Wii-U

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Re: New Nintendo Home Console

Post by Rat-morningstar » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:21 am

wait, so, basically, they're making a new handheld that you can only play close to your TV/wherever you set up the thing?
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:47 am

no no no, you can still play on the console itself (during which i assume the touchscreen takes on special functions)

but it is like a handheld in that, if someone else wants to use the TV for something, you can still play your games. Sort of like a not-so-portable cloud gaming experience

remember, take all this with a grain of salt until Nintendo comes out and says something
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:49 am

this sounds like it's a handheld which you can plug into your tv
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:51 am

>.>

ok....

think of it soooort of like this

remember how on the Gamecube you could control some games with the GBA, and sometimes special things would happen on the gba that you could interact with and what not?

its sort of like that im guessing

youre still playing the console in the normal way, but you have the option to stream the game to the controllers screen

again, grain of salt
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god

Post by Rat-morningstar » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:43 pm

still boils down to this dawg
NightFantom wrote:this sounds like it's a handheld which you can plug into your tv
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:58 pm

not really :\

Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god

Post by Rat-morningstar » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:07 pm

ya rly
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:14 pm

no, not really

saying its a handheld that you plug into your TV would mean that the console is completely superfluous, you (probably) wont be able to do online gaming, download games, and all taht other good stuff on the controller

jermm

Post by jermm » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:24 pm

How much are these screens going to cost? Nook color's are $250, most good Android tablets are over $500, and the last-gen ipad is $399. Can Nintendo sell me a console and a controller that can stream video for $300?
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:37 pm

apparently the cost is going to be modest for the controller,

its looking to be about 80 bucks or so

NightFantom
fuck you i'm a dragon
<font color=#800000>fuck you i'm a dragon</font>

Post by NightFantom » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:no, not really

saying its a handheld that you plug into your TV would mean that the console is completely superfluous, you (probably) wont be able to do online gaming, download games, and all taht other good stuff on the controller
i believe the 3DS has all of those?
that seems like a huge amount of work for no good reason - joe
or, you know, sarcasm - Neelpos
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:16 pm

>.>

i get the feeling yall are just fucking with me now...

a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:17 pm

If this controller is $80, 360 controllers better drop to $5.
ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!
namelessmongineer

Post by namelessmongineer » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:15 pm

MrBlip wrote:I think the difference is all of that shit is it made sense, whereas the touch screens and motion things are pretty gimmicky.
a1dan wrote:I'm still a fan of Nintendo and out of the three top companies they're still my favourite, but I just think they're taking a stupid path.

I remember growing up and seeing those fucking gimmicky baseball/shooting AV plugin games and thinking "What a piece of shit, my nes/snes/n64 has a fucking controller I don't need to stand around waving my arms like an idiot." and now that's exactly what they're becoming, a fucking joke.
It's fine to add all that, but have a button option. Like with Mario Kart on the Wii, they had a motion control option, and when I realized that was ham handed and got frustrated with it, I switched to the wii-mote/nunchuck option. It's funny how when Nintendo releases a first party game(Brawl, Mario Kart, ect) they seem to realize that having a new feature doesn't mean you must cram it down the consumer's throat. It's not their fault that other game producers see a new feature and decide that they must have it and force everyone else to love it too. If you hate the fact that the new systems have this then you are just bothered by progress. If a game designer puts out a bad game that makes poor use of new technology, then don't buy it. It's worth it for the chance to have a really good game using new technology in a really cool way. The DS was a great idea, even if some of the games on it had handling issues. It's produced soooo many good games that would not have been as good without a touch screen and it produced many games that DIDN'T use the touch screen or only used it as an extra display. I heard the PSP2 or whatever is adding a touch pad/screen now. Also I would be much happier with a touch screen than motion control especially for drawing stuff in games. Basically if you don't like the direction they are going, don't support them, go to another system or don't buy gimmicky games. Just because it's out there doesn't mean you have to play it or buy it.
dantesus

Post by dantesus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:31 am

I'm going to hate the day when controllers have over a hundred buttons that take forever to memorize, and a little motion sensing doo-dad that you're forced to hold in the other hand.
Oh wait...

MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO