Any fighting game love 'round har? Yes. Yes there is.

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Re: Any fighting game love 'round har? Yes. Yes there is.

Post by Django » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:42 am

Pentagram.J2 wrote:Good news! Smash WILL be streamed at EVO after all!
So evo is over and

ImageImageImage
Mike Ross competed briefly

Justin Wong gained 200 pounds and.. got second place

ImageImageImage

New Meta Declared: Shuma-Gorath, Vergil, Zero, Dante, Morrigan

Meanwhile at SF4

ImageImageImage
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Post by Derp » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:17 pm

I basically wasted my entire weekend watching EVO streams and spamming in poverty chat, and I must say, your post was spot on Django. Over 134k viewers for Melee, and 145k for Marvel, wow. P4A top 8 was hype as hell mainly thanks to BananaKen and StunEdge (other than GF), Bronson's rampage in TTT2 was surprising, Reynald blowing through loser's in KoF, being down 0-2 in GF and then WINNING THE NEXT 6 MATCHES STRAIGHT and making the Japanese player throw his stick was amazing. Marvel was COMPLETELY NUTS, Filipino Champ gets taken out by Cloud805 the online warrior from GAMEFAQS (hell yeah), Justin being pixels away from taking it from Flocker. The level of SFIV play shown was insane. PR Rog really surprised me, Haitani was blowing people up left and right, and Sako was playing great up until the end. Really though, I think Xian really improved recently and showed that he truly is the best SFIV player in the world, he definitely earned his trophy playing with Gen and showed the potential of the character.

HungryBox suffering from sodium overdose after being told he had just lost the 2/3 to Wobbles after both of them had thought it was 3/5
Hee San Woo tossing his stick after losing 6 rounds straight to Reynald in KoFXIII GF
People having heart attacks over Justin narrowly resetting the bracket against Flocker
Anime community payed up in waifus
NicoNico was just as hype as poverty chat for smash

Also, ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RAISE YOUR WONGERS ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Base

Post by Base » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Enough of that terrible tournament.

Guilty Gear XRD -SIGN- is doing loketests on August 8th. We get to see what changes they'll be making to the series, and maybe get a glimpse at how large the character roster will be. They've said they're planning for a next gen release sometime next year.

GET HYPE.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Derp

Post by Derp » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:19 am

Base wrote:Enough of that terrible tournament.

Guilty Gear XRD -SIGN- is doing loketests on August 8th. We get to see what changes they'll be making to the series, and maybe get a glimpse at how large the character roster will be. They've said they're planning for a next gen release sometime next year.

GET HYPE.
Why don't you stop drooling over games that are years away and play some laggy online matches with me :chicken:
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Base

Post by Base » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:53 am

What games you have/wanna play? I'm down. Hit me on steam or somethin.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.

Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:51 am

skullgurs
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Derp

Post by Derp » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Base wrote:What games you have/wanna play? I'm down. Hit me on steam or somethin.
AE 2012! I've actually been playing some SF4 lately. Other than that, anything on GGPO, Vampire Savior or KoF98 or Super Turbo or whatever. Or if you're on PSN I have most of the PS3 fighting games, including ^Core+, though I haven't played it at all really. You could beast on me with Zappa for awhile anyways :toot:
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Base

Post by Base » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:59 am

Django wrote:skullgurs
OH FUCK DJANGO YOU TROLLIN ME

I don't have like any new games. GGPO and SF4 on steam is about all I've got. I only have AC on xbox too. Sorry. Been broke as fuck (thinking about doing some comissions soon tho).

Anyways, hit me on steam and we'll do some games.

Base

Post by Base » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:22 am

Double post cuz you guys never post

GGAC+R is apparently coming sometime this month. Also, Loketest for XRD is in 2 days. I will (maybe) get xbox live once +R is released so I can play some craptastic online matches. My net is notorious for disconnecting on a lot of stuff so who knows if it will work (Games and stuff seem to run fine though?).

