Any fighting game love 'round har? Yes. Yes there is.

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Re: Any fighting game love 'round har?

Post by Neelpos » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:47 pm

The guy sitting next to me was in the top 100 for soul calibur online
and the only Amy player it seems
apparently if you find him another copy of it he'll gladly "kick your ass and sqeeze it, not necessarily in that order"
little unsettling but whatever
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:52 pm

Lol SC4. Game feels just so broken. Like, the lizard guy is on the ground and hitting my shins. Why can't I block that low? How the hell does standing block guard against an ankle biter?
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:24 pm

You block while ducking. :thumbs:
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:55 pm

bl4nk wrote:You block while ducking. :thumbs:
I said you couldn't block that low. Blocking while ducking/crouching lets you get hit, but if you block standing you block the attacks. Game's illogical.
Ronin

Post by Ronin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 pm

joe wrote:ignore all the dipshits, thanks for the post :)
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:44 pm

time to begin drooling over Tatsunoko vs Capcom again...
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Base

Post by Base » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:28 pm

It saddens me that only 2 people mentioned Guilty Gear. I play it competitively (those interested should really check out dustloop.com, SF players go to shoryuken.com). Zappa is Love! And also mamamammamamamama

Bitches need to get hype for them fightan gaems!

Marn's pussy ass getting owned:

Enjoy.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 am

I always wanted to play guilty gear. Isn't there one or 2 for 360? I bet that shits cheap maybe I'll get that shit checked out.

My xbox red ringed last week though and I still have to go through the shit of sending it in and seeing if I have to pay for repairs etc.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Jason wrote:I always wanted to play guilty gear. Isn't there one or 2 for 360? I bet that shits cheap maybe I'll get that shit checked out.

My xbox red ringed last week though and I still have to go through the shit of sending it in and seeing if I have to pay for repairs etc.
never played a Guilty Gear game, but the teams new game BlazBlue looks pretty fun
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
stickbeast

Post by stickbeast » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:20 am

SF4 online is weird. I'm new to the Street Fighter world, but I know I've beaten people who are way better than me by catching them off guard with my ultras, but I get my ass kicked by people who suck since I don't know how to use cammy against defensive campers and people who spam hadoukens/shoryukens. I can bait the Kens/Ryus/Akumas/Sagats uppercuts with the focus backwards dash and then punish them for missing...but sometimes i fuck up inputs when mean to do a canon arrow instead a cannon spike. Most of the time i end up losing because I can't get close enough to do some damage. Blanka is just a question mark to me...I have NO idea how to fight him at all. I swear, everyone picks Ken/Ryu/Akuma/Sagat. It's so fucking annoying...I feel like the game will be better once I figure out how to beat cheap bastards that camp all day.
Django wrote:Why would you want to eat a deer, that animal is dirty.
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:32 am

Pentagram.J2 wrote:never played a Guilty Gear game, but the teams new game BlazBlue looks pretty fun
I would rent Blazblue before buying it, that's my only suggestion. But let's just say I bought it. :3

And to this day, I STILL play Street Fighter 3 Third Strike on my Dreamcast time to time :D
Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:17 am

all i play is fighting games now... I even have a new astro city.
snipersaurusrex wrote:YOU SAID YOU'D BE A PRICEY HOOKER. And you would.
Very pricey.
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:20 am

j2 GGPO parties

We need them.

Alpha 2
Third Strike
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
KoF 2002
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Base

Post by Base » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:33 am

Oh shit I totally lost track of this thread. YES TO j2 GGPO PARTIES.

Also, The most recent Guilty Gear game, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +, just got emulated with online play. I say we set up a kaillera server and I teach you guys how to play GG. (Keep in mind it's still a little buggy and the netcode is ehh since it's kaillera, but it's better than nothing).

Yeah, they've got Reload on XBox, but it's eh. If you really wanna play GG for real, just get GGAC for the PS2. It's a big game, so make sure you read up on dustloop.com for strats and stuff. It'll learn you good.

I have nothing but distaste for Blazblue. Hazama is the only character worth playing in that game. Such an awfully designed lump of shit. But some people like it, I guess.

Yo tatsuyame, hit me up on steam or something and we'll totally rock that GGPO. I used to be pretty decent at Garou, I rocked a freeman and busted tierwhores from korea and japan like a pimp. I LOVE jojo's too, though I aint too good at that (the loops are tricky as fuck). I need a pad converter though. Maybe I'll splurge and order one this week.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Base wrote:Oh shit I totally lost track of this thread. YES TO j2 GGPO PARTIES.

Also, The most recent Guilty Gear game, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +, just got emulated with online play. I say we set up a kaillera server and I teach you guys how to play GG. (Keep in mind it's still a little buggy and the netcode is ehh since it's kaillera, but it's better than nothing).

Yeah, they've got Reload on XBox, but it's eh. If you really wanna play GG for real, just get GGAC for the PS2. It's a big game, so make sure you read up on dustloop.com for strats and stuff. It'll learn you good.

I have nothing but distaste for Blazblue. Hazama is the only character worth playing in that game. Such an awfully designed lump of shit. But some people like it, I guess.

Yo tatsuyame, hit me up on steam or something and we'll totally rock that GGPO. I used to be pretty decent at Garou, I rocked a freeman and busted tierwhores from korea and japan like a pimp. I LOVE jojo's too, though I aint too good at that (the loops are tricky as fuck). I need a pad converter though. Maybe I'll splurge and order one this week.
What system is GGXXAC+ emulated with netplay on? I know Dolphin had some netplay code but I thought it was incomplete. Haven't heard of netplay for PS2 emulators either. I did find a Dreamcast emulator with netplay (CvS2 <3) but my computer is rather bad so I only get ~40fps so it's basically unplayable. Also I get 30fps in TvC, lol.

I'm not that good at Garou, but I found it REALLY fun even to someone completely new to the game. I use Jenet because she's a pirate and has sparkles and gunlegs or something.
I haven't played Jojo much, but when I do I play Mariah. Freaking boobs burst and fire off screws and shit. Game's insane and I love it.

What pad do you use? The madcatz fightpads are on sale for 20 or 30% off (depending on what series you get, cheapest with discount is 28). I used one for about a year I think, and it was pretty good. Only problem is the diagonals are hard to activate. Depending on who you play that may or may not be a problem.