At & t buying out T Mobile

stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Haymakers9th

Re: At & t buying out T Mobile

Post by Haymakers9th » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:05 pm

ew it was only the 80s? I thought it was a little longer ago, it only took them under 30 years to get back together like that...
Steam
GW2: Haymaker.8924 (Tinthundered, Encoelia)
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Here's another source for ya.
http://gear.ign.com/articles/115/1156637p1.html

Here's another about what the merge "might mean to us".
http://gear.ign.com/articles/115/1156886p1.html

Also, may I be the first(at least in my own little world) to coin the term AT$T?
Last edited by japanimater on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Nightwolf wrote:I think we can all agree that AT&T CEO's are turds.

They're just businessmen they can't help their nature. That's supposed to be the government's job.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:45 pm

CaptainTripps wrote:
Nightwolf wrote:I think we can all agree that AT&T CEO's are turds.
They're just businessmen they can't help their nature. That's supposed to be the government's job.
Your right... hmmm. There is something wrong with the world model. I guess its why I really like The Venus Project.

http://www.thevenusproject.com/
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Public Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
ayeyah

Post by ayeyah » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:58 pm

IMO: One of the points that AT&T will bring up to the FCC to get them to approve the buyout is that the merger will improve "4G" service and overall coverage, since T-Mobile's towers would be able to cover some of the empty patches . What this means to me is that AT&T has done a pretty shitty job investing in their existing and new infrastructure. Now, in their defense, I do hear it's hard to get new radio towers up (many years and lots of paperwork involved, as well as local opposition to towers due to "omg radiation"). Still, no real good news for the consumer can come from this deal.

And then there's the question of what will happen to existing T-Mobile phones. I may be wrong, but I remember that T-Mobile and AT&T operate in different frequency bands, and certain phones may have trouble switching over to the new carrier (i.e. it may not be as simple as a new SIM card). I think most new phones don't have this issue, but then again, I really don't know, can someone fill in for me on this subject?
STEAM_0:0:2611885
gladys

Post by gladys » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:49 pm

ha-ha
(link spam removed - md)
NTbacteria

Post by NTbacteria » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:36 pm

I hate Att, they suck big time. Have you tried calling to cancel a line? they put you through so much shit, I just want to fucking cancel a line!!!! I had to talk to them and listen to their BS for an hour so they can hit the cancel line button. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:39 pm

they said that you will have to eventually replace any T Mobile 3g handsets, though I bet it's going to be a very gradual process.
Steam
GW2: Haymaker.8924 (Tinthundered, Encoelia)
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
Jason
TODAY IS WEDNESDAY
<font color=#17e66e><b>TODAY IS WEDNESDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Thu May 19, 2011 1:49 pm

MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
brassline

Post by brassline » Thu May 19, 2011 9:44 pm

We all knew it was going to happen someday. Now we'll se what company folds next.
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Post by Wolsk » Fri May 20, 2011 10:22 am

Why would you want T-Mobile?
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Fri May 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Honestly, the ATT Wireless/Cingular merger was a bigger deal. People had the exact same reaction then as now, but it didn't really change the landscape much.

Then the government allowed Cingular Wireless to buy up what was left of the original ATT, and rebrand everything as ATT again. Remember, Cingular was SBC, one of the Baby Bells created after ATT was broken up, so basically the subsidiary purchased the parent company. If that passed the smell test, then this is nothing in comparison.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.