Bad Company 2

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Magnus

Bad Company 2

Post by Magnus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:38 am

Now, I know what the veterans around here are gonna say, but goddamnit if the production value for this game looks sweet.

AND

Its for PC as well, I don't know what the MP is like, but it looks hella fun. Its interesting to note that this game sounds dead sexy, I think a lot of games have neglected the sound of a game and what it adds to the experience. The part where they enter the building sounded pretty cool.

"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
joe
The Big Cheese

Re: Bad Company 2

Post by joe » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:22 am

bad company is what, basically co-op BF2 with a linear storyline? could be fun, too bad BC1 was only for consoles :(
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:52 am

It has a single player, but it's primarily a multiplayer game. It's pretty much a console version of battlefield

regenerating health, instant respawns, run and gun gameplay and all that sort of thing. Probably more serious than Battlefield: Heroes but far less serious than BF2

There's a beta coming this December on PC, looking forward to trying it out if I can get a key
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:13 am

It looks like BF2 with much better graphics and whatnot. Which is awesome.

Listen to the sound in these videos it's incredible:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/battl ... -bad/57023
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/battl ... -bad/59222

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/arica ... -bad/58728
AMMO

Post by AMMO » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:21 am

It looks like CoD with vehicles and destroyable environments. This looks so cool.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Damn, in that last video where the humvee slides over on its side, man so bad ass. The one thing I think they did a good job on was there sound engine they put into the frostbite engine, sounds so good.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"J2 I am disappoint."
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:21 pm

omg i just watched those videos. they are a perfect example of everything that is wrong with gaming
no time to stop and plan strategy
total chaos/weapon spam
regen health/invisible health

i like games where people with better strategy/tactics can beat people who spam weapons mindlessly but this looks like the opposite, like TF2 :(
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:47 pm

joe wrote:omg i just watched those videos. they are a perfect example of everything that is wrong with gaming
no time to stop and plan strategy
haha what the hell? You want them to show people back at spawn looking at the battle map in a promo video?

here is a much less impressive video for you to enjoy joe: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ps3-b ... -bad/59321
Featuring a guy holding use while standing still - the stuff you love joe

Also just like 2142, a guy oblivious to the fact that a teammate is trying to repair his tank:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ps3-b ... -bad/59323

It's not any more spammy than BF2/2142 was. Also what the hell? All you do when you're on foot in 2142 is spam fire with the LMGs.
Last edited by NIPPER on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:03 pm

HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT PROGRESS BAR?

FUCK it didnt care WHO was arming it!
"J2 I am disappoint."
AMMO

Post by AMMO » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:33 pm

holy shit this game looks awesome
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:17 pm

I don't have high hopes for this game. Console gamers who are expecting it to be MW2 but on a larger scale are going to be disappointed because it doesn't play at all like MW2, and PC gamers expecting smart paced gameplay are going to be disappointed because of the brainless gameplay changes. I could definitely see BC2 being a "fun for a month" sort of game.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:48 pm

I really like the destructible terrain, that is what I've mostly want in the next BF it opens up a lot of tactical options.

I mean what they are showing there is over the top, but if they accurately applied it correctly, like, M203 launchers only punching small, if any holes in concrete then it would be awesome.
"J2 I am disappoint."
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:17 pm

it seems like a few games have been gigantic hits on consoles (halo series, gears of war, cod series, etc.) making hundreds of millions of dollars, and PC developers all looked at each other for a second and then deleted the complicated tactical/skill based FPS they had been working on and started cranking out casual FPS's. TF2 and L4D are good examples. looks like the BF series might turn out to be another.

i can't blame the devs for wanting to make hundreds of millions instead of tens of millions

i can't blame console gamers for playing console-style FPS.

but i do wonder what's going to happen. are complicated FPS like the old team fortress style games gone forever? or will someone make a giant hit PC FPS that brings back the complex gameplay? somehow i don't ever see that happening :(
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:23 pm

predicting this game will be a total grenade launcher fest until months after release when they finally patch it
it seems like a few games have been gigantic hits on consoles (halo series, gears of war, cod series, etc.) making hundreds of millions of dollars, and PC developers all looked at each other for a second and then deleted the complicated tactical/skill based FPS they had been working on and started cranking out casual FPS's. TF2 and L4D are good examples. looks like the BF series might turn out to be another.
Because we all know how deep and complicated Counter-Strike was, and how necessary teamwork was in TF. I don't think TF2 and L4D are good examples at all.

Battlefield has been on consoles for a long time, and BF3 is still in production (Bad company 1 was supposedly the "testing bed" for their new engine) so I doubt they are really planning on abandoning anything

edit

Okay so the beta is starting some time december, but only for people with PREORDERS. There is no way I'm going to preorder through their shitty online steam-wannabe service.

BF2 is on steam now though. Hopefully EA gets their heads out of their asses and releases more stuff on steam
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Sizzler wrote: Because we all know how deep and complicated Counter-Strike was, and how necessary teamwork was in TF. I don't think TF2 and L4D are good examples at all.
haha, this is the biggest hole in that argument. CS was what started the whole "modern generic simple shooter" thing and we all played the hell out of it because it was fun. Not because it was some ground breaking innovative game. The concept and gameplay was so simple you could make just about any map for it and it would work :sunny:

And did you complain about TFC joe? TF2 is just as spammy and complex as TFC was.

Also people who have never played X-com really need to shut up about how great PC gaming used to be.