Recent changes to my Steam account

tech news, software/hardware support
King_Fluffy
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire

Recent changes to my Steam account

Post by King_Fluffy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:05 am

...That I did not authorize :(

Got an email from Steam Support saying "This email message confirms that your Steam account contact email address has been successfully changed.", I hadn't submitted that request and now my password doesn't work either :(, do they not first send a confirmation email with a link to confirm? What's my best course of action here? I immediately contacted Steam support explaining my situation, is all I can do sit and wait?

Upon further examination my TF2 backpack is now definitely altered. I used to have 1 crate, multiple stranges and taunts. Now this, whole page of crates, one taunt left, one strange left. Are these recoverable after this? :'(

Just a warning if "I" try to contact you via Steam.
Last edited by King_Fluffy on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
Hooplah
PeaChooter
<b><font color=#40FF00>Pea</font><font color=#408000>Chooter</font></b>

Re: Recent changes to my Steam account

Post by Hooplah » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:34 am

Looks like all of the crates came from SwAggeR [V.I.P] and the sample of stranges I saw from your backpack went to him as well. Someone is using that account as a buffer between yours and his, though, as the stranges are no longer in his backpack. Chances are he and his operator will be banned in a few days and you'll likely have your items back, at least if the stories I've heard about steam support are true. The strange kill counters will probably be reset, though :/

Cached copy of your backpack from March with current item histories (mouse over item and click History): http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197984 ... 1395903600

History of your strange sniper rifle showing it last seen on Saturday in SwAggeR [V.I.P]'s possession: http://backpack.tf/item/489428094

The history likely won't update for a little while, but once it does you can see for yourself where your items ended up.

Hopefully this helped to at least ease your mind a bit.

Edit: I've got a feeling this is where your items ended up. His backpack being private would explain why the history shows the items going to SwAggeR but not being in his bp. He's also banned from backpack.tf2 and tf2outpost for being suspected of hijacking accounts. Time will tell I guess.
The Coolest Kid on the Planet wrote:[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> westsidee
[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> thug liefff
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla¡ is hacking aimbot
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla! noob aimbot is hacking noob
ggg

Post by ggg » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:41 am

Do you have steam guard enabled? Every change I do must first be authorized by email, including logging in from a different computer, whether by webpage or client.

Of course it's possible he has access to your email as well, and he DID authorize it, and then deleted the email before you had a chance to see it while he was changing your password.

valves policies may have changed from the past, but everything I've ever heard has always been 'your account is your responsiblity.' i wont be surprised if any items lost and vac bans gained aren't reversed. sorry bud.
Mastermind1011

Post by Mastermind1011 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:10 pm

I don't have any experience with losing items or anything, but waaay back (pre-steam guard) my account was hijacked by some random Estonian asshole. Steam support had the problem fixed in a day or two. I wouldn't worry about losing access to your games, at least.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:27 am

email steamsupport and enable steamguard. EVERYONE ENABLE STEAMGUARD. even if you're poor as fuck, enable steamguard.
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
Hooplah
PeaChooter
<b><font color=#40FF00>Pea</font><font color=#408000>Chooter</font></b>

Post by Hooplah » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:55 am

pretty sure you need steamguard enabled to trade now anyways
The Coolest Kid on the Planet wrote:[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> westsidee
[14:56] <+PennoyIsHigh> thug liefff
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla¡ is hacking aimbot
TheSonic.Exe MuertePorSuPaso : hoopla! noob aimbot is hacking noob
King_Fluffy
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire

Post by King_Fluffy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:40 am

Thanks peeps.
Got an email this morning from Steam. Account has been returned, email and password reset and my items were returned to me.
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
mbaxter
Now With Added Calcium!
<b>Now With <font color=#00689c>Added Calcium!</font></b>

Post by mbaxter » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:04 pm

King_Fluffy wrote:Thanks peeps.
Got an email this morning from Steam. Account has been returned, email and password reset and my items were returned to me.
YAY :awesome:
I_AM_SQUIRREL
Pelipper The Scarf God

Post by I_AM_SQUIRREL » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Steamguard is awesome I had it on my account since they first released it, but it can get annoying sometimes.