Any fighting game love 'round har? Yes. Yes there is.

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
tatsuyame

Re: Any fighting game love 'round har?

Post by tatsuyame » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Majin_hurricane wrote:i took out some 13k bp ryu yesterday with my rose and felt pretty proud, but I have no way to capture the video, becauwes my blackberry is being stupid.

i dislike how there is no input leniancy for third strike, I can't fucken do u1 for makoto, which i'm learning quite well
There's input leniency in 3s. It's just nowhere near SF4 level of crazy (seriously, you can do a counterclockwise circle and get an SRK in SF4. Try it sometime.)

Try slowing down the motion. You can't mash stuff as easily.

also <3 makoto

Edit: What did you use to get custom art on your stick? Art + plexi? How thick would the plexiglass be? Can you still use the snap-in buttons that come with the stick if you use plexiglass?
Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:19 am

no, thats only if you are going forward, it "remembers" your forward movement and thats why you can't walk forward and do a fireball. but you can dash forward and do it.
snipersaurusrex wrote:YOU SAID YOU'D BE A PRICEY HOOKER. And you would.
Very pricey.
Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:21 am

yes, it's custom art plus a plexi with snap in sanwa buttons. My next custom stick is being hand made and I'll probably go with semitsu's. On my new astro city I actually have the RARE official sf4 CP.

and yes thats a working taito card reader.
Very pricey.
Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:22 am

i've uploaded some videos of my rose
http://www.youtube.com/user/MajinHurricane?feature=mhum
Very pricey.
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:51 am

Are you looking for critique at all?

Hm, well even if you aren't, I'll just point out two things I noticed. I don't think Rose's drills are safe on block (they might be if spaced correctly but I have no idea). I saw you get punished more than once for blocked drills. I also saw you get punished for slides more than once, I think she's -frames on block there, too. I'd be more than ready to blame most of that on PSN lag though, lol. Playing online was always frustrating to me. Seems like you have to do stuff ahead of what was going on.

Other than that nothing stood out to me as a "loldon'tdothat" thing. Seem to drill a lot but I don't play Rose so I don't know if that's good or not, lol.

loldisclaimer: i mash so hard in sf4 because it makes me rage so much so i really don't know much about it at all
Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:24 am

If spaced, her drills are safe.
Very pricey.
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:25 am

Majin_hurricane wrote:If spaced, her drills are safe.
Well start spacin 'em :P

Oh yeah, the soul throw out of burning kick was awesome. So was the Gaga
Majin_hurricane

Post by Majin_hurricane » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:29 am

depends on who your playing. My rose is solid, but not luffy solid. I need to read more about frame advantage if I want to get past a 60% win rate. Because I lost 10 times in a row to a vega that dropped me 1k bp :(

plus once you get past 5k, you stop playing shotos. Which is what 80% of my matches are. Those are the matches that fuck you up.

anyways time for some 3s. gonna practice makoto more.
Very pricey.
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:35 am

Majin_hurricane wrote:depends on who your playing. My rose is solid, but not luffy solid. I need to read more about frame advantage if I want to get past a 60% win rate. Because I lost 10 times in a row to a vega that dropped me 1k bp :(
http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Rose_%28SSFIV%29
Hitboxes + frame data + other stuff for all her moves.

Fun SSF4 fact of the day: Chun's MK super is 1 frame startup. Yeah.

OMG PLAY 3S WITH ME NOWWW

Edits:

Well that was a bummer. GGPO was rather laggy and choppy between me and Majin :(
Base, where do you currently reside? I have a horrible feeling that I'm going to be too far away from most j2 members to do netplay without it being horribly laggy. :/
Base

Post by Base » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:13 am

I'm in norcal. I'm gonna try to get a hold of a capture card for some GG vids soon.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Base wrote:I'm in norcal. I'm gonna try to get a hold of a capture card for some GG vids soon.
fuckinwestcoastmfaskldfjalafjfuckerbetterhavet1orsomeshit
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:51 pm

Base wrote:I'm in norcal. I'm gonna try to get a hold of a capture card for some GG vids soon.
This and fraps will get you something like this. Dual core processor and 2gigs+ ram recommended. Does 1080i, but I stick with 720p. Video output through your computer monitor and audio output through your computer speakers.

Tatsuyame, I take it you're east coast? I'd get some fighting games but I'm straight up horrible at them.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:10 pm

MrBlip wrote:
This and fraps will get you something like this. Dual core processor and 2gigs+ ram recommended. Does 1080i, but I stick with 720p. Video output through your computer monitor and audio output through your computer speakers.

Tatsuyame, I take it you're east coast? I'd get some fighting games but I'm straight up horrible at them.
Why would you use fraps to record from a video source like that? Is it better than just using vdub or something?

Also, seriously, I can't believe I've never seen that card before. I looked at the blackmagic intensity products but they're 200 or some shit. And the HD PVR from hauppauge records directly to H264 or something. So do you have this one? If so, what's the input lag like?
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:15 pm

This is the card I used to record those videos, so yes, I have this card. I use Fraps because that's what I have. I'll look into vdub and see which is better.

The reason why I use an external recording program is because HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) blocks me from using the built in recorder when using HDMI input (if I switched to analog, it would work). The built in recorder supports MPEG-2, H.264, and 'iPod' (wat).

As for input lag, I don't have a clue. To me, it's unnoticeable. I imagine if you play games that rely on twitch reflexes (and you're at a skill level where the higher reflex wins), you might notice it.

More about the HDCP shit:
I don't understand how this works exactly. I was under the impression that if the device playing the video (PS3 in my case) video renderer (graphics card), video output (monitor), and video capture (this card) were all HDCP compliant, then you would be able to use the built in recording feature. All of my devices ARE HDCP compliant, yet when I try to record things, it says "The program is protected and its content can't be recorded." I guess the game has to be HDCP compliant too? I don't know.
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
tatsuyame

Post by tatsuyame » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:46 pm

MrBlip wrote:This is the card I used to record those videos, so yes, I have this card. I use Fraps because that's what I have. I'll look into vdub and see which is better.

The reason why I use an external recording program is because HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) blocks me from using the built in recorder when using HDMI input (if I switched to analog, it would work). The built in recorder supports MPEG-2, H.264, and 'iPod' (wat).

As for input lag, I don't have a clue. To me, it's unnoticeable. I imagine if you play games that rely on twitch reflexes (and you're at a skill level where the higher reflex wins), you might notice it.

More about the HDCP shit:
I don't understand how this works exactly. I was under the impression that if the device playing the video (PS3 in my case) video renderer (graphics card), video output (monitor), and video capture (this card) were all HDCP compliant, then you would be able to use the built in recording feature. All of my devices ARE HDCP compliant, yet when I try to record things, it says "The program is protected and its content can't be recorded." I guess the game has to be HDCP compliant too? I don't know.
I think HDCP makes it so you CAN'T record, and it simply won't play if you're not connected to an HDCP device. I believe. There's no reason why it should keep you from recording the game, though. That's just stupid and I hope it's just a bug or something, and not shitty copyright poop.

Also, can't tell you how happy I am to see an HD recording device for under 200 bucks.