star wars revenge of the sith spoilers

stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.
User avatar
lazarus
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:56 pm
Location: oklahoma
Contact:

Post by lazarus » Thu May 19, 2005 11:56 pm

I saw it and thought it was better than episodes I and II.

I disagree with the acting critique; these are just good actors stuck with shitty lines with little or no direction. Lucas lacks both and it painfully shows in every episode he directs. (he pulls off some cool lines every once in a while but he lacks in dialogue).

Positives:
-Mace Windu vs Palpatine fight......damn that was awesome
-beginning of movie.........by far the most exciting beginning to any star wars movie ( a jedi fight at the beginning? holy shit!)
-no jar-jar...........not 1 line, all humour left to R2
-I loved watching Palpatine, creepy as hell

Negatives:
-yea, i also thought anakin's switch to the dark side was a little too easy
-kinda felt like Yoda ran away from last fight, anyone else feel this way? (maybe Sidiuis had the 'high ground')
-horrible lines.........
1) "Don't do it Anakin, I have the high ground"
/what a shitty way to end the fight imo
2) "Anakin, you're breaking my heart"
/damn bad
3) "In my view, the Jedi are traitors"
/i might be off on this one, but i tried to forget it as soon as i heard it

**kinda picky I know, I did like this movie a lot though


for good measure, the worst line of the year from Kingdom of Heaven:
"how can she be in hell, when she's in my heart?"
hold your glass up, hold it in
never betray the way you've always known it is
one day i'll be wondering how
i got so old just wondering how
i never got cold wearing nothing in the snow

- the shins
User avatar
FUTURAMA
Posts: 3632
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Torching Evil Doers
Contact:

Post by FUTURAMA » Fri May 20, 2005 12:03 am

erm, im not too sure on the emperor "acting" like he was gonna lose to mace, when anakin wasn't even there when he first got pinned down, and tried to take mace off guard a lot with lightning, if he could kill mace on his own, why the shiat would he need anakin to be his apprentice
Image
Image
Anxiously awaiting: More FUTURAMA, Smash Bros, and A Prince of Persia movie.
User avatar
Bluefox
Posts: 3267
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:58 pm

Post by Bluefox » Fri May 20, 2005 12:07 am

Yes Yoda ran but not because of Sidious having the high ground but simply because Yoda is not strong enough to fight him. Didn't you watch the fight? Yoda was on the defensive almost the whole time. People forget this, but they explained it in the 6th episode.

The dark side is fueled by anger, hatred, suffering, fear, and betrayal. Emperor Palpatine got his ass kicked at first by Mace Windu because the dark side was still not nearly at its strongest. Anakin hadn't turned to the dark side yet, and many jedi's still lived, plus there was not much hatred, fear, anger, betrayal, and suffering going on. So that made the emperor weak. By the time Yoda was fighting Emperor Palpatine, the Dark Side was at its peak in power. Hatred, betrayal, anger, fear, suffering were flourishing.....the deaths of the Jedi's not only hurt Yoda, but it gave the Emperor more power.

That is why when Anakin became evil he began fighting better. Its simply because the Dark Side has a stronger force influence than the Jedi's. If Yoda would have continuted the battle, he would have brought his own demise.
Image
User avatar
DaLkO
Posts: 4869
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:16 pm
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact:

Post by DaLkO » Fri May 20, 2005 1:26 am

There was some crap, but hey, nothing's perfect. Overall, the movie kicked ass.
ARGHLES TO YOU JUICESHAKE!!! :O
User avatar
Volmarias
Posts: 7905
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:02 am
Contact:

Post by Volmarias » Fri May 20, 2005 1:45 am

Lucas finally stopped raping my childhood. It's about fucking time.
Locke
Posts: 2426
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 5:52 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Post by Locke » Fri May 20, 2005 5:41 pm

-=[S.Y.M]=- YOGO wrote:saw it today with breaker, i thought it was "meh"
it just didn't seem to flow right, and it was like they rushed it. the scene where sidius convinces anakin to join the darkside and go kill the jedi's was just too quick

"what have i done?"
"meh, he was trying to take over, go kill some jedi"
"sure thing"

there seemed to be no transition, he was a half decent guy trying to save his wife, then bang, he's evil.
i have to agree though, the acting was pretty horrible, the guy who played anakin who's name i would mis-spell if i tried was just dire, he had only 1 emotion.
You know everything that I hated about the movie, it didn't really get good until the end which was sad, and then we got whisked away to the ending credits...
User avatar
DrWho
Posts: 3034
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:17 pm
Location: Stuck in the Zoo of Idiots on Gahhhhh
Contact:

