Egyptian Revolution

Appears on http://www.joe.to. Gaming news or community information.
stabbyclaus

Egyptian Revolution

Post by stabbyclaus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Internet shut down in Egypt, here is a video of their struggle.
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
KoD
KoD [@at] joe . to
<b>KoD</b> <i>[@at]</i> <u>joe</u> . to

Re: Egyptian Revolution

Post by KoD » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Been following this on the news.
Interesting stuff...

EDIT: You make it sound like their revolting because their internet got shut off. lol
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:01 pm

yeah, this stuff started with Tunisia didn't it, Hopefully they will bring the change they need, “Every generation needs a new revolution.”- Thomas Jefferson
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Where there's revolution, there is confusion...
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Ikri

Post by Ikri » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Love the quote at the end by JFK.
Little Weapon

Post by Little Weapon » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:49 pm

live stream on Aljazeera:

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/
CaptainTripps wrote:Chicken, how does it work?
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:48 pm

"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:37 am

This is a really important and interesting topic... I think the reason that it isn't getting much traffic is simply because it's hard for us to know what's going to happen. Either way, I'm following news about this, it's definitely going to impact A LOT of things
e_e

Post by e_e » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:19 pm

lol oil
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:51 pm

It started with Tunisia, then spread to Egypt, and reforms are happening in Jordan and Yemen now as well. I find it very interesting that the military (not the police force) vowed not to used force against the protesters, that is extremely encouraging for them.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Bogey

Post by Bogey » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:29 pm

From what I've heard, the Egyptians generally have a high approval rating of their military, as opposed to their approval of Mubarak or the police.
This user has left the joe.to community. His posts are retained in memoriam.
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Cheney Has Kind Words for Mubarak
By CHARLIE SAVAGE

WASHINGTON – As protesters in Egypt pressed forward with calls for the resignation of Hosni Mubarak this weekend, former Vice President Dick Cheney said that the longtime Egyptian leader had been a “good friend” to the United States who deserved to be treated well.

Mr. Cheney, speaking on Saturday at an event celebrating the 100th anniversary of the birth of the late President Ronald Reagan, stopped short of saying what he thought would or should happen in Egypt, saying that the Egyptian people would determine the outcome.

But Mr. Cheney said that from the standpoint of American interests, while democracy and freedom in other countries were to be celebrated, they were not the only important issues. On other fronts, he said, Mr. Mubarak had long helped the United States.

“He’s been a good man, he’s been a good friend and ally of the United States,” Mr. Cheney said. “We need to remember that.”

He recalled meeting with Mr. Mubarak in Alexandria in 1990, when Mr. Cheney was the secretary of defense in the administration of George H.W. Bush and helped lead diplomatic efforts to put together a coalition to oust Iraq from Kuwait after Saddam Hussein’s invasion.

At the time, Mr. Cheney said, Mr. Mubarak was among the first Arab leaders to publicly sign on to the effort, allowing the United States to use Egyptian air space and the Suez Canal to get troops to Saudi Arabia. Later, he added, Mr. Mubarak sent two divisions of the Egyptian army to fight alongside American troops in Kuwait.

Mr. Cheney did not directly address other aspects of the alliance, from Egypt’s longstanding peace treaty with Israel to its role in taking and interrogating terrorism detainees through the Central Intelligence Agency’s rendition program. But he alluded to other policies Mr. Mubarak had undertaken over the years beyond his help in the first Gulf War.

“I think President Mubarak needs to be treated as he deserved over the years because he has been a good friend — not only of the United States, but a lot of other folks that we do business with, work with and have dealt with too. So you’re looking for a balance here.”

While sidestepping a question about whether it was in the interest of the United States for Mr. Mubarak to stay in power, Mr. Cheney hinted that his retirement after ruling Egypt for 30 years might not be the worst thing for him personally.

“I also think that there comes a time for everybody, when it’s time to hang it up and move on and someone else can take over,” Mr. Cheney said. “That’s true if you’re running a company, or if you’re a vice president, or if you know you are president. You get to a point where the years add up, the burdens become tougher to deal with. But as I say, that is a decision only the Egyptians can make.”

Mr. Cheney also suggested that people outside of the White House may not know exactly what the Obama administration has been saying to Mr. Mubarak. Mr. Cheney said that it was important for diplomatic communications to remain private so they can be effective.

“It is very hard for some foreign leader to act on U.S. advice in a visible way,” Mr. Cheney said. If “you tell me as the president of the United States that I’ve got to do X, and you do it publicly, then if I do X, my people think I’m not my own man — I do the bidding of the Americans. It’s exactly the wrong way to go.”

He added: “There is a reason why a lot of diplomacy is conducted in secret. There are good reasons for there to be confidentiality in some of those communications.”

Mr. Cheney’s remarks came during a period of turmoil over the confidentiality of diplomatic communications due to the leaking of more than 250,000 State Department cables to WikiLeaks, which has made several thousand of them public alongside a consortium of news organizations, including The New York Times, that obtained access to the archive.

Some commentators have attributed to the WikiLeaks documents a role in the current protests. The Egyptian protests were sparked after a similar uprising in Tunisia, which many believe was fueled in part by revelations in the cables about the corruption of the Tunisian government.

Mr. Cheney spoke at a program hosted by the Young America’s Foundation, a conservative group that now owns Mr. Reagan’s former ranch in California. His remarks are available on the C-SPAN Web site, with the portion devoted to Egypt beginning at about the 36-minute mark.

Source: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... to-u-s/?hp
------------------------------------------
Its all coming down, bit by bit...
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:19 am

A diplomatic van runs over more than 20 protesters on the 28th of Jan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cWOK0Lf ... ntrinter=1
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:46 pm

A Ninja wrote:A diplomatic van runs over more than 20 protesters on the 28th of Jan.
Damnit, this shit always has to happen in hot countries. I don't want to have to be deployed to another scorcher.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Holy fuck that van. From whose embassy?

Fuck you can FEEL the anger just grow and grow.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.