Firearms & Weapons

stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.
RideTheWalrus
Butts.
<font color=#FF80BF><b><i>Butts.</i></b></font>

Firearms & Weapons

Post by RideTheWalrus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:12 am

Thread for GATS AND SHIVS

Last edited by RideTheWalrus on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hooplah
PeaChooter
<b><font color=#40FF00>Pea</font><font color=#408000>Chooter</font></b>

Re: Firearms & Weapons

Post by Hooplah » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:15 am

Oh fuck yeah.

I'm Hooplah and I do guns, but no shivs. Surely someone else can hook you up there. I'm currently building a FAL. I'll post pics in the morning when I can get better lighting.

Here's a video of a happy old man shooting a nice Israeli model FAL that also includes a bunch of background information:
The Coolest Kid on the Planet wrote:[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> westsidee
[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> thug liefff
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla¡ is hacking aimbot
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla! noob aimbot is hacking noob
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:00 am

FAL is OP as FUCK in Blops2
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
dyl1138
Falling Down
<font color=blue>Falling</font><font color=red> Down</font>

Post by dyl1138 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:17 am

Ian7 wrote:FAL is OP as FUCK in Blops2
They nerfed it's full auto range to make the SMR have at least a LITTLE appeal for 2 shot kills. It still seems to do crazy damage at medium range regardless, which was the whole problem with it from the start. So... Yeah good job Treyarch.
What is crutch
Bison don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Also just watched the video. That guy is a badass and I'm afraid of him.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
bloodcrow

Post by bloodcrow » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Interesting to see this thread. Once i'm employed again, i want to get a rifle. I've had my eye on the SKS (preferably Russian) for a while because of the following:

history
affordability
reliability
availability of ammo
accuracy (for my needs)

Having said that, i've been trying to find other rifles with similar characteristics. I liked the FAL that you posted, Hooplah, but at $1,500'ish, that's well beyond my means.

Although not a semi-automatic, i'd like to eventually get a Mosin Nagant. Not sure how affordable or easy to find the ammo is, however. I really don't know a thing about rimfire cartridges.

Bottom line- i'd like to find and eventually buy a semi automatic rifle with a traditional look and feel. I want something that feels and looks vintage so guns like the AR-15 do not interest me. It'd need to be in the $500 or less range and use ammo that's readily available.

Thoughts?
Yeah, but then your face was there and I shot it. -Parasyte
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to touch your butt. - Pablo the Flying Macho Penis
RideTheWalrus
Butts.

Post by RideTheWalrus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Mosin's are fairly cheap. On average around $120 atm. Ammo is fairly cheap as well. You can buy a spam can for around $80-100 bucks, which has 440 rounds. Mind you it's surplus ammo.
Hooplah
PeaChooter

Post by Hooplah » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:26 pm

bloodcrow wrote:Interesting to see this thread. Once i'm employed again, i want to get a rifle. I've had my eye on the SKS (preferably Russian) for a while because of the following:

history
affordability
reliability
availability of ammo
accuracy (for my needs)

Having said that, i've been trying to find other rifles with similar characteristics. I liked the FAL that you posted, Hooplah, but at $1,500'ish, that's well beyond my means.

Although not a semi-automatic, i'd like to eventually get a Mosin Nagant. Not sure how affordable or easy to find the ammo is, however. I really don't know a thing about rimfire cartridges.

Bottom line- i'd like to find and eventually buy a semi automatic rifle with a traditional look and feel. I want something that feels and looks vintage so guns like the AR-15 do not interest me. It'd need to be in the $500 or less range and use ammo that's readily available.

Thoughts?
I can't really attest to the reliability of the SKS as I've never shot one, but I've heard great things about them and they're really popular.

I can, however, vouch for the Mosin Nagant. The one I own was manufactured in 1937 and still shoots like a dream. I picked mine up for around $120 before the prices on everything skyrocketed. Ammunition is readily available; you can still pick it up for $75ish per tin of 440 rounds. Not sure if you were implying that the Mosin Nagant shoots a rimfire cartridge, but it doesn't. It shoots the 7.62x54R, which I've found to be more reliable than modern steel case ammo from Tula. Keep in mind that it's corrosive, so you'll need to clean the gun after shooting.

