Headset/Wireless Headset

tech news, software/hardware support
TempSoul

Headset/Wireless Headset

Post by TempSoul » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Hey guys,

Looking for a new headset to use for gaming/music lounging. I'm skipping the bs with gaming headsets cause we all know they are a rip. Going to bypass gaming headsets and just get a http://bit.ly/VsM8x1 antlion boom mic to pick up the slack. I'm hoping to get a new headset that is around 80 dollars or less, willing to get up in price it if's worth it.

So I'm hoping to get some recommendation in good headsets with a balance ranged of sounds. Maybe if anyone knows a good wireless headset I would like a recommendation in that cause I would love that freedom of usage.
rushieslushie

Re: Headset/Wireless Headset

Post by rushieslushie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:41 am

I'mma be a fan boy here and tell you what I use
Skullcandy Slyr's
Wonderful over ear headset, with usb jack that can act as your main Speaker and Mic form. It has a fold in mic on the left ear and has good range, plus an equalizer for your suited taste
http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/slyr-black-yellow

The installation and how to work it is a tad confusing [It's all USB no headphone jack needed, and has so many wires since it's also PS3 and XBOX capable.] But once you situate it it's a good set for your price range.
TempSoul

Post by TempSoul » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:53 am

really liked Skullcandy after they absorbed Astro, really cool fusion coming out
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Monoprice has some of the best cheap headphones in terms of audio quality, otherwise Audio Technica or similar studio monitor headphones will give the best overall sound reproduction. This means it won't be bass heavy and tend to reproduce sound as it was meant, this can make certain music sound flat and uninteresting like Rap and Hip Hop. Games also rely on bass for feel, even though it often drowns out other noises making it harder to use audio as a way to make sure someone isn't sneaking up on you.

These are the ones I use for gaming/PC work, I use a lavalier mic for voice.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.