Post by DrWho » Fri May 20, 2005 6:43 pm

i enjoyed it but i felt there should have been a few less fighting scenes and more scenes with a lot more dialogue. It felt to me like they knew they had to have scenes with emotions in to make it an acceptable movie but really just wanted to do 142 minuets worth of special effects and fighting. Also the power of the lightsaber battles has now gone, with the original films we rarely saw the lightsaber used and waited in anticipation for a lightsaber battle which was great but now it feels like you would be frowned upon if you wern't to get your saber out and start killing everyone around you. However i still found it a very enjoyable film but noone must be allowed to try and watch the whole saga episode 1 - 6, god imagine watching the fight between obi-wan and Vadar in episode 4 just after wtaching them fight in episode 3 rofl.
User avatar
Archenemy550
Posts: 3989
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 1:49 am
Location: SoCal
Contact:

Post by Archenemy550 » Fri May 20, 2005 7:10 pm

im goign to wait til next week to see this, when all the crazies are gone
same here
MOS 6581
User avatar
lazarus
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:56 pm
Location: oklahoma
Contact:

Post by lazarus » Fri May 20, 2005 7:27 pm

Bluefox wrote: The dark side is fueled by anger, hatred, suffering, fear, and betrayal. Emperor Palpatine got his ass kicked at first by Mace Windu because the dark side was still not nearly at its strongest. Anakin hadn't turned to the dark side yet, and many jedi's still lived, plus there was not much hatred, fear, anger, betrayal, and suffering going on. So that made the emperor weak. By the time Yoda was fighting Emperor Palpatine, the Dark Side was at its peak in power. Hatred, betrayal, anger, fear, suffering were flourishing.....the deaths of the Jedi's not only hurt Yoda, but it gave the Emperor more power.
Damn, you're right; that makes sense and I did forget that. Still, Yoda was talking a lot of shit before the fight ;)

going to see it again, and I dont see how anyone didnt like the beginning
I cant wait til the DVD so I can slo-mo through all that space fighting stuff
hold your glass up, hold it in
never betray the way you've always known it is
one day i'll be wondering how
i got so old just wondering how
i never got cold wearing nothing in the snow

- the shins
User avatar
Bluefox
Posts: 3267
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:58 pm

Post by Bluefox » Fri May 20, 2005 8:43 pm

Yeah I am gonna go see it again. I can't wait for it to be on DVD either because then I can watch all 6 movies in a row :)
Image
User avatar
Hellboy
Posts: 17231
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:35 am
Location: Grove Street
Contact:

Post by Hellboy » Fri May 20, 2005 9:58 pm

Just saw it. I enjoyed it a lot.
Image
User avatar
Pickledvermin
Posts: 2508
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:33 pm
Location: Olympia
Contact:

Post by Pickledvermin » Fri May 20, 2005 11:33 pm

DarthWho wrote:i enjoyed it but i felt there should have been a few less fighting scenes and more scenes with a lot more dialogue. It felt to me like they knew they had to have scenes with emotions in to make it an acceptable movie but really just wanted to do 142 minuets worth of special effects and fighting. Also the power of the lightsaber battles has now gone, with the original films we rarely saw the lightsaber used and waited in anticipation for a lightsaber battle which was great but now it feels like you would be frowned upon if you wern't to get your saber out and start killing everyone around you. However i still found it a very enjoyable film but noone must be allowed to try and watch the whole saga episode 1 - 6, god imagine watching the fight between obi-wan and Vadar in episode 4 just after wtaching them fight in episode 3 rofl.
hooray for another awkward, stilted love seen with padme and anakin.

and about Vader and Obi in four, you do have to give them some credit, they're fogies in that. :D
IT'Z BACK!
User avatar
Special-K
Posts: 5935
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:23 pm
Location: New Zealand

Post by Special-K » Sat May 21, 2005 7:21 am

im watching it right now and ARGHHH why the fuck was natalie portman even in this movie ffs gtfo
Image
"Guy in the front puts the bottle one, the rest have a man train. " - Emerica
User avatar
Funny Hat Man
Posts: 8004
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:30 pm
Location: Canada 0_o

Post by Funny Hat Man » Sat May 21, 2005 12:10 pm

Maybe because she was in the other 2??

I saw it last night... it was great. I went in there expected all hell to break loose and it sure as hell did! Might see it again tonight even...
Funny Hat Man wrote:I awoke to an amazing blowjob only to find it was a dude... and let him finish
User avatar
Bluefox
Posts: 3267
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:58 pm

Post by Bluefox » Sat May 21, 2005 12:51 pm

Darth Hat Man wrote:Maybe because she was in the other 2??

I saw it last night... it was great. I went in there expected all hell to break loose and it sure as hell did! Might see it again tonight even...
Yeah same here. It was just so damn awsome, you gotta see it again :) The Emperor always was my favorite character I think that is why I enjoyed this one so much. He was in it alot. Episode 6 had him in it alot too which I enjoyed that too....

And Yeah delinquent I thought the emperor was hillarious too when he fights he like laughs and gets all growling and stuff hahaha and when he is dangling off the side he is cracking up hahaha.
Image
Post Reply