Any fighting game love 'round har? Yes. Yes there is.

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Re: Any fighting game love 'round har? Yes. Yes there is.

Post by MasterWholigans » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Gootecks called me beautiful and then slept all through the UMvC3 "US vs World" exhibition in the chair next to mine during Season's Beatings. True story.

Also played Combofiend in my AE pool, so solid, so smart, so much respect ;u;
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:38 am

Hey everyone, Happy New Year! Just for the sake of posting here, I'll be competing at http://www.facebook.com/events/191701504303342/ for the fun of it, first tournament I'll have been to since Season's Beatings! n_n

I've been supah dupah busy with college and stuff, but sometime we should get together another GGPO night like old times! C;
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Post by Derp » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:26 pm

MasterWholigans wrote:Hey everyone, Happy New Year! Just for the sake of posting here, I'll be competing at http://www.facebook.com/events/191701504303342/ for the fun of it, first tournament I'll have been to since Season's Beatings! n_n

I've been supah dupah busy with college and stuff, but sometime we should get together another GGPO night like old times! C;
Looks awesome, good luck! I'd be up for a GGPO night, and I just got PS AllStars and Anarchy Reigns so LET'S DO THAT TOO.

I really haven't been playing any fighting games at all since P4A/TT2, other than a bit of AE and UMvC3 with a co-worker I just met a few months ago, though he's not near my skill level yet unfortunately, he didn't really seem to be having much fun when I beat him 25-0 in UMvC3 using characters I've never played :s (though we did have some close games). Not really sure how to try to teach someone fighting games or rather convince them that they want to learn.
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:53 am

and also
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Just as a heads up, I'm 100% confirmed going to be competing at EVO 2013 World Championships again this year! C: Anyone else gonna be able to make it?
Derp

Post by Derp » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:12 pm

MasterWholigans wrote:Just as a heads up, I'm 100% confirmed going to be competing at EVO 2013 World Championships again this year! C: Anyone else gonna be able to make it?
Awesome! Probably not gonna be there, but eh maybe if I'm up for a vacation around that time.

What games are you going to compete in? I'm up for games anytime you wanna practice.

PS: Hoping we get AE2013 :awesome:
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:32 pm

That'd be AAWWEEEEESOOOME if you could somehow vacation around EVO! C: No worries if ya can't though! ;3 Imma be competing in SSFIV AE, Tekken Tag 2, Persona 4 Arena (Need practice!), Melee (LOL IMMA GET BODIED), and if someone can teach me MAHVEL, Imma compete in that! ^_^

AND YEAH I'M REALLY CROSSING MY FINGERS FOR AE2013 ;U;
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:05 am

master hooligans find me an affordable usb controller that has a good d-pad
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:48 pm

I absolutely love the Playstation 2 D-Pad (It's my favorite controller from ANY console, ANY gen) and would actually HIGHLY recommend just getting a PS2=>PC USB Converter (Found one quick here http://tinyurl.com/bjnf62v) That /IS/ if you love the PS2 as much as I do and assuming that you have an extra controller laying around SOMEWHERE, that'd be the cheapest route.

If you're looking to be a bit more "professional" with "performance" and fancy crap like that, you could drop $40 on an official "Fightpad" like the one here http://tinurl.com/fightpad -- I've used one of these before, and although they take some getting used to, the D-Pad works GREAT for Fighting Games exclusively and the buttons are set like an arcade stick, giving you the button-control of an arcade stick with the comfort of D-Pad motions. Although this IS more expensive.

I'm not sure of any 3rd party PC controllers that are reliable, tired-and-true for fighters with a nice D-Pad. If you wanna do a little more shopping, I'd just search up "USB Controller" on http://shoryuken.com/forum/ however it seems they're down for maintenance until next week. Anyone else have something to suggest/they've used for gaming?
Derp

Post by Derp » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 pm

^I'd actually second what you said, before I got my TE stick I used PS2 controllers with a PS2 -> USB converter. Still use PS2 controllers for some PC games. I would try to get whatever you're used to, really. If you love Saturn pads, get one of those and a converter. I'd try to stay away from random 3rd party controllers unless you find one that's highly recommended by a lot of people or someone you really trust, because most of them are absolute garbage quality. I'm not entirely sure what adapter I got, I got one off of Amazon, but this one looks a lot like it. I bought one that was recommended by some srk'ers.

You should really just blow $80 or so on a nice arcade stick and never look back though :twisted:
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Django
Bow down to your King!

Post by Django » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:01 am

I have a wii u pro controller is there a way to use that instead?
I don't like the playstation d-pad, i tried playing megaman 9 with it and it wasn't doing the job for me
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Wii U Pro controller connects the same way the Wii Controller does.

EDIT: Mapping input is the only question
https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/ might work but I don't have one to test with
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:46 am

I AM THE RAFFLE KING
PROOF:

I just won one of those fancy-pants SFxT Fightpads from Super Arcade's Donation Drive Raffle (https://twitter.com/SuperDojo) ^_____^ Hooray!

ALSO this Winter my plan is to go to New York for a week during Winter Break and play at Next Level Arcade and visit around the area! Anyone on the East Coast that would wanna meet up around that time? :D?
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:58 pm

can't wait to see Melee at EVO

that tech skill, that positioning, that dash dancing..
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Django
Bow down to your King!

Post by Django » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:14 am

Pentagram.J2 wrote:can't wait to see Melee at EVO

that tech skill, that positioning, that dash dancing..
Why is this game being narrated by gangbangers?