Razer

tech news, software/hardware support
rushieslushie

Razer

Post by rushieslushie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:06 pm

I've had a Madcatz RAT3 mouse for about a year now, but I need a new one. It's starting to show it's tear but I wonder what I should get next. I'm thinking of either upgrading to the RAT 7 or the Ouroboros from Razer. Is Razer a good gaming mouse manufacturer? Or should I stick with the RAT?
Wolsk
Im hungry, i need a fur burger
<font color=blue>Im hungry, i need a fur burger</font>

Re: Razer

Post by Wolsk » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:28 pm

I gotsa R.A.T. 7, along with a few dudes here, but it occasionally has tracking issues for me.
If you already like the R.A.T. 3, I'd say you should just go for the upgrade.

The Ouroboros looks pretty cool but is a bit too pricey, personally.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Only good thing out of Razer is the Deathadder, you'd be wise to avoid their other products, especially the ouroboros.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
rushieslushie

Post by rushieslushie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Neelpos wrote:Only good thing out of Razer is the Deathadder, you'd be wise to avoid their other products, especially the ouroboros.
Why is that?
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Build quality and design choices. Most of their stuff is flashy because "we are razer we are the eeedddgggeee" or promotional crap. Deathadder's great though, solid quality and design, good if you've got decently sized hands. Only issue is the braided cord which some people don't like, personally I think it's neat.

Zowie's also got some solid mice that'll stick with you for a while.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
DiabeticDugong

Post by DiabeticDugong » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:12 pm

I own a logitech G500 and its been working from the very start with no problems it comes with 3 buttons on the side opposed to 2 with other "gaming" mice and its a nice size that will fit like a glove for most people with big hands. I personally love it and will probably buy another if this one breaks.
rushieslushie

Post by rushieslushie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:04 am

Yep it finally bit the dust. I'm stuck with the mousepad on the laptop for now until Friday.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:37 pm

avoid Razer the software is pure crap with all kinds of issues, they require a login to make an account on there site to program the extra mouse features. There is an offline mode now after all the issues it has had but you still have to be online to make an account and sign in. R.A.T. is pretty good but they can have issues, mine is fine as long as I keep it clean, but other people have issues. G500 and similar wired mice from logitech use Aluminum wire which fails all too soon for a premium product, Copper is far preferred less brittle wire material but costs a lot more.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
jermm

Post by jermm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:54 pm

I mostly like my SteelSeries mice but their drivers breaking win 8.1 is sad. (though at least 25% of the blame has to be on MS)

If my mouse was dead I'd 1-day ship a http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Sense ... B008OQTQSO
Ninge

Post by Ninge » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:05 pm

scobywhru wrote:avoid Razer the software is pure crap with all kinds of issues, they require a login to make an account on there site to program the extra mouse features. There is an offline mode now after all the issues it has had but you still have to be online to make an account and sign in. R.A.T. is pretty good but they can have issues, mine is fine as long as I keep it clean, but other people have issues. G500 and similar wired mice from logitech use Aluminum wire which fails all too soon for a premium product, Copper is far preferred less brittle wire material but costs a lot more.
This!

I use a G500, had it for years, and I have no issues with it yet. My friend has a R.A.T. but I don't remember which one, 3 or 7, and he loves it. I would never buy a Razr product ever.
Rat-morningstar wrote:i mean, it was silly, now looks like it's got the down syndrome
HomicidalApe wrote:Can't wait for Orangutans to learn to use guns.
Little Weapon

Post by Little Weapon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:10 am

I actually like Razer products

I have the Razer deathadder 3.5 and it's amazing

heard the 2013 model is even better

best mouse i ever used
CaptainTripps wrote:Chicken, how does it work?
rushieslushie

Post by rushieslushie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:54 am

I'm going to buy an Ouroboros and tell you guys if it's bad or good. I'll keep the receipt and everything. If in the month it's shit, I'll warn you.
Neelpos

Post by Neelpos » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:12 am

$140 is entirely too much to spend on a mouse, especially a Razer.
rushieslushie

Post by rushieslushie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:55 am

I like to spoil myself, and this check will suffice. Besides I already put down my rent for the month last month so I'm good in funds. That is if Best Buy sells them. I'm not keen buying stuff online
Little Weapon

Post by Little Weapon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:49 am

Check to see if you can get a used one. People get rid of small accessories and sell them all the time. I got my mouse for about 60 on craigslist. Always talk them down.
CaptainTripps wrote:Chicken, how does it work?