J2 Steam Game Secret Santa #2

website, forums, mumble, irc - anything related to anything related to joe.to
Sanvich Hoovy

Re: J2 Steam Game Secret Santa #2

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Iunno, I feel that this event is meant to be about giving rather than receiving, so I don't like people going "hey give me gifts now so I don't get duplicates". Just be happy that you're getting something, this isn't meant as a way to maximize your haul, it's so people can be cool and be generous to people that they probably wouldn't otherwise. Last year people gave out gifts early because they thought they physically wouldn't be at a computer Christmas day to send gifts to people. If that's the case, go ahead, but otherwise, don't feel guilty that you might have bought a duplicate, because nobody here should be complaining that they got one.
/me steps off soapbox
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks for the games Ninja. Murry christmas.
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:12 pm

yeah, crap, I just realized a flaw here. I have no idea as to what someone has gotten me so I cant risk buying something in the sales! D:

okay maybe we should just do the exchanges now? I already passed up on metal gear revengence going for like $5
Oh bugger
Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:24 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:Iunno, I feel that this event is meant to be about giving rather than receiving, so I don't like people going "hey give me gifts now so I don't get duplicates". Just be happy that you're getting something, this isn't meant as a way to maximize your haul, it's so people can be cool and be generous to people that they probably wouldn't otherwise. Last year people gave out gifts early because they thought they physically wouldn't be at a computer Christmas day to send gifts to people. If that's the case, go ahead, but otherwise, don't feel guilty that you might have bought a duplicate, because nobody here should be complaining that they got one.
/me steps off soapbox

Well it isn't about maximizing haul, I just dont want to seem like an ungrateful bastard when someone goes ahead and gives me something and they see I just bought it for myself. Then I've just gone ahead and wasted someone else's money when they were trying to make a nice gesture. double the disappointment for whoever was good enough to jump in.
Oh bugger
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:53 pm

Mr.Pink wrote:yeah, crap, I just realized a flaw here. I have no idea as to what someone has gotten me so I cant risk buying something in the sales! D:

okay maybe we should just do the exchanges now? I already passed up on metal gear revengence going for like $5
don't make your wishlist visible until you're done buying on the steam sale
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Mr.Pink wrote:
Sanvich Hoovy wrote:Iunno, I feel that this event is meant to be about giving rather than receiving, so I don't like people going "hey give me gifts now so I don't get duplicates". Just be happy that you're getting something, this isn't meant as a way to maximize your haul, it's so people can be cool and be generous to people that they probably wouldn't otherwise. Last year people gave out gifts early because they thought they physically wouldn't be at a computer Christmas day to send gifts to people. If that's the case, go ahead, but otherwise, don't feel guilty that you might have bought a duplicate, because nobody here should be complaining that they got one.
/me steps off soapbox

Well it isn't about maximizing haul, I just dont want to seem like an ungrateful bastard when someone goes ahead and gives me something and they see I just bought it for myself. Then I've just gone ahead and wasted someone else's money when they were trying to make a nice gesture. double the disappointment for whoever was good enough to jump in.
I wouldn't call it a waste of money, if anything you can just give it to someone else.

Spreading the cheer around to more than one person isn't really a bad thing. :)
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:05 pm

everyone should worship Hooplah for he is a true Valar
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:
Mr.Pink wrote:yeah, crap, I just realized a flaw here. I have no idea as to what someone has gotten me so I cant risk buying something in the sales! D:

This is the best idea
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:
Pentagram.J2 wrote:

This is the best idea
Welp hopefully they didn't get it during the sale.
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:01 am

Andless Loogand and Dis Var off mine? I've nevar havered a bester krismas! Tanks Tzeryushi!

Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:47 am

CYPHER ROCKS.

THANK YOU
snipersaurusrex wrote:YOU SAID YOU'D BE A PRICEY HOOKER. And you would.
Very pricey.
Zeno

Post by Zeno » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:01 pm

You rock, Katana!

-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)
Hooplah
PeaChooter
<b><font color=#40FF00>Pea</font><font color=#408000>Chooter</font></b>

Post by Hooplah » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:02 pm

wolsky is my new boo. all you other boos back the fuck up.
The Coolest Kid on the Planet wrote:[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> westsidee
[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> thug liefff
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla¡ is hacking aimbot
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla! noob aimbot is hacking noob
RideTheWalrus
Butts.
<font color=#FF80BF><b><i>Butts.</i></b></font>

Post by RideTheWalrus » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:17 am

shout-out to pentagram for getting me two games! <3
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger