Wii-U

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
stabbyclaus

Re: New Nintendo Home Console

Post by stabbyclaus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:12 am

yea, my buddy Malcolm can't play keyboard FPS games, hes just too used to joysticks. motion gaming really opens gaming to others but it's gotta be done right first
Rat-morningstar wrote:dude, this might be shocking, but the night sky isn't a piece of cloth with holes in it
Scraw wrote:This. People think good sex just spontaneously happens like scripted events in a single player CoD mission.
In reality, the best sex results from good communication and planning; like a Rainbow 6 mission.
namelessmongineer

Post by namelessmongineer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:06 pm

I think FPS games are better on keyboards, but keyboard platforming leaves a lot to be desired. It kinda pisses me off in Super Meat Boy when they post their anti-keyboard PSAs, they actively hate that people would even consider using a keyboard. Also they don't have a key rebinding function, what the fuck? If I cared enough, there is probably a way to do in for the computer itself, but I just learned to use the set up they had. I just really hated using shift for run, but I got over it.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:28 pm

thats why i resorted to using my PS3 controller for that game :D
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Velp

Post by Velp » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:thats why i resorted to using my PS3 controller for that game :D
I used my 360 controller. i could never get my ps3 controller to work right outside of the driver test mode. I find the 360 controller unresponsive when you compare it to the ps3 controller.
mbaxter wrote:David tennant makes everything better
Neelpos wrote:Because maybe if my post count is high enough everyone will love me, golly
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:50 pm

The Wii just got a universal price drop down to 169.99

if this isnt solely because of Easter, than it looks like Nintendo is really gearing up to release a new console
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
namelessmongineer

Post by namelessmongineer » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:53 am

Blow that, I am not going to buy a controller for that reason and my roommate uses his too much for me to get it whenever I feel like playing it.
Echo
Disciple of Smooze

Post by Echo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:52 am

Yay! Wait...why don't I care? The Nintendo child seems to of died within me. I liked that kid. He used to always get a Pikachu in his party no matter which pokemon game he played.
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:51 pm

ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!
Velp

Post by Velp » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Nice find a1dan, could be fake. It does look like they are photos of a screen with scanned images on them.
Neelpos wrote:Because maybe if my post count is high enough everyone will love me, golly
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:10 pm

ugh then I can't pick up ladies with "wanna play with my wii" This is a travesty
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Velp

Post by Velp » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:22 pm

scobywhru wrote:ugh then I can't pick up ladies with "wanna play with my wii" This is a travesty
You'll still be able to play wii games on it. at least that what people think Nintendo has said... It looks like it could be bigger then the wii, so you could use the line, "I have a big wii want to play with it?"
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:32 pm

scobywhru wrote:ugh then I can't pick up ladies with "wanna play with my wii" This is a travesty
You can use the other line "I have a triple monitor up stairs in my room, i'll let you use it as long as you want."
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
MasterWholigans
@MasterWholigans

Post by MasterWholigans » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Those pics were confirmed fake ;)

Although they DO provide a good visualization of what to expect in the future!
Velp

Post by Velp » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:46 pm

I don't think that's what the controllers well look like. They look too normal for something that Nintendo would come up with.
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Glad I never got a Wii when the next Nintendo console will be backward compatible with the motion control games(hopefully).
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator