mean that it still is, as it seems the majority of people celebrating thanksgiving have no good comprehension of it's origin
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:38 pm

I just see it as an excuse to stuff my face full of turkey and pumpkin pie, and I'm okay with it.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:44 pm

I had an egg sandwich and a bowl of soup :(
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:02 pm

i had some cold mcdonalds $1 mcchicken sandwiches and old V8 juice
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:53 pm

People still celebrate its mythical origins. Walk into any Albertson's or Lucky's or any store that decorates itself during the holidays and a guarantee that you will see a pilgrim. When I was little, we would do the hand turkeys and make cute little, paper cut-out pilgrim people. It is extremely insensitive to Native Americans. Like how Columbus Day is. We used to get Columbus Day off, but after some protest from groups like AIM, American Indian Movement, we started to not get that day off. Instead we got Caesar Chavez day off. I remember this because I was upset we didn't get Columbus Day off because I was a kid and i didn't like going to school.

AIM uses Thanksgiving day to hold events like Unthanksgiving Day, and some Native American groups dub it "The National Day of Mourning."

There's nothing necessarily wrong with being thankful, but the fact that the origin is a slap in the face to the American Indians. Do you think they celebrate Thanksgiving?
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:33 pm

stickbeast wrote:It is extremely insensitive to Native Americans. Like how Columbus Day is. We used to get Columbus Day off, but after some protest from groups like AIM, American Indian Movement, we started to not get that day off. Instead we got Caesar Chavez day off.
Lol, you don't have Columbus day off. Your country is funny. Mang, i remember that
day i got drunk, in memory of our Indians of course MAN ON HORSE BRING GOOD!
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Cc_Hairy

Post by Cc_Hairy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:28 pm

kods toon pwns joes
bin laden wrote:I still think bush is the one that did all the shit
http://activistnews.blogspot.com/
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:15 am

stickbeast wrote:People still celebrate its mythical origins. Walk into any Albertson's or Lucky's or any store that decorates itself during the holidays and a guarantee that you will see a pilgrim. When I was little, we would do the hand turkeys and make cute little, paper cut-out pilgrim people. It is extremely insensitive to Native Americans. Like how Columbus Day is. We used to get Columbus Day off, but after some protest from groups like AIM, American Indian Movement, we started to not get that day off. Instead we got Caesar Chavez day off. I remember this because I was upset we didn't get Columbus Day off because I was a kid and i didn't like going to school.

AIM uses Thanksgiving day to hold events like Unthanksgiving Day, and some Native American groups dub it "The National Day of Mourning."

There's nothing necessarily wrong with being thankful, but the fact that the origin is a slap in the face to the American Indians. Do you think they celebrate Thanksgiving?

Who cares - and I'm a bleeding heart liberal, but we're allowed to celebrate stuff other people don't. Jesus flippin Christ.

It's our country now bitches.

Also had fun seeing all the family I can never manage to remember year to year, and eating way too much really good food. I didn't get any lemon meringue this year tho, which was disappointing. >.<
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:25 am

stickbeast wrote:There's nothing necessarily wrong with being thankful, but the fact that the origin is a slap in the face to
the American Indians. Do you think they celebrate Thanksgiving?
I do, and I'm part Cherokee. Does that count? Buuuuut I'm also descended from the pilgrims sooooooo.

Also Thanksgiving was celebrated before the whole first thanksgiving myth was slapped on to it I believe.
i <3 cheese. cheese <3 evry1. u= an every1. thus, by transitive property i <3 u
Chief Cheese the amazing wrote:
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:37 am

CaptainTripps wrote:
It's our country now bitches.
sigh.
Chief Cheese wrote: I do, and I'm part Cherokee. Does that count? Buuuuut I'm also descended from the pilgrims sooooooo.
I was talking about Native Americans who actually live on those reservations. I doubt they go around hanging up pilgrim decorations on their front door.

Also yeah, there had been other Thanksgivings in other countries around the world before 1621. Other countries celebrate it too. Thanksgiving in the US actually started to be a holiday when President Lincoln issued it. But its that mythical origin that people think of when you say: How did Thanksgiving start? That's why Native American groups pick that day to hold protests.
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:24 pm

No one who celebrates the Holiday cares about it's origin anymore, there's no reason people who don't celebrate it should care or take offense either. A Holiday can be no more inherently racist or evil than a word, if the meaning behind the celebration isn't at all offensive, why take offense?

Millions of families aren't trying to have a nice time together and enjoy a great meal to take a shit on the face of Native Americans, they're doing it because it's a tradition and they probably don't know how NOT to do it. Most people enjoy the occasional family get together and excuse to eat a bunch.

Sure, we could do away with Thanksgiving and celebrate the exact same way on a different day of the year and say it has nothing to do with Native Americans or whatever, but that's obviously never going to happen, and it wouldn't really change anything except for the way the Holiday is perceived by those who don't celebrate it. For everyone else, it's just another family gettogether stuffyourface Holiday. It's not going to change any time soon and it's sure as hell not hurting anyone. It's 2010, I'd say it's time to stop bitching about it.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.