Terraria

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
centcent

Terraria - A New MineCraft Rip Off

Post by centcent » Sat May 21, 2011 4:36 pm

This game has been gaining a lot of attention lately. It's like a 2D version of MineCraft. I was hoping J2 could host a multiplayer server for it. Is that possible?

http://www.terraria.org/ to buy it.

Moderator Edit: Please try not to promote piracy on these forums. :)
Last edited by Yatta! on Sat May 21, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed illegal download information + merged topics
centcent

Re: Terraria

Post by centcent » Sat May 21, 2011 4:44 pm

This game looks awesome. We need a server for it.
brassline

Re: Terraria - A New MineCraft Rip Off

Post by brassline » Sat May 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Thats is pretty much the same game, except on a 2d platform. Even the tools look the same! Then thereis the giant monsters, and I don't think that is in minecrat...
Sub-Merge

Post by Sub-Merge » Sat May 21, 2011 5:13 pm

This isnt a ripoff at all. It has building blocks and a crafting system, which is pretty much the same but those are good ideas for games and should be used more often. This is kind of like an rpg adventury game because you can make better armor with better stats, and kill bosses and go deep into the underworld and fight scary monsters
Aksel

Post by Aksel » Sat May 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Sub-Merge wrote:This isnt a ripoff at all. It has building blocks and a crafting system, which is pretty much the same but those are good ideas for games and should be used more often. This is kind of like an rpg adventury game because you can make better armor with better stats, and kill bosses and go deep into the underworld and fight scary monsters
300th post.. for you
Velp

Post by Velp » Sat May 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Minecraft players and CS:S Players getting along together in one game? Is the world ending? Or is this game really that epic?
mbaxter wrote:David tennant makes everything better
Neelpos wrote:Because maybe if my post count is high enough everyone will love me, golly
jazzy

Post by jazzy » Sat May 21, 2011 6:54 pm

minecraft is a rip off of dwarf fortress so who really gives a fuck who rips on minecraft
The Dude Abides.
Adam

Post by Adam » Sat May 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Yeah nothing like a clone. Anyway a new multiplayer system is supposed to be put in soon, and it won't have player number restrictions, I think we can wait on getting a server.
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Sat May 21, 2011 8:08 pm

This is not 2d Minecraft you fucking clowns.
ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!
Dr Lecter

Post by Dr Lecter » Sat May 21, 2011 8:20 pm

This is such a rip off of mine craft, I mean ffs. Picks, hammers, AND axes? Clear rip off

And notch even tweeted about it, clearly rip off. No one has ever had the idea to mine and fight stuff
Because, since you don't know me, there is a great possibility that I'm on an higher intellectuel level then you are on.
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sat May 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Yeah, and the fact that it is 2D means that people are being stripped
out of one whole dimension, completely outrageous!
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Rish
I get more pussy than a litterbox

Post by Rish » Sun May 22, 2011 5:49 am

Hamachi id and stuff?
jazzy

Post by jazzy » Sun May 22, 2011 10:41 am

i think aidan, jason, magnus, etc just have someone host a server and play. hamachi wise i dont think anyone has one up.

i found my first "true" cave last night, finally met mother slimes, skeletons, etc.
The Dude Abides.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sun May 22, 2011 12:44 pm

The multiplayer aspect isnt really what you think it is. Think something along the lines of D2 game hosting.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
japanimater

Post by japanimater » Sun May 22, 2011 1:19 pm

http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Terraria_Wiki
Terraria is not a rip-off of Minecraft. I've had Minecraft since before the free-content update lock-out and i've never played it once. I saw one video, several pictures, and saw that Terraria was released on Steam for $10 and I bought it, played it, and got hooked. It is better than Minecraft.

At first I worked my way through the tiers of wood, copper, iron, silver, and gold for weapons, armor, and tools. When I saw how much of a pain it was going to be to get Meterorite and Demonite tier items I said "screw that" and jumped right into the Hellfire tier(best tier in the game). All it required was for me to go to the final level(Hell) and bring back a Demon Forge and mine a shitload of Obsidian(Water+Lava=Obsidian(flood hell for best results)) and Hellstone Ore.

Now all that's left for me to do is search for magical items, accessories, increase health and mana to max, find a handgun so I can upgrade it to its hellstone equivalent, and stockpile extra accessories of ones I already have to give to others for when I start to play multiplayer. I already found two extra Shoes of Hermes and an extra magic Mirror.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. What makes you so damn special?!
"I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it". -Alien vs. Predator