You guys should do stuff in the steam group thing too. Anyone wanna do a GGPO fightnight or something? Maybe even a tiny j2 tourney could be fun.

I'll post in the steam group later to see if peeps want in on this. We should try to get more people in there too.

Derp

Post by Derp » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Base wrote:Double post cuz you guys never post

GGAC+R is apparently coming sometime this month. Also, Loketest for XRD is in 2 days. I will (maybe) get xbox live once +R is released so I can play some craptastic online matches. My net is notorious for disconnecting on a lot of stuff so who knows if it will work (Games and stuff seem to run fine though?).

You guys should do stuff in the steam group thing too. Anyone wanna do a GGPO fightnight or something? Maybe even a tiny j2 tourney could be fun.

I'll post in the steam group later to see if peeps want in on this. We should try to get more people in there too.
I would definitely be down for a GGPO night pretty much any night. I agree trying to revive the j2 fight squad group is a good idea. I've been playing some AE2012 on Steam lately and chatting in the official group chat or whatever, maybe I could get some of those dudes to join.

But yeah, we should try to organize something, assuming people other than just me and you are up for it. I bet Wholigans would show, you could ask him on the twitters if you use that. Haven't talked to SnowGoose (bitphantom) for awhile, he might play. We could have a PC AE2012 night, a general casual GGPO night, or pick a specific game on GGPO ahead of time to play so people could get some practice in leading up to the night, that would be cool. I personally adore KoF '98, I would vote for that! I'm not really any good at it but I would put in some practice for sure. Otherwise Garou, KoF 2002, Samurai Shodown 5 Special, Super Turbo, and Vampire Savior are all fun. Or Alpha 2 or 3. Or Third Strike if you can play that on GGPO again. Really I'm up for anything, I just like playing fighting games :toot:

Oh Skullgirls comes out on the 22nd or so as well, we could do that too. I'm also going to be getting KoF XIII on Steam when it's released, even though I already have it on PS3.
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Derp wrote:I bet Wholigans would show, you could ask him on the twitters if you use that. Haven't talked to SnowGoose (bitphantom) for awhile, he might play. We could have a PC AE2012 night, a general casual GGPO night, or pick a specific game on GGPO ahead of time to play so people could get some practice in leading up to the night, that would be cool. I personally adore KoF '98, I would vote for that! I'm not really any good at it but I would put in some practice for sure. Otherwise Garou, KoF 2002, Samurai Shodown 5 Special, Super Turbo, and Vampire Savior are all fun. Or Alpha 2 or 3. Or Third Strike if you can play that on GGPO again. Really I'm up for anything, I just like playing fighting games :toot:
Heck YEAH I'D SO BE DOWN FOR ANOTHER FIGHT NIGHT!! :D I'm really down for any game over GGPO, they all sound like so much fun!! ;u; I've been addicted to Yatagarasu quite a bit lately, so I could host lobbies in that if anyone would wanna play that! ^_^

The absolute best way to get in contact with me though is over Twitter since I really don't hang on Steam that much anymore sadly D: I'm still alive and playing tons of fighting games though!! c:
Base

Post by Base » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:26 pm

What's your twitter account? I'll bug you on that.

MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Check me out >> @MasterWholigans ^_^!!! Hopefully you join in my Yata lobby soon! ;3
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:49 pm

SAW THIS IN THE FIGHT SQUAD GROUP:
J2 Fight Squad wrote:I'm thinking tomorrow, Friday the 9th, would be a good time. Maybe around 5-6 pm PST?
Absolutely down for this tonight. I can run a Yata lobby as well as anything on GGPO you guys wanna play! :) I'll be free all night for games! I can hop on Steam especially for this as well, although if you don't see me on there someone just kick my butt on Twitter or something. I'll show up eventually. X3 I'm hyped!! :D
Zeno

Post by Zeno » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:41 pm

-Zeno McDohl (reseph@reddit), http://steamcommunity.com/id/zenoxio
Dark Souls matchmaking: http://www.darksoulsfind.org/ (PS duel me)