Bad Company 2

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Trizik

Re: Bad Company 2

Post by Trizik » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:20 pm

NTbacteria wrote:I asked the same question, and someone said there's no way they could fix everything by ship date, coz of stupid deadlines set by I don't know who. Probably Marketing, since they don't care where in the dev cycle you are.
investors want their returns

delaying the release of BC2 risks competing with BF3 sales

i'm sure we'd have a much more polished product if they had spent less money on marketing
AMMO

Post by AMMO » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:52 pm

I keep getting kicked after about 2 minutes of joining a game, without any error popups or anything. :(
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:07 pm

joe wrote: adding to favorites doesn't work - it just hangs until you cancel
server browser sucks ass - takes 2 minutes for each refresh
server browser filter doesn't work at all
several crashes to desktop from server browser just in the first couple hours
All of these have to do with EA's servers being hammered beyond what they expected. Yeah it sucks, but at the end of the day I still played the shit out of this game without error. They'll fix all these within the next couple of days except for the long query time

The server browser isn't great but I don't mind it too much. Filters, favorites, and history worked fine for me for ~most~ of the launch day. If you cancel updating servers before it finishes it'll give you a list of servers, but it won't be all of them, so if you're too impatient to let it finished you could probably find a server that way

Fun bug: with no server selected, press the big "join" button at the bottom right. Not sure how they didn't catch that
lots of graphic problems - missing textures, jittery movement, etc. - not hardware/driver related, just bad map design or engine problems.
closing the program doesn't clear the screen, you have to alt-tab to find your program and wipe the screen with it
I've never had either of these problems

Oh also if you are running an nvidia GPU, update your drivers. There's new drivers that have fixes and optimizations for BC2
AMMO

Post by AMMO » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:19 pm

Well this sucks.

I updated Punkbuster and now I can't play at all. It doesn't detect any games in the server browser or when I use the Play Now option, under multiplayer.
Tasslehoff [eLa]

Post by Tasslehoff [eLa] » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 am

i waited on buying the game because i thought their servers would just be hammered.. anyone getting errors on hit boxes being all messed up? i'm gonna pick it up next week for $20 from a buddy who works at EA.. hmm
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:12 am

Tasslehoff [eLa] wrote:anyone getting errors on hit boxes being all messed up?
None at all. Once you get into a game, it's more or less bug free
Tasslehoff [eLa]

Post by Tasslehoff [eLa] » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:29 am

my friend must just suck hard, he keeps bitching about not being able to kill anything x)
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:36 am

Yep that's it. The weapons aren't hitscan, so if you aren't used to battlefield games you'll probably get frustrated at first
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:29 am

ok having played it for a lot of hours, i like it a lot more. the more i play it, the more i like it. at first it just seems totally chaotic but after you learn the maps a little and you learn the weapons a little and you get a squad of people on ventrilo, it's a blast
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:54 am

Sizzler wrote:Yep that's it. The weapons aren't hitscan, so if you aren't used to battlefield games you'll probably get frustrated at first
I've played all the battlefield games, and this one is the worst with hit detection.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
Chief Cheese

Post by Chief Cheese » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:45 pm

I'm going to be getting it over spring break. . . so hopefully you guys will still be playing in April.
i <3 cheese. cheese <3 evry1. u= an every1. thus, by transitive property i <3 u
Chief Cheese the amazing wrote:
Neelpos wrote:I eat pig fetuses. Like the kind they dissect in biology classes. Formaldehyde and all. After I have sex with them of course. Also, I loved George Bush and donate all my money to Family Radio.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Magnus wrote:
Sizzler wrote:Yep that's it. The weapons aren't hitscan, so if you aren't used to battlefield games you'll probably get frustrated at first
I've played all the battlefield games, and this one is the worst with hit detection.
I've played all battlefield games (except vietnam), and this one has the best hit detection

It's been improved since the beta too I think. Bullet velocity feels faster and headshots are much easier
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Sizzler wrote:
Magnus wrote:
I've played all battlefield games (except vietnam), and this one has the best hit detection

It's been improved since the beta too I think. Bullet velocity feels faster and headshots are much easier

Seriously? It feels so loose, everyone I've seen runs and fires from the hip. Not to mention that I can kill someone then half a second later he'll kill me because it hasn't detected the bullet hits yet. The shooting feels so clumsy as well, I can't tell if where I'm aiming is really where I'm aiming.

Arma II feels more solid than this, and that's saying something.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Nobody fires from the hip, although some guns fire from the hip better than others
The shooting feels so clumsy as well, I can't tell if where I'm aiming is really where I'm aiming.
I can't believe anyone can come from BF2 and complain about this - that game terrible when it came to telling if you're shooting people or not. Don't expect MW2, this is still a battlefield game
Cc_Hairy

Post by Cc_Hairy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 pm

just played for an hour and my situational awareness went from 0.00 to 0.01
bin laden wrote:I still think bush is the one that did all the shit
http://activistnews.blogspot.com/