famous belgian

stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.
joe
The Big Cheese

famous belgian

Post by joe » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:07 am

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hallet.html
Hallet was born in Belgium in 1927. His father was apparently-famous impressionist painter Andre Hallet, a man whose paintings of the untamed African wilderness now hang in art galleries in nearly every country in the world, and, when you consider that this kid was fourteen damn pounds when he was born, we can only assume his mother was a pretty hardcore character as well. Jean-Pierre grew up in the Congo, (which, if the 1990s Tim Curry movie is to be believed, is populated almost entirely by giant, hyper-intelligent Laser Gorillas and fiery volcanoes that spew magma like all the time, making it pretty awesome), and while his dad was out contributing to the commendable-yet-not-exactly-skull-crushing field of impressionist oil painting, this kid was in the middle of the fucking wilderness living among Rwandan Bantu tribesmen, learning native languages, and immersing himself in African culture.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Re: famous belgian

Post by Rat-morningstar » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:44 am

all belgians are this awesome, trust me on this one...

srs: i think i've got another article like this about another guy, let me see if i can find it again
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:54 am

So what, he can't die as long as Africa exists or something?

Allan Quartermain would kick his ass.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:35 am

CaptainTripps wrote:So what, he can't die as long as Africa exists or something?

Allan Quartermain would kick his ass.
Would i be lame, if the first time i heard about Quartermain was from that shitty league of extraordinary gentlemen movie?
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
mRgRiM
Xfire: mrgrim720

Post by mRgRiM » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:40 pm

wtf is belgium