HEADPHONES 2014 THREAD LETS DO THIS ALL AGAIN

tech news, software/hardware support
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

HEADPHONES 2014 THREAD LETS DO THIS ALL AGAIN

Post by narwal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:15 pm

A family member of mine bought me a Blue Snowball mic, and I'm lookin' to replace my wireless logitech headset (served me well but the mic and sound are pretty sub par)

So the 70 dollhairs i planned on spending on both mic and headset are now just for the headphones, and im lookin for a pair with good/great sound quality

doesnt need to have a mic, just a long cord that i can use at my computer for vidya games and music and movies and such

thanks in advance ya tech nerds
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: HEADPHONES 2014 THREAD LETS DO THIS ALL AGAIN

Post by Django » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:52 pm

You should get one of these.

[img2]http://en-us.sennheiser.com/images/1504 ... heiser.png[/img2]
Click me!

Sennheiser makes really good quality products,but they are on the pricey side.
However these are 75 bucks (60 on amazon prime) , so really cheap . It also has that style similar to the higher-end HD line which is also good.
i had a HD 598 for 3 years, still sounds as good and that thing has DROPPED countless times
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:29 am

I keep buying the Sennheiser HD280s myself: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000065BPB
I'm on my third pair in 10 years? First pair lasted for like 6 years until the band snapped. I didn't know it at the time, but the band is actually a replaceable part. Till then I'd only replaced the ear cushions twice. Unfortunately I went and replaced the whole unit, threw the old ones out. Second time I abused the shit out of the cable and it start crackling after like 3 years. Rather than replace the cable (so lazy) I bought a new pair and threw the old in the closet so now I've got a shit-ton of spare parts. I also bought a little pigtail to go on the end of the cable to take the abuse instead of the actual cable.

I love the sound quality, and they stay comfortable for hours as long as it's not a stupid hot day. And parts, it turns out you could order an entire pair as parts and assemble it yourself. Literally everything is replaceable.
Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:02 am

YES SENNHEISERS
I have a pair of HD 202s and theyre really good for their price. I also just bought my friend a pair for xmas.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
Da_man
Party Hard!

Post by Da_man » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:29 am

I'mma jump on the Sennheiser bandwagon, and say my HD 280's are some of the best headphone's I've owned, and got them on the cheap on newegg.
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:39 am

Sony MDR-7506
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Da_man
Party Hard!

Post by Da_man » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Burn the heretic
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Struan
Genuine Aerospace Engineer

Post by Struan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Your lucky number is 559130229394580. Watch for it everywhere.
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:36 pm

Da_man wrote:Burn the heretic
Bro, the Sony's are a classic. They've been making them since 1991. They're also the de facto headphones for audio production.

The important thing to remember though is that they are very high impedance. It doesn't take much volume to drive them. And you can also hear everything about what you are listening to. Whether you want that is up to you.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Just don't buy BEATS.
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
jermm

Post by jermm » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:02 pm

I like my fucking iphone case maker headphones (Incase Sonic), my Grado SR60i's (there is a new model, SR60e, which probably doesn't change much), and the ~$15 Panasonic in-ears w/mic which are currently "missing", and I might just buy another pair.

The Sonic's are super comfy and sound good powered off anything (including the PS4 controller), the grado's are completely open and sound great, and the cheap in-ears are good enough to keep me from buying some "nice" in-ears until I do that ear-mold thing.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:53 pm

Grado have always been about quality they also don't advertise and are made by the Grado family in Brooklyn so made in the USA. I have personally always liked Klipsch with the warmer tones that works well with brass instruments. Shure are usually fairly bright in my experience which can be good for certain listening bass light music, standard guitars usually most vocals. I generally avoid sony these days because every single sony headphone I have used was too small and broke far to easy for the price I paid.

Just because something is used for studio work doesn't mean it is the best, there is a certain studio monitor speakers which are used to show the worst possible sound when mixing music to adjust for lowest common denominator, Yamaha NS-10. You can't use the full range of sound if the shit box it comes out of doesn't support it and when making music you should plan for it. I had hoped that audio would have progressed the last 10 yrs but with the use of Phones as speakers for music it's still true you need to engineer for shitty sound quality to make a hit.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Archer

Post by Archer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:56 am

If anyone could recommend headphones as comfortable or more comfortable than the Plantronics 770, I'd be very interested. anonj2 told me about them a long time ago and they were the most comfortable headphones I've ever used.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:44 pm

I'll stick by my Creative Fatality in terms of headsets, as for pure headphones sennheiser is pretty impossible to go wrong with
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."