Eviltechie builds a pc

tech news, software/hardware support
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Re: Eviltechie builds a pc

Post by Eviltechie » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:50 pm

I finally bought a hard drive to compliment my SSD. I now remember how loud and annoying these things are. Even worse my case seems to echo the sounds it makes. Tempted to just replace it with another SSD.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

prolix

Post by prolix » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:06 pm

120GB SSD's are around 35$ right now, just raid up- bought 2 from shitty best buy other week
Roughjericho

Post by Roughjericho » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:15 am

Eviltechie wrote:I finally bought a hard drive to compliment my SSD. I now remember how loud and annoying these things are. Even worse my case seems to echo the sounds it makes. Tempted to just replace it with another SSD.
What the hell kind of hard drive did you get? My current drive (a 1TB Seagate) is whisper-fucking-quiet; I can't see anything of the sort made within the last 2-3 years to be that loud unless it's complete shit.
prolix wrote:120GB SSD's are around 35$ right now, just raid up- bought 2 from shitty best buy other week
I wouldn't recommend this; it would take a lot of drives to get to even 1TB in RAID 0 (which in itself is NOT GODDAMN RECOMMENDED) and that would only get worse with other RAID levels.

Just do your homework and get a better hard drive. Here's the one I have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822148840
Eviltechie
Happiness Committee
<b>Happiness Committee</b>

Post by Eviltechie » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:23 am

It was just a 2TB WD Black.
20:37 <@mbaxter> !crepe
20:37 <@creeper> mbaxter eats a delicious crepe. Suddenly, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *KABLOOEY*
20:37 -!- mbaxter was kicked from #minecraft by creeper [Creeper Crepe]
Snugglebear wrote:Not everyone has a conscience.
Avvatar wrote:Welcome to joe.to. Where the men are men, the women are ogled, the children are mocked and we're all assholes. Donate up top.
01:35 <@TheNewt> the game ends when everyone quits

Ian7
【=◈︿◈=】

Post by Ian7 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:35 am

OR you can look into those hybrid SSHD's
mbaxter wrote:Loaf was banned by rottencheeseCA for one minute, for reason "fuck"
Canonuluvx wrote:This article is very well written Geese and ducks can be used very much.
Follow me on the twit:@ian7j2
prolix

Post by prolix » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:52 pm

Roughjericho wrote:
prolix wrote:120GB SSD's are around 35$ right now, just raid up- bought 2 from shitty best buy other week
I wouldn't recommend this; it would take a lot of drives to get to even 1TB in RAID 0 (which in itself is NOT GODDAMN RECOMMENDED) and that would only get worse with other RAID levels.

Just do your homework and get a better hard drive. Here's the one I have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822148840
If you're just storeing games on it who cares, I keep all my movies/othershit on 2 3tb externals