I'm pretty excited for the FAL. It's been an expensive venture thus far, but I'm proud of what I've done and completely intend to finish it. Several hundred dollars worth of parts:
VIEW CONTENT:
I'm not sure how vintage you're going for, but the AK-47 is a nice semi-automatic rifle you can pick up for around $500 once prices drop again. I think I remember seeing them right around $450 last year. Other than that, you can pick up an M1 Carbine clone made by Auto Ordnance for somewhere near your price range. Not sure on the exact price. Auto Ordnance also makes a Thompson clone with a 16" barrel that looks kind of off balance.
bloodcrow

Post by bloodcrow » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Hooplah wrote:Not sure if you were implying that the Mosin Nagant shoots a rimfire cartridge, but it doesn't. It shoots the 7.62x54R, which I've found to be more reliable than modern steel case ammo from Tula.
I thought the R designation was specifically for rimfire cartridges. Let me see if i can find that link again...

Okay. Here it is. It's "rimmed" not "rimfire". Correction made.

Also, the ammo is 7.62x54R, not 39R like i thought. Here's the wikipedia article on this bullet.

To summarize:

7.62x54R is for the Mosin Nagant.
7.62x39 is for the AK/ SKS

Yeah, i'll eventually get a Mosin Nagant for fucks sake, if for no other reason. And when i have income again, i'll get a Russian made SKS. I've heard mixed things on the Chinese models. I'm not a hunter, btw. I just like the zen of shooting targets. Before i get either of those rifles, i'm probably going to get a .22 that shoots long rounds. My .22 Springfield is in Texas and is seriously rusted and needs work anyway. I can probably pick up a decent .22 and just go apeshit shooting dirty rounds at all the deserving bottles and cans i can find.

I haven't shot in more than 20 years but lately i've been interested again. Must be because i've been playing Sniper more than usual on TF4.
Hooplah
PeaChooter

Post by Hooplah » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Have you given any thought to which .22 you might get? I've got a little Henry lever action .22 that I love dearly and I've been doing some work on a semi-auto .22 rifle from the 60s.

I always hear good things about the Ruger 10/22, but my only experience with it was a lot of jams. It was pretty dirty though, and we were using lead nose rounds, so that mix of circumstances probably had a lot to do with it.
bloodcrow

Post by bloodcrow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:23 am

For a .22 rifle, i will get one with a magazine or cylinder load (right term?). That's what my .22 in Texas has.

And although it looks like a total novelty, i have to admit that part of me wants this .22 because it looks like it was made for the Halo universe. Sadly, from the vids that i watched, it was not reliable. Hopefully the kinks have been worked out by now.
RideTheWalrus
Butts.

Post by RideTheWalrus » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:50 am

That .22 is pretty cool, hooplah showed it to me a while back. It'd be good to throw in the backpack while camping or something.
Lad Stankfoot
Martyn J. Bootyspoon
Martyn J. Bootyspoon

Post by Lad Stankfoot » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:40 am

Isn't the bolt charger of that like right at the front of the gun? I would prefer not to stick my fingers near the business end of a loaded firearm, much less try and clear a jam like that.
fan0721pke wrote:Make sure all open sores on penis have thoroughly dried and wholesale touch screen laptops scabbed over before use.When taking four cocks in the ass, make sure to have an equal amount of cock in your mouth to reduce the risk of CHI imbalance.
Hooplah
PeaChooter

Post by Hooplah » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:07 am

Lad Stankfoot wrote:Isn't the bolt charger of that like right at the front of the gun? I would prefer not to stick my fingers near the business end of a loaded firearm, much less try and clear a jam like that.
Yeah, that's one of my main gripes with it. That and, of course, the jamming bloodcrow mentioned.

I like the idea of an underslung .22 on an AR, but I think it's kind of silly to have to SBR it. It makes sense I guess, but I can't see going through the NFA item process for something as gimmicky as that.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:30 am

Oh god

That zip thing looks like it has downs
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^