Brexit

Some gaming news gets moved from here to the forum above
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Brexit

Post by narwal » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:48 pm

my boyfriend and i collaborated to make this top tier meme

Britain's voted to leave the EU. World economies are shittin' themselves.

Here's the Nikkei 225 (JPN Stock market) this morning, for instance:

also this:
ImageImage

The pound plummeted, the euro dropped. The JPY is stronger.
Any Brits in the house wanna comment please do so!

Discuss.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: Brexit

Post by Django » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:06 pm

"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
DiabeticDugong

Post by DiabeticDugong » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:40 pm

Don't forget Cameron's resigning too
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:14 pm

kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:09 pm

Neelpos wrote:
damn, the brexit memes have been top notch

they really did it for the cheeky bantz, fuckin ledg
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:56 am

Memes aside, this is pretty terrifying news. It shows how right-wing extremism and isolationism is becoming increasingly popular, and how misdirection by the news media can completely shift public opinion. After years of creating an immigrant boogeyman to blame the U.K.'s problems on, the populace finally called their bluff and wrecked their whole country almost overnight. How long it takes for them to recover is yet to be seen, but lets hope voters in the U.S. see this and learn from it before November. I swear every day here feels more '1930 Weimar' and '60 BC Rome' than the last.
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:28 am

You don't honestly thing 52% of Britain voted to leave because "AHH IMMIGRATION", do you?

also

kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:22 am

Neelpos wrote:You don't honestly thing 52% of Britain voted to leave because "AHH IMMIGRATION", do you?
Immigration is the most often-cited reason I've been hearing from the Brexit camp. But yes, other factors are at play, namely the resentment of 'big-government' that's been growing over the years since the '07 crash as conservatives call for austerity and reduction of spending. The media worked to play this up too, and before 'muh immigrants' became the focus, it was a resentment of poor people living off the government that fueled their ratings, with 'documentary' Benefits Street being one of the most egregious examples of propaganda I've seen in recent years. This, coupled with the pants-on-head retarded results of the last election (I hate UKIP, but the fact that they got 12.6% of the vote and only 1 seat in parliament is ridiculous), creates an atmosphere of disdain for the government.

My question is how this disgust translated into a hatred of the EU, when EU investments have provided the backbone for economic growth across Britain, especially in poorer regions which, ironically, more often voted to leave. It's an example of cutting off the nose to spite your face, but the face they want to spite is someone else's entirely, so now they just have to walk around without a nose because they're morons.

dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:38 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote: My question is how this disgust translated into a hatred of the EU, when EU investments have provided the backbone for economic growth across Britain, especially in poorer regions which, ironically, more often voted to leave.
lol https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -ebbw-vale

I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
Waterbear

Post by Waterbear » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:51 pm

12:13 PM - jermm: man I haven't taken a poop that needs a plunger in years
12:13 PM - jermm: my body is failing me
g
Struan
Genuine Aerospace Engineer

Post by Struan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:24 pm

On a side note, this has reignited Scotland's independence campaign for better or for worse Post Brexit Vote :/
Your lucky number is 559130229394580. Watch for it everywhere.