Any fighting game love 'round har? Yes. Yes there is.

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Hellboy

Re: Any fighting game love 'round har?

Post by Hellboy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:22 pm

I like Soul Calibur the most- though I bought Street Fighter IV in that Steam sale, as well.
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Post by Derp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:29 pm

tatsuyame wrote:
Derp wrote:I've always enjoyed playing 2D fighting games, but I've never gotten very good at them due to not having anyone to compete with where I live and not getting into any of the recent ones with good online play. I don't have a PS3 so no Blazblue, though it looks fun... I have SF4 for PC and I played it for about a month or so, but I never really got good at it.
Blazblue is/will be on everything. PS3, 360, PC, PSP, DSi. Find a version and pick it up! And I heard that the SF4 community on the PC is rather lacking. :/ So be happy you didn't get good, because you wouldn't have anyone to play with if you did.
Ah, I never heard about it coming to the PC, that's pretty cool, I'll be sure to get it one way or another once that happens.
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Yokai

Post by Yokai » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:24 am

Big SF4 and SF3 player here, I like SF2 but I'm hardly "good" at it beyond knowing some bread and butter combos.
NIPPER wrote:stop bumping old topics you fucking retards.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:27 am

uhh
I'm okay at Sould Calibur 2
pretty solid at Smash bros. but I prefer to dick around in that, go Luigi, dance, mock my enemies with the fact that I'm such a damn ninja
then keep dancing
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
UnbirthdayHatter

Post by UnbirthdayHatter » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:00 am

I play a few, my favorite is guilty Gear
"You know what I do when I'm sad? I stop being sad, and start being awesome instead. True story."Image
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:21 am

i didnt like tekken too much. i like Dead or Alive the best, then probably Super Smash Bros. Melee and Soul Calibur 2. Played some street fighter, all the other 2d games confuse me. Capcom vs Marvel confuses the shit out of me. I like DOA because it looks so beautiful and is smooth as shit. the moves aren't ridiculously hard to do, so its more about using your head and not tech skills.
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:28 am

I'm not a fan of DOA. DOA4 was...well, I disliked what I played of it. I haven't played Tekken since Tekken 3 on the PS1. SSBx I never attempted to play 'seriously;' I feel like it almost goes against the spirit of the game. The only Soul Calibur's I've played was the demo of SC on XBL, and SC4. SC4 was just messed up so bad. What little I've played of VF5 I've loved. SF4 and SF3:3s are my favorites of the SF games, with A3 a close second. I suck at SF2, and therefore don't like it. Same with any VS game. Not a fan of KoF, probably because I never bothered to learn how to play.
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:32 am

Judged solely as a fighting game, DOA is decent, but the multi-level stages are cool.
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 am

Hellboy wrote:Judged solely as a fighting game, DOA is decent, but the multi-level stages are cool.
I love multi-level fighting stages; it's the one thing I miss when playing 2d games. I remember the first DBZ Budokai game had huge looking stages, and you could blast your opponent through mountains and stuff. Man, that was a while ago.
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:39 am

i played the 3 pre-budakai dbz games. man they were weird. Dragon Ball: Final Bout was fucking hilarious. If took you two whole seconds to turn around if you managed to jump over someone's head. The animation for it was fucking hilarious.
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
koko
[citation needed]

Post by koko » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:33 am

CaptainTripps wrote:I curse and complain all the time. The fuck you gonna do about it?
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:20 pm

That's more of a Tiger Uppercut.
Derp
Xfire: mrpants259

Post by Derp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:00 pm

stickbeast wrote:i played the 3 pre-budakai dbz games. man they were weird. Dragon Ball: Final Bout was fucking hilarious. If took you two whole seconds to turn around if you managed to jump over someone's head. The animation for it was fucking hilarious.
Hyper Dimension on the SNES kicks ass, love that game.

EDIT: Oh and Guilty Gear is one of my favorites as well (I have ^Core on the PS2), Baiken and Jam were my favorite characters to use.

Some other stuff I enjoyed playing:

Melty Blood Act Cadenza
Immaterial and Missing Power/Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
SF2/SF3:3rd Strike
Tekken 2
MvC2
Eternal Champions
KoF '98 & 2002 (absolutely terrible at these)
Samurai Shodown II
SNK vs Capcom 2
Ehrgeiz
tahts halo
dont worry
o_o
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:46 pm

the DBZ games are prety cool
i love that one dragon guy, electrocution = win.

and i only got soul calibur for the tit-tays, though it turned out to be a pretty decent game. i loved the char customisation in that one
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:30 pm

I will destroy any of you in Soul Calibur 4 on the 360. If I had live, I'd totally take the challenge of facing (and de-facing :wink:) every one of you who wishes to best me.