Re: Mechanical Keyboards

Post by ja raul » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:03 am

I have this one
http://www.amazon.com/Filco-Majestouch- ... 329&sr=1-1

cant go back to non-mechanical..
TheKing

Post by TheKing » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:24 pm

I just picked up a CMStorm Quickfire Pro with CherryMX brown switches. As a first mechanical keyboard I really enjoy it. I needed a number pad, and I'm a fan of low-frills.
Avvatar wrote:Oh neat. Make sure you ride bl4nk's nuts till it's all better. He enjoys it.
TheKing.j2: windows explorer?
joe: final boss is hard
TempSoul

Post by TempSoul » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Question!

I'm about to pick up a mechanical keyboard probably one of the CM model considering their pricing. But I'm wondering I haven't used a red, blue, or brown, just classic blacks. I'm debating on whether or not a I should pick blue's because I like the tactile response with a stronger stroke or go for a brown to get something a bit quieter

Also could I get some feedback on how people, with blue switches, feel when gaming. Going to be doing mobas/shooters/rts so I'm wondering how people reactions to those are. From what I hear it's either not a problem or a serious one, I'm assuming it just getting use to pressing the keys and knowing when they need to be bottom down and releases than move onto next keypress.
TheKing

Post by TheKing » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:33 pm

My limited experience and knowledge is this:
The brown's are only quiet if you don't push them all the way down. I can say this is a fact.

If you want to play FPS the keyboards with the strongest springs (the one's that are harder to press) should push the key back up the fastest, allowing for the most repetitions, and minimizing time spent between when you let go and when the key stops being activated. (it's fractions of a second so you may not notice).

Both Brown and Blue have the tactile feedback at the activation point, so can feel the switch activating even though it isn't bottomed out.

GL HF
Avvatar wrote:Oh neat. Make sure you ride bl4nk's nuts till it's all better. He enjoys it.
TheKing.j2: windows explorer?
joe: final boss is hard
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:13 am

Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.