COD: Black Ops

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Sizzler

Re: COD: Black Ops

Post by Sizzler » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:31 pm

They couldn't even tell the story well - they had to add miniature cutscenes to repeat the plot. You'll get to the end of a level and go through a cinematic cutscene, then the level ends and there's a pre-rendered cutscene that's like 5 seconds long that does nothing but repeat the exact same information you just saw. Playing through a first time, I couldn't figure out if the game was trying to insult my intelligence or if the devs completely gave up on trying to advance the plot properly through gameplay

The big ending "reveal" was stupid and anticlimactic, the game basically spoilers itself at like the end of the second level
Last edited by Sizzler on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeyca

Post by mikeyca » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:37 pm

Sizzler wrote:black ops adds nothing, it's a bad game
I realize many feel the same as you, but does anyone really believe it's worse than Medal of Honor? That's where I take issue with that PC Gamer review. And if someone DOES think Medal of Honor was better, I would really like to hear their justification. That was an ungodly mess of a game, IMO.
Last edited by mikeyca on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troy McClure
STEAM_0:0:16499203
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:38 pm

black ops fixes the multiplayer from MW2, and has a better campaign and story, thats better then it needed to be.
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:04 pm

if by fixes you mean makes the spawn points 9999x worse. It's not even better than IWnet, the modes still have locked player counts and admins aren't allowed to punish unfairly
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Just beat it, took about 6 hours for me. game was awesome. yall are crazy
PCGamer wrote:Here’s an idea, guys: make a fucking film. Get it out of your system, and come back to games when you’re ready to give the player even the illusion of control.
this is stupid- you get to do all the shooting, what more do you want? Game would not be as over-the-top if it wasn't scripted the way it is.

And medal of honor was cool too.

Also Rusalka is a great boat name.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:06 am

Sizzler wrote:if by fixes you mean makes the spawn points 9999x worse. It's not even better than IWnet, the modes still have locked player counts and admins aren't allowed to punish unfairly
if you knew how to recognize spawn relocation points, the spawns wouldnt seem bad to you

and cant punish unfairly? i was banned because i killed an admin multiple times with my sniper rifle because he kept trying to take the same god damn path
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

Total Newbie

Post by Total Newbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:31 am

Spawns in Black Ops are pretty bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVnHLCJdRIQ
Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:40 am

Maybe it shouldn't change spawn positions so quickly as it does, but I do like that the spawn points change around a lot. It keeps people from spawn camping. The only map that has a really bad problem of switching spawns is nuketown because the map is so tiny. Both teams just started spawning right ontop of each other over and over.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:22 am

the spawns in cod4 were terrible too. Then they fixed almost every issue with the spawn points in MW2. The series is going backwards
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:34 am

bull-fucking-shit they fixed the spawn points in MW2

Dr.Boo

Post by Dr.Boo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:21 am

What bothers me about this series is that they seem to release a new CoD game every year, with a far too short campaign. Now there IS the multiplayer and this game is more focused on that I suppose so I'm not gonna say it's bad, but since I play this type of game mainly for the Single Player, I'm not gonna buy them any more because 6 hours is too short.
joe wrote:what's it like, being stupid? try to describe it for us please
Total Newbie

Post by Total Newbie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:02 am

I can't even remember the last FPS game with any significant multiplayer that was primarily a single-player game. Stalker, maybe?
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:07 am

if everyone didn't think that everyone was "camping" all the time they wouldn't have had to make the spawns the way they are. Unfortunately people think if you're standing still you're camping in COD. But I've never seen what I would consider camping in MW1 or 2 but I heard people bitching about it all the time.

Its fucking stupid, camping used to mean "sitting in a corner with a sniper rifle for 15+ minutes". Now it just means "you stopped because you saw I was coming on the radar WAAHHHHHHHHH WAAHHHHHHH".
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:17 am

I've witnessed a lot of ca,ping in the past few CoD's, that fit to your definition :p

mikeyca

Post by mikeyca » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:11 pm

NIPPER wrote:if everyone didn't think that everyone was "camping" all the time they wouldn't have had to make the spawns the way they are. Unfortunately people think if you're standing still you're camping in COD. But I've never seen what I would consider camping in MW1 or 2 but I heard people bitching about it all the time.

Its fucking stupid, camping used to mean "sitting in a corner with a sniper rifle for 15+ minutes". Now it just means "you stopped because you saw I was coming on the radar WAAHHHHHHHHH WAAHHHHHHH".
^ This.
Troy McClure
STEAM_0:0:16499203