North Korea General

Some gaming news gets moved from here to the forum above
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

North Korea General

Post by narwal » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:08 pm

An unidentified spokesman for Pyongyang's Foreign Ministry said the North will exercise its right for "a preemptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors" because Washington is pushing to start a nuclear war against the North.
So North Korea is threatening to nuke America. Kinda big threat there, hell, it's a bit frightening. It could lead to WW3, but it's thought that NK doesn't have the tech to pull it off.

Full Article's here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb ... d_art_more
Last edited by narwal on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Re: North Korea Threatens to Nuke

Post by mbaxter » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:55 pm

A world war requires countries actually defending north korea.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Motherfucking China
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 pm

north korea strong, usa we war u
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:02 am

narwal wrote:Motherfucking China
China is not support North Korea and is in talks with the UN to sanction them along with the US.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:27 am

Oh? I thought they were backing NK.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:39 am

Generally yes they are backers of DPRK they did put Kim Il-sung in power but they aren't in control of country and they often step out of line with what China wants.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 am

mbaxter wrote:A world war requires countries actually defending north korea.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Arranzu
The Black Samurai

Post by Arranzu » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:20 pm

I heard about this yesterday during ups training, freaked me out a bit. Any more word on it?
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:29 pm

¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
Ikri

Post by Ikri » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:38 pm

Well this is cute :3
King_Fluffy
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire

Post by King_Fluffy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:55 am

Nukes are for sissies.
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
OfLoathing

Post by OfLoathing » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:52 pm

China does support North Korea in many ways. However, they have recently stopped vetoing most sanctions against them in the UN because they see that North Korea has been more bellicose and unstable lately.

When I was in China recently, it was very clear on government sanctioned news that support for them is dwindling. Several college professors came on to comment calling the regime unstable and reactionary. This is new.

With that being said, however, these are not new threats from North Korea:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21710644
http://www.piie.com/blogs/nk/?p=9612

They've made threats to slash and burn the armistice agreement several times already. The only truly NEW occurrence is that they now openly state that they are producing a nuclear weapon to harm the US and it's allies. Before, everyone really knew that's what they were doing, but they never admitted it and would use the excuse that they're trying to produce nuclear power.

Most news we get about North Korea is limited at best anyways - this article is really very interesting:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... /308414/1/

I think in the near future North Korea's actions are going to be largely unpredictable.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Does NK's nuclear rockets have the capability to even reach the US? Much less into the pacific?
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:42 pm

Nuclear weapons now allow them to have some kind of leverage on a scale larger then South Korea. Even a small nuclear explosion will cause a global problem, it isn't a localized problem with fallout following trade winds and China realizes that. North Korea's missiles that could hit anything outside of Asia require fixed installations that are all monitored and targeted so any launch would be instantly targeted and there would never be a second launch.

North Korea is so outmatched militarily it wouldn't be a long drawn out war, occupation may be but I think China would want to be involved rather then let the US/South Korea claim the territory, there are also a lot of North Koreans in concentration camps that would want to help run the country/occupation. The only question is how many people in South Korea would die, since North Korea has a shit load of artillery pieces lined up at the border pointed at any cities in range.

North Korea knows all of this they are just leveraging unless they have truly gone insane.