BF3 Alpha

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
joe
The Big Cheese

Re: BF3 Alpha

Post by joe » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:08 pm

yeah i had that checked, and i had veteran status i'm pretty sure. wonder why i wasn't invited :(
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
TinklePrincess

Post by TinklePrincess » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:13 pm

joe wrote:yeah i had that checked, and i had veteran status i'm pretty sure. wonder why i wasn't invited :(
joe wrote:i've lost about 85% of the interest i had so i no longer care if i am in the alpha or beta. it's just BFBC2 with slightly updated graphics. no commander mode, no squad leader, no comm rose, etc.
They know
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Origin is a piece of shit, it locks up every time I touch it.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:59 pm

yeah origin is a POS that is the problem if you haven't logged in with origin to make your account origin compatible they lose all your info
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:43 pm

ok someone let me try their key and i had a lot of problems:

1) soldier name is my origin account name, which is just some random shit i typed in. hope they let you change or make a new name

2) graphics flicker, terrible fps (like 3-10), lots of weird graphic problems like parts of the screen blur. this is alpha, to be expected

3) no key instructions??

4) no way to rebind keys??

5) instead of starting the game, it opens a tab in firefox, and i'm supposed to use my web browser to find a game? that's a pretty terrible idea. wonder why they did it that way

6) lots of alpha type problems - disappearing hud, can't move, die for no reason, etc.

so it's about what i would have expected - basically unplayable for me. i'll wait for beta
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:41 pm

joe wrote:ok someone let me try their key and i had a lot of problems:

1) soldier name is my origin account name, which is just some random shit i typed in. hope they let you change or make a new name

2) graphics flicker, terrible fps (like 3-10), lots of weird graphic problems like parts of the screen blur. this is alpha, to be expected

3) no key instructions??

4) no way to rebind keys??

5) instead of starting the game, it opens a tab in firefox, and i'm supposed to use my web browser to find a game? that's a pretty terrible idea. wonder why they did it that way

6) lots of alpha type problems - disappearing hud, can't move, die for no reason, etc.

so it's about what i would have expected - basically unplayable for me. i'll wait for beta
I wasn't expecting much, DICE game releases are normally beta quality anyway. A lot of this was to be expected though.
WOZZA wrote:And well done to destroying another topic..
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:39 pm

A game in its alpha state is by definition unplayable. The whole idea of a public alpha test is absurd.
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:42 pm

NIPPER wrote:A game in its alpha state is by definition unplayable. The whole idea of a public alpha test is absurd.
I think it's nice to get feedback not just about bugs but some game mechanics. I think public alphas and betas are just bad ideas for game makers now. The most fucked up slobbering retards get in and expect to demo a finished product before whining about how the game in alpha/beta is unfinished.
WOZZA wrote:And well done to destroying another topic..
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:49 pm

if you look at the videos on youtube, the game seems completely playable for some people. i just have a problematic video card, which is probably causing most of the problems, and i don't normally play with the default keys so being forced to makes it very difficult
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:00 pm

yeah key bindings haven't been made yet. Seems like that would be a high priority for a PC game. I get 45-50fps on my system and very few crashes. If it's possible to disable crossfire on your card, try that
TinklePrincess

Post by TinklePrincess » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:16 pm

battlefield heroes had the worst beta time ever.
Adam

Post by Adam » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:05 pm

gonna buy this game instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zogCqAI2uY