joe.to forums

online gaming community

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:29 pm

Post subject: Getting really tired of this
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:17 am 

First of all, can we designate this as a no-shitpost thread? I know that's asking a lot of you guys, but I would really appreciate it.

So over the past few months, fisch has been passive agressive about my attempts to have his admin removed (which were probably not the only factor that caused it, but he still seems to think it's my doing alone.) Shortly after his admin was removed, he had me and hallowed blocked on every platform. We were subject to him talking over us half the time, due to his inability to hear us in chat. Whenever we were brought up, he would either say "who?" or he would just be very vocal about how he has us muted for very poorly thought out reasons. It wasn't until mbaxter came in and told him to cut the shit that he decided he would unmute me (which happened the next day). He still to this time has hallowed muted for an incident where fisch was in the wrong in the first place.

Time passes, and then on a day midway through july (either that or june; fisch has full the chat log still) he was being particularly rude in that he was preventing hallowed from joining everyone else who was playing a game at the time. As it turns out: not only is fisch preventing him from playing games with mutual friends by creating the party himself every time, but he also removed him from the J2 Final Fantasy 14 guild chat just because he had the authority to do so in the game. He did not let the group decide, he decided.

I have tried to speak up for hallowed on many occasions in a respectful manner (usually by providing feedback in voice) but seeing as fisch was not taking it upon himself to be fair about the situation, I was done being nice about it.

I sent him the following steam message after I left mumble for the night.

8:55 PM - Otterfiend: I need to be honest with you. The petty nonsense that only you are pulling at this point is pointless and just annoying. I get you don't like hallowed. whatever. but grow up holy shit. you got mad at him for trashtalking. you are CONSTANTLY trashtalking. in jest or otherwise, it's still just as frustrating to listen to at the end of the day. yatta got over it. hallowed got over it. neelpos got over it. now it's your turn.
8:57 PM - Otterfiend: you removed him from your FF14 chat thing or whatever that shit is as well. a j2 community area that you used your power in to make sure you get your way
8:58 PM - Otterfiend: You act like you're flawless in regards to this whenever it's brought up, but you have just as much blame to take in this at this point.
8:59 PM - Otterfiend: when you don't like your coworkers you just suck it up. why does this have to be so different to you?
9:03 PM - Otterfiend: I've made my descion that the next time I catch you talking over hallowed, I'm just going to server mute you. There's personal muting spammers. that's one thing. that's why the function exists. but when you try to single handedly alienate a member of our community who has been working really hard to be a better guy over the time we've known him, then that's just rude as fuck.
9:03 PM - Otterfiend: I would know, because you tried it on me too.

Now I don't wish to say hallowed is a shining example to the community (he's far from that). I have not seen him in mumble enough to even yell at fisch about talking over him since, but at the time fisch was overreacting. I already had mbaxter's blessing to server mute people who make it hard for others to talk by talking over them (I had brought it up before when fisch had me muted.)

Obviously I was angry about it the whole situation, but fisch never responded. I had assumed he forgot about it considering he never expressed any grief or anger about it. Then, only over the course of the past week, he pushed himself back into "that mood". The one where he just shits on me when I come into mumble, and acts like I commit huge attrocites. I even stopped saying "what are you nerds up to" because every time I said it, he would instantly snap back at me about it.

Tonight at about 2:30 PM Eastern, I came into mumble. I talked about various things with my friends in the group. I asked neelpos what game he was playing, and he said overwatch. I joined his party, and we were having a good time. Eventually, fisch brought up gripes about the past when we were just talking about the game ("This coming from the guy who calls people rude and then is rude himself".)

I was a bit taken aback at first. I was genuinely confused what was going on and pieced together he was angry with me, but I didn't know why. When I asked what was going on, he posted that chat log from like a month ago. I tried to say "are you really that upset about something you never responded to a month ago?" but he instantly started talking over me for a solid 20 seconds. That is where I let myself go entirely. Had neelpos not stopped both of us, I would have gone off on him until one of us got too angry and left. Instead, neelpos snapped at me to stop a few times. I did. Fisch continued to argue the point until neelpos repeatedly told him he would kick both of us for bringing it up in a public setting.

I left chat after we capped the second to last point on dorado in overwatch. Partially because I had enough of fisch being on his high horse he no right being on, and partially because someone else was spamming me on steam from another group of friends.

Am I proud of calling fisch an oblivious asshole during the argument tonight? No. Was he right to bring up a stupid shitty chat log from a month ago at a public setting in an irrelevant manner? Fuck no. Time and Time again he has proven to get angry about things he could've avoided, and then not communicate about any of it.

There is no reasoning with a man with no ears, and I'm tired of having to cater to every little gripe he has with me and others. The amount of people who I have heard cite the mumble group for their leaving J2 is astounding. Maybe this is what they were talking about.

If you care to hear my recommendation, it's to remove mumble. The group there is too tightly knit, and there's no accountability because the only people who would hold anyone responsible are the people who don't show up most of the time. Everyone cries about the possibility of discord being used over mumble, but god forbid somebody actually be around to keep mumble in order.

This community is dead, and will stay that way until someone steps up to the plate and makes change in some way or another.

Post subject: Re: Getting really tired of this
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:46 am 
 It was inevitable.

most of this can be resolved by:
  • muting fisch
  • finding new friends to play ff14 with
cause you sure as hell aint gonna change fisch's attitude.

if there's one thing fisch is good at, it's alienating people. he's the perfect example of the stereotypical high school girl whose always gotta be the center of attention, and if you dont suck up to him then you're out of the group and he'll no longer acknowledge your existance. oh, he loves to talk behind your back, too (maybe not you specifically, but others for sure).

the thing about FF14 you gotta understand is the linkshell and fc isn't j2. it just happens to be filled with a lot of j2 members and they use the mumble server. there's really nothing you can do about that but get over it.

it's clear you dont like that clique. i dont really like it either but i put up with it because they're the only people i know who plays ff14. even still, in the last couple months i found that their (really, mostly fisch's) attitude just isnt worth it and i'd be better off joining some other random fc on some other random server (instead i just unsubbed so i can turn my focus back to schoolwork). you're probably better off doing the same.

as for removing mumble, that is probably the most retarded reaction to this situation. just switch channels, man. or use discord. or mute fisch and be done with him.

if you run into a situation where fisch is party leader and he's not inviting you, ask a mutual friend/third party to be the party leader and to invite both of you. i urge you to do the same (if fisch wants to play, either invite him and keep him muted, or promote a mutual friend to party leader and have them be in charge).

j2 is dead because community server based games are dead. everything has moved to lobbies. until a new game comes out that only uses community servers and j2 gets in on it early before it turns super popular, j2 will continue to be dead.

9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:35 pm 
 Praise the 2D Booty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:59 pm 
 Error 404: Title not found

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:12574389
otterfiend wrote:
Fisch continued to argue the point until neelpos repeatedly told him he would kick both of us for bringing it up in a public setting.

Correction: For arguing loudly in a general chat channel about your personal issues with each other.

Not like I was gonna freak out that you don't like each other there's just better places to talk about it, here for instance, thank you for making the thread.

MrBlip wrote:
j2 is dead because community server based games are dead. everything has moved to lobbies. until a new game comes out that only uses community servers and j2 gets in on it early before it turns super popular, j2 will continue to be dead.

Pour one out for the homie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:19 pm 
 Bow down to your King!
 <font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:20562588
Just don't talk to fisch, he probably read this and is aware of his situation with him. Try to do it as smooth as possible,
like there might be people talking to him and such, so you gotta be aware.

Something i want to say is that if fisch has had so many "calls for attention" as a mumble admin, why not suspend his mumble
admin and make someone else mumble admin to compensate. I never had a problem with him ,but then again i only use mumble
in my channel to play with few people and when we do, usually we all playing the same thing, so no room for problems like his.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:28 pm 
 Error 404: Title not found

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:12574389
Django wrote:
if fisch has had so many "calls for attention" as a mumble admin

He's not he was fired a while ago.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:34 pm 
 these pretzels are making me thirsty
 <font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:14600490
sounds like a very swell guy to be around

Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:37 am 
 Bathtub Meth Sold Here!
 <font color=#BF8000>Bathtub Meth Sold Here!</font>

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:42066071
Quite honestly, this is why I fucked off. I refuse to go to mumble because someone has to be louder than everyone else. AND PEOPLE ALLOW IT.
Fisch doesn't understand that he's going to end up driving most of everyone away because of his inability to interact with people beyond being an angry little shit.
Just find something else to do. There's no point in being miserable and forcing yourself to be around it. It's simply not worth it.
Anyone that I've had in there trying to learn a new game stop playing it because they can't learn, they just get shit thrown at them.

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:29 pm