Can I contact Steam Support for serious cyberbullying

stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Can I contact Steam Support for serious cyberbullying

Post by EvilWalrus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:08 pm

I reported the guy and blocked him, but for some reason, I doubt Steam will look into it unless I send them an email.
Sooo can I contact Steam Supports email? Or is that only for hardware exclusive problems? If not, who do I contact?
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Re: Can I contact Steam Support for serious cyberbullying

Post by Neelpos » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:08 pm

kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:16 am

have you tried getting over it?
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Post by EvilWalrus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:18 am

Well, I used to play with this guy a lot, and then one day he blocked me. Then one day he messaged me saying that I was a awesome and I was awkward. Literally out of nowhere. I got my friend to add him and talk to him, and he said I had autism and I had no friends and that I should kill myself because I'm socially awkward and nobody loves me. He also claimed he never liked me (which is bullshit).
Anyways, like I said, I doubt Steam will take care of him through one report. I took screenshots that I was planning on emailing to Steam, cause this guy is being an absolute bigot and he's like thirteen.
In fact, if any of you guys can report him at the link below for harassment, I would HIGHLY appreciate it. <3
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198174636805
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Post by EvilWalrus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:19 am

MrBlip wrote:have you tried getting over it?
I was close to this guy for 2 years. Like really freakin' close. I can't get over it. Believe me, I've tried
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:22 am

EvilWalrus wrote:In fact, if any of you guys can report him at the link below for harassment, I would HIGHLY appreciate it. <3
not your personal army and targetting someone with reports is probably against tos.

just report him and move on. you'll get over it. if it gets to the point where he starts making new accounts and evading your blocks then steam support might be more willing to do something, though even then its doubtful.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:11 am

How about just making your profile/friendslist/status/etc private and don't accept friend requests from people you don't consider friends and remove ones that are causing trouble and leave it at that.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:35 pm

I've cleaned up some posts that don't belong outside the immature forum. This is a serious discussion, not the immature forum.

My advice would be to accept that he's a lost friend, and not be too worried about it. People change, sometimes for the worse. You'll feel better when you find new friends :)
Ikri

Post by Ikri » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Sorry this guy went whacko on you. :(

As for mbaxter's new friend feel-better technique: If you pop into #joe.to IRC there are lovely people who say nice things. <3
Really. There's this Radivel guy there that isn't even a j2er or gamer, who just popped in one day and stayed because of all the friendly and interesting people.
EvilWalrus
Coo Coo Ca-Choo

Post by EvilWalrus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:41 pm

mbaxter wrote:I've cleaned up some posts that don't belong outside the immature forum. This is a serious discussion, not the immature forum.

My advice would be to accept that he's a lost friend, and not be too worried about it. People change, sometimes for the worse. You'll feel better when you find new friends :)
Ikri wrote:Sorry this guy went whacko on you. :(

As for mbaxter's new friend feel-better technique: If you pop into #joe.to IRC there are lovely people who say nice things. <3
Really. There's this Radivel guy there that isn't even a j2er or gamer, who just popped in one day and stayed because of all the friendly and interesting people.
Actually, that's a good idea. Even though I've been part of joe.to for around 4 years, I haven't had the chance to like actually talk to you guys outside of forum posts and Minecraft. I'll try it out!
I_AM_SQUIRREL
Pelipper The Scarf God

Post by I_AM_SQUIRREL » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Just unfriended the guy and ignore what people say about you that is not true. I was bullied when I was in high school. The best thing is to ignore them because most bullies just want you to give them attention from you since they know that they will get a reaction from you.
RideTheWalrus
Butts.
<font color=#FF80BF><b><i>Butts.</i></b></font>

Post by RideTheWalrus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:49 am

I'm down to play with ya. Walri gotta stick together yo.
KatanaRama
Mind rike rock, body rike meatroaf.

Post by KatanaRama » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:05 am

I believe the plural is Walrisuses
Bor-ed, bor-ed bored/ bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored./ I am really bored.
I_AM_SQUIRREL
Pelipper The Scarf God

Post by I_AM_SQUIRREL » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:45 pm

just take our suggestions. Most of us know the feeling of being bullied at some point in our lives. There are more suggestions out there than what we are giving you. Just look it up and see if there are any other suggestions you like and try them out.
There are people on J2 that will be there help out with online situations even of they are not admins on any of the J2 servers. Just ask for help at any time from the J2ers. We will always be there for the community.
Ikri

Post by Ikri » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:19 pm

Sir Walrus of the evil variety, we miss you in IRC. <3

Squirrel, you had another username at some point, I think. What was it?

Also, ANY ASSHOLE WHO BULLIES YOU, send me their mother's phone number.