Any fighting game love 'round har? Yes. Yes there is.

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: Any fighting game love 'round har? Yes. Yes there is.

Post by Django » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:22 pm

CALAMITY!!!
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Base

Post by Base » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:53 am

New characters actually look pretty decent by BB standards, but still Kokonoe isn't a playable character so it's a pain in the ass to be bothered to play it. Plus I don't feel like paying for a whole new game that I still might not like. Dunno, maybe it's actually fun this time around. I'll lurk dustloop and see what they did later.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:30 pm

That bitch STILL isn't playable what the FUCK arksys...

oh well, looks fun. I'll be getting it
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:53 pm

BTW all the BGM in BBCP is going to be completely redone for everyone. :toot:
Zeno

Post by Zeno » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:33 am

I started a thread on BBCP :<

Anyway, can't wait. New music surprises me though, I don't remember them doing that for GG.
-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Post by Derp » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Really enjoying Persona 4: Arena right now, Kanji and Labrys are both awesome, love the huge damage combos I can actually do. Trying to get past a really bad habit of mashing in matches, keeps messing up my combos. I can do them consistently in training mode, but I get flustered in actual matches in this game for some reason and try to mash them out, which fails most of the time. Really want to try playing Naoto too, but she seems a lot more difficult with her limited close quarters game and precise zoning. Need to find some basics to start learning her. Aigis and Mitsuru look really fun, but I can't really get used to their gameplan. Shadow Labrys is awesome but I'm having a LOT of trouble getting used to controlling a pet character. She seems a little too technical for me anyways, would take a ton of practice to setup/execute her various unescapeable/unblockable loops.

Did anyone else get this for PS3? I know Who and Snowgoose did, played them already. Add me on PSN (Lodrak) if you have it and we can play some games.

Still have never even touched a BlazBlue game... might have to try the new one when it eventually comes out. Always thought Hakumen looked like a really fun character.
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Derp

Post by Derp » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Quick question for you BlazBlue fans. How good is the CT reconstruction story or w/e in CS:Extend? Thinking about buying Extend but wondering if I should play the CT story mode first.

Also, anyone here have CS:Extend on PS3? Or any other BlazBlue games for that matter?
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:47 pm

I can't really speak for the story because I never finished it in continuum shift (which I ahve for the PS3)

they story is REALLY convoluted and I wouldn't even concern myself with it in all honesty
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:34 am

Never played the story either :'( I've heard pretty much the same thing that Pent said though. I only have BB:CT, not Extend, never really bothered buying Extend ^^;
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Just read this thread on SRK http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?th ... ri.167166/

If you've been hearing shit-talk about Revelations 2012 or John Nelson, this is worth reading for clarification on the whole story behind things. TL;DR -- John Nelson (Leader of Tournament Legacy, runs Revelations) has been ripping off players, sponsors, producers, interviewers, and the community in general to his own benefit, and is pretty much guilty on multiple cases of fraud and illegal business practices. Please, do NOT support Revelations or Tournament Legacy in any way.
Base

Post by Base » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:23 am

Sad to hear of another tourney gone sour. They don't happen often but whenever they happen they tarnish the FGC's name.

I actually used to work at C3, which is this relatively small venue in Virginia that the Virginia/Maryland players use for their tournaments. The owner was a total cheapskate and did a ton of shady shit (paid me under the table, paid me less than we agreed, ripped off players, tried to make game hosting as difficult as possible for the tourney holders; and then there was the actual construction of the place, where he purposefully didn't get an electrical inspection because he didn't want to pay the fee). As far as I know people are still using that spot, and I've had people get upset at me for being wary about venues since then (Like one place here in Cali we were looking at for as a venue, the organizer got real snippy with me even though I was trying to protect the community from being ripped off again). It's a tight spot to get the tourney organized because you're bound by the rules of the venue, and if the venue rips you off, there's not much you can do about it.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:41 am

Selling a 360/PC compatible TE Fightstick, barely a year old. 80 bucks (shipping not included).
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:18 pm

I'm going to Season's Beatings Ascension, Sept. 28th-30th in Cleveland. Full details http://godlike-entertainment.com/ ^^
Derp

Post by Derp » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Managed to grind my Kanji up to S rank, man it's hard to find good matches online beyond B rank. Been having a lot of fun in GameFAQs lobbies, it's so much more fun to play with a small community of people rather than randoms all the time. Play with me people ;_;

Also, just ordered BlazBlue CS:EX from Newegg for $16, seems like a really good deal to me if anyone else is interested. Free shipping, they have it for PS3 and 360. If you get it for PS3 I'll play with you, promise :3

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6879335020
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Derp if you main Ragna I will punt you...