Battlefield 3 - Fault Line series

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Sasha Nein

Battlefield 3 - Fault Line series

Post by Sasha Nein » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:57 pm

I watched this is 720p and it looked amazing.

Go Battlefield!
mbaxter wrote:We're a community built on bad behavior.
NIPPER

Re: Battlefield 3 - Fault Line series

Post by NIPPER » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:10 pm

nothing in this looks any more interesting than CoD or the last MoH
Sasha Nein

Post by Sasha Nein » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:17 pm

forget the story, look at all the pretty people!
and, yea it does look more interesting...what is wrong with you!? screw CoD maang
mbaxter wrote:We're a community built on bad behavior.
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:47 am

Call of Doody heads is what I call my friends who play that :)
SurNim wrote:SPREAD THE LOVE! OR DIE!
Mass Arrests > Suppressed Technologies Released > Finally ET Disclosure
Mass Arrests currently in progress... :toot:
Why.j2 wrote:Keep Try.
Gr|m

Post by Gr|m » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:30 pm

battlefield campaign was absolutely AWFUL in bad company 2. Hopefully they can make up for it with this.. I love a good single player FPS
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:01 pm

new trailer out, 2 things bothering me. 1) no health bars. bf3 better fucking have a health meter on screen and not stupid bloody screen effect and hp regen. that will ruin it. 2) why does it go dark when the sniper is shooting at them? its not realistic, it's just annoying
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
incandescent

Post by incandescent » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:25 am

joe wrote:new trailer out, 2 things bothering me. 1) no health bars. bf3 better fucking have a health meter on screen and not stupid bloody screen effect and hp regen. that will ruin it. 2) why does it go dark when the sniper is shooting at them? its not realistic, it's just annoying
suppression technique, gets you to not want in to rush people when you know your screen is going to be blurred if someone shoots at you. distortion ftw
This signature has been murdered by a gang of kittens.
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 am

joe wrote:new trailer out, 2 things bothering me. 1) no health bars. bf3 better fucking have a health meter on screen and not stupid bloody screen effect and hp regen. that will ruin it. 2) why does it go dark when the sniper is shooting at them? its not realistic, it's just annoying
searching for healthkits adds nothing but tedium, there is no reason to ever bring those back to shooters

The suppression thing could go either way. I can see it being annoying but I can also see it being cool. It would be neat to be able to pin people down with LMGs. It’s not supposed to be realistic it’s just a gameplay mechanic.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:17 am

eh it's annoying to fuck with my screen, either with stupid blood blotches or fading out the edges. leave the fucking graphics alone, that's a shitty design solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

also hp regen is truly casual. medics are there for a reason
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:59 am

Episode 2 embedded:
incandescent

Post by incandescent » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 pm

joe wrote:eh it's annoying to fuck with my screen, either with stupid blood blotches or fading out the edges. leave the fucking graphics alone, that's a shitty design solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

also hp regen is truly casual. medics are there for a reason
i agree that the blood screen is rather annoying but what sucked about BF2 is you could be getting shot at and you'd have utterly NO CLUE. I wish they'd lighten the blood screen up because when you get shot in the belly I don't believe your eyes bleed a gallon or two.

and i agree medics are useless, i would've preferred a support class that had ammo + health and the LMG. Just give Assault the Rifle and GL/C4.

oh and i should mention it's possible that the suppression effect is completely scripted for just the singleplayer, it may very well not even work on MP. So I await multiplayer gameplay :P

edit: also jesus that second episode, why the fuck can't a sniper hit a single bullet? a .50 is like the size of one of those guys' heads. and the slow motion effect was actually kind of cool imo, hope it's not over-used, however.
This signature has been murdered by a gang of kittens.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:15 pm

I really like the idea of suppression in BF3, if it will be included in MP. For snipers I think it would be a bit over powered but for MG's I think it could work. I think fading to black is kinda retarded, but a blur or a decrease in accuracy would work well.

I think a combination of health and regeneration would work. For instance, you can be damaged and still regen HP, but only to a certain point depending where you were hit. You would need health packs for anything further. I'm fine with regen, the only time I disagree with it is if the game is trying to be realistic. Which, BF3 is not. It's going for immersion, rather than realism.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:22 pm

joe wrote:eh it's annoying to fuck with my screen, either with stupid blood blotches or fading out the edges. leave the fucking graphics alone, that's a shitty design solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
What is the other solution though? I mean besides putting a health meter on the screen.
joe wrote:also hp regen is truly casual. medics are there for a reason
medics still function in bc2, there's nothing wrong with "casual" unless you're fucking nuts and play every game for thousands of hours.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:40 pm

I think as long as they keep it close to the gameplay of 2142 it will be fine.

The medics in BC2 were needed, even after your vision resumed to normal, you are still at half health for a pretty long time.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
burnone2

Post by burnone2 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:27 pm

When you look into the scope of a gun in real life, the entire world doesn't zoom in as well. When will game creators figure this out?