Mumble unban request

stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Hallowed

Mumble unban request

Post by Hallowed » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Near midnight 4/28/17 I was playing in a 4 stack with Doc Fisch, Yatta, and Omega in Overwatch. During the game it was getting heated and in my attempt to carry, Fisch started complaining about how it was the 76 on the enemy team that was causing us to lose and if anyone would actually do their job then it would be fine.

Hearing this I told Fisch "You have no idea what you're talking about and if you are getting countered then fucking swap and don't say its your team, you aren't a good Pharah anyway." Too which he said, "That's it I've had even enough of this I'm fucking banning him."

Mid-game he banned me, and then removed me off his friendlist on Steam and Battlenet. But the reason was for user harassment and bigotry.

Sure you could consider this some sort of harassment, but this isn't the first instance I've been randomly banned over nothing at Fisch's whim. No, he has banned me many times for "STOP TALKING" or "ENOUGH".

Almost every time he has simply kicked me or banned me for 30 minutes to and hour, but never permanently. I also even apologized to Fisch about this, obviously I shouldn't get so mad at a game; I actually said I was trying to carry.

So I am here asking for an unban in Mumble. I will work on staying calm more often, but I think a permanent ban is a little ridiculous.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Re: Mumble unban request

Post by Neelpos » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:50 pm

Here's what I witnessed:

The four of you were playing the game and in your attempt to carry you were being overly critical, it seemed neither you nor Fisch were paying the other adequate enough attention and in fact you both began criticizing the other for misinterpretations of the callouts the other was making. You were making comments along the lines of "I don't know why people do this" in terms of the gold level tactics on display, of which you felt intolerant of rather than offering advice. There's a line between trying to help and aggravating your teammates by calling out their mistakes repeatedly because you're disappointed they're not as good as you are.

Eventually you raised your voice to a degree, and Fisch felt aggravated enough to start yelling. I was in no mood to be around this sort of behavior so I muted and deafened myself, according to timestamps he banned you exactly ten seconds later.

After returning to the conversation it was explained that the reason for the banning was not the incident itself, but for your history, of which you are undoubtedly one of the more volatile and adversarial personalities within the community. You have harrassed plasters in the past, though Otterfiend comments you've been working on this, of which I appreciate, as I see it as the crux of the issue here. The bigotry remark is unfortunately more complex, as you have not made comments recently but you've openly toed the line before. It's been pointed out you alter your personality based on who is in the channel with you, something I agree with as the time we played duo queue competitive you casually dropped the n-word more than once, I suppose since you thought I'd be okay with it. This was not within J2 though, so doesn't weigh against your actions within the community, but is something I do recall when these bigotry claims are raised.

Despite all this however, I do not believe that what you were doing last night was user harassment, I do not agree with the action Fisch took and see it as admin overreach. I do believe however that you are keen to bend the rules when you see fit.

If the call came down to me I would say you shoul be unbanned, and openly reminded that you're dying to a thousand cuts, so I hope Otterfiends pledge that you're working on it will continue. I also believe Fisch's access to admin powers may need to be reviewed, and at the very least he needs to be placed on notice as well, as, even though I'm one who will do silly stuff with admin commands too (kicked for reason: fuck) what happened last night was not okay.

Lastly, don't forget we're all here to have fun, let's try not to get so emotional.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
otterfiend

Post by otterfiend » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:30 pm

I support unbanning and would like to remind everyone that fisch has been revoked access/given it back time after time.
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:53 pm

mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!

Post by mbaxter » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:41 pm

mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!

Post by mbaxter » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:50 pm

I'm too tired to actually figure things out tonight. Thus, I played the People's Court theme while deciding that for now Hallowed can live in Hallowed's Banished Lands.
prolix

Post by prolix » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:03 am

Star Chamber or Kangaroo Court

Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:43 am

Bro, you totally had it coming with your rudeness and for being such a fucking tryhard at overwatch.
I don't know why you coming here with that request, full of shit wallynuts. The ban must be at least a week long.
Your punishment must be more severe.

Veredict: Guilty of being Hallowed
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Hallowed

Post by Hallowed » Mon May 01, 2017 12:31 am

Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon May 01, 2017 1:16 am

My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Mon May 01, 2017 4:53 am

wow, so he is a furry too let's ask our sharia law experts, that we hired at j2:

1.Image

Sentence: 100 strikes with a flip-flop sandal
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:Image
what is this a screenshot of
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Thu May 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Ian7 wrote:
Sanvich Hoovy wrote:Image
what is this a screenshot of
Discord
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:13 am

man fuck discord
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2