sc2 download

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
CaptainTripps

Re: sc2 download

Post by CaptainTripps » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:13 am

Pretty sure the "censorship" regarding custom maps is to keep such dignitaries as "Strip Hermione Granger" and "Assassinate Obama" from popping up on servers they run. The horror, what will people do.

And if there are limits they must be pretty high, I've seen and played some fairly complex custom maps so far. I don't like the lobby or how the maps are pre-listed by popularity, honestly I liked being able to host a map, but now if I go to play a not so popular UMS no one else will ever see it because it doesn't pop to the top. So that's just dumb, but I bet it's ho they intend to limit server load.

So far that and th REAL ID fiasco are my only gripes, chat channels are the domain of lil boys and spam bots, FB is easily ignored, I haven't legally played over LAN since like 2001.

Buying this tomorrow, preloaded it Sunday.

If anyone else is playing please list your friends ID and friend code in that other thread so I can start adding ya.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:48 pm

ayeyah wrote:You theoretically don't even need to pirate it to play the campaign. Install the "digital version" client (free to download and install), then open the galaxy editor. Open the campaign maps, then hit "test map" (ctrl-f9 or something). It'll boot up SC2 with your selected map. All this can be done without actually buying the game, and all you need is a valid bnet account (so you can download the client).
Cool, thanks for the tip.
ayeyah wrote:And if you like what you see, then you can buy a license online (or run out and buy a boxed set) and associate it with your bnet account. Try before you buy, right?
Already tried it. Played beta. It's fun. But I don't have money for it.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:19 pm

CaptainTripps wrote:"Assassinate Obama"
These UMS maps were awesome btw I hope Blizzard doesn't try to take them down if they reappear in sc2
CaptainTripps

Post by CaptainTripps » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:05 pm

no pretty much all the custom maps are UMS, they just have to have nice names.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:10 pm

three people were the president and his bodyguards and the rest of the players would choose an assassin and try to lure the bodyguards away so they could kill the pres. It was a good UMS
Tasslehoff [eLa]

Post by Tasslehoff [eLa] » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:40 am

I hope someone makes SMASH TV for ums soon.

so far not digging the campaign. multiplayer is where it's at. I'm assuming when the other 2 expansions come out more units will be added.. right now it feels like sc vanilla not sc:bw.