Dr. Migration or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love J2

Some gaming news gets moved from here to the forum above
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Re: Dr. Migration or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Lov

Post by Neelpos » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:21 pm

Roughjericho wrote:
Neelpos wrote:TTT is dead, if you can somehow come up with an idea on how we could have a populated server then go ahead, but the playercount for that game is abysmal, and our server was dead 24/7

Also where's CSJO :evil:
CSJO was pretty much dead 24/7 too if it wasn't for CS:GO nights, i don't see you commenting on that fact. :U
CSJO continues to see activity, If I recall correctly the TTT server had seen no activity for more than 2 weeks straight when it was shut down. Additionally I'm not the only one who gets people into that server (Which is good cause I'm busy as shit lately), and with the increase in CS:GO interest on J2 (relating to Matchmaking mostly) CS:JO is seeing much better days than TTT was having in the last few months of its life.

Also criticizing CS:JO and then proposing the plan to populate TTT as exactly what I do whenever I host a CS:JO night doesn't sound like very effective. Again, TTT has a smaller playerbase, so it's safe to say if we put a server up and you did exactly what I do for CS:JO it'll see less returns.

Look I really liked playing TTT, but just because you like something doesn't mean it's going to stick around forever, everyone bailed. Same thing that happened with TF4 except much quicker.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Maha

Post by Maha » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:31 pm

If only Sven 5.0 would release. T_T
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Maha wrote:If only Sven 5.0 would release. T_T
Soooooon
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:34 pm

UT4 is coming out and will be opensource to a degree we could likely put up a server when it's released or before.

What might be fun is if we could some how automate server creation and removal so users can choose what they want to play and offer it as a resource.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 pm

scobywhru wrote:UT4 is coming out and will be opensource to a degree we could likely put up a server when it's released or before.
Alright, yeah, if TTT isn't an option (negative nancies, the lot of ya) I'll definitely be down for UT4.
Bao

Post by Bao » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:09 pm

mbaxter wrote:*glances at top of forums*

Yay.

A few scattered thoughts:

First of all, I'm sorry this took so long. I've been busy, others have been busy. It sucks.

I'd love more people who want to be involved in j2's future, to work together finding good solutions. Those solutions include me trying to find people who are also capable of maintaining servers because we could use more of that.

We need a new game. Or a new old game. RenX is one thing I want to look into attempting but I want more ideas.
RenX would be rad as absolute fuck, I played the original Renegade a lot as a kid and the remake is the greatest thing in the world. We just wouldn't be able to do things like map for it without us learning Unreal Editor/Engine first. Not the hugest obstacle though, just I worry about those of us (like myself) who can barely run anything UDK3 or higher. I especially worry about this for UT4 though, I think RenX compared to that would be manageable and it wouldn't be hard for people to upgrade a comp that's having trouble running it.

Also I could help with managing servers now that I've got a lot of experience after having been the web panel/ftp manager and head admin of the main MXS server and also the Police VS Aliens offshoot. I've also got a lot of experience just being a regular admin now just from moderating the other 4 servers and forum when I happen to be on. Though the Minecraft thing a year back was obviously a fiasco :'v.
A Ninja wrote:
Maha wrote:If only Sven 5.0 would release. T_T
Soooooon
God I hope so, I need the func_vehicle + func_tank combination you showed me. Just that has me hyped.

EDIT: Also hot shit apparently tf4 is back online WITH 6 PLAYERS!
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:42 pm

CSJO When
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Bao

Post by Bao » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:49 pm

im still 50% of the new posts being made

too used to somethingawful speeds
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Baxter informed me CSJO is being set up, specifically by someone I will enjoy blaming whenever something goes wrong.

Hopefully it'll be back soon and I can get the maps and everything back, maybe the map vote function too since it'll be a fresh install.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Maha

Post by Maha » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Bao wrote:im still 50% of the new posts being made

-snip-

too used to somethingawful speeds
Bumping old threads for no reason does that.
Bao

Post by Bao » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:05 pm

I kind of want to find the first ever thread in joe.to that hasn't been purged by pruning and bump it just as a gesture of Joe.to Nationalist pride
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Neelpos wrote:specifically by someone I will enjoy blaming whenever something goes wrong
Either Techie, KOD, or Scooby.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Three strikes and you're outta heyah
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:49 pm

Who else knows how to do it?
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:32 pm

me but no one trusts me
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not