And you thought BF3 was a rehash...

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
SixtyWattMan

Re: And you thought BF3 was a rehash...

Post by SixtyWattMan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:19 am

What I'm saying is that there are ways to evolve your gameplay without say, Valve changing DE mode or DICE changing Conquest. I would say DICE has done a lot more to evolve their game than Valve whether you think it is for better or worse.
WOZZA wrote:And well done to destroying another topic..
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:47 am

I agree, CS:GO is nothing but a rehash. But BF3 isn't all that innovative as a game?

BF3 is a modern quickdie shooter, it's what MoH 2010 and BC2 were trying to be from the beginning, with many of the same problems. BF2 and 2142 fans will be disappointed w the sped up gameplay, clustered maps, and the gutted squad and commander system, and fans of CoD are going to be disappointed because there's no way the gunplay or overall polish will stack up to CoD
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:26 am

Then again you could look back on BF2 and see all of the horrible problems it had like aircraft balance issues, the PKM, and the commander system wasn't really much more than dropping supply boxes next to tanks, throwing a UAV over a known populated point, and dropping mortars on populated points. Most of the classes in BF2 sucked and spread utility so thin it was rare to find what you needed if you were pubbing. Jets and helis with TV missles dominated games because of fixed AA positions. I will agree that 4 person squads is retarded in a 64 player game. Gunplay in BF2 sucked also. The best gun in the game was the PKM, period. Fucking sniper rifle with a 100 round clip... first weapon I unlocked.

Also, CoD gunplay... rofl. CoD gunplay is flat out BAD. You point and spray. After playing the CODBLOPS free weekend and coming in first place almost every time I can tell you there is no learning curve or skill required in shooting in that game. Shotguns were worthless because by the time you were close enough for a kill the knife was already a better option and a guaranteed one hit kill. Thank fucking god the gunplay won't be like CoD.
WOZZA wrote:And well done to destroying another topic..
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:43 am

This game has alot of guns just like halo or call of duty
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Haymakers9th

Post by Haymakers9th » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:08 am

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!
Steam
GW2: Haymaker.8924 (Tinthundered, Encoelia)
stickbeast wrote: However many dicks she can manage to fit in her mouth in a year really isn't any of your business and you shouldn't judge her for it.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:46 am

SixtyWattMan wrote:Then again you could look back on BF2 and see all of the horrible problems it had like aircraft balance issues, the PKM, and the commander system wasn't really much more than dropping supply boxes next to tanks, throwing a UAV over a known populated point, and dropping mortars on populated points. Most of the classes in BF2 sucked and spread utility so thin it was rare to find what you needed if you were pubbing. Jets and helis with TV missles dominated games because of fixed AA positions. I will agree that 4 person squads is retarded in a 64 player game. Gunplay in BF2 sucked also. The best gun in the game was the PKM, period. Fucking sniper rifle with a 100 round clip... first weapon I unlocked.
BF2 isn't at all perfect, it's a buggy mess like all Dice games are, but I think it offers a lot more than BF3 and BC2 do, it's pacing is a bit more manageable and there's a lot more opportunities for teamwork other than just spawning on squad members

I think there's a bit more depth to commander than that, Artillery is amazing for breaking stalemates or defending points from being back-captured, and tanks are useless on some maps without supply crates placed in good positions. The best BF2 map, Mashtuur City, rewards commanders that keep tabs on the movement of enemy helicopters and cars as they roam around and communicate with squad leaders

Eh, unlike BC2 the PKM isn't really the best gun, maybe it was at one time when the dive to prone was more accurate, it's good because it's decent at all ranges, so the US and Chinese alternatives are very situational by comparison. Medic is the de facto best infantry class in BF2, all the medic guns are really good, and don't forget BF2's medkits are amazing and restore all health instantly. The best squads are largely medics and anti tanks, and maybe a sniper or spec ops for the squad leader.

I agree with you about jets and helicopters, maps like Gulf of Oman were total shit because Jets flew around pretty much unopposed, blowing up all the APCs and bases with ease and gunning down the crappy static AA from out of draw distance. Helicopters aren't as much of a problem since they tend to blow each other up with TV missiles pretty quickly, but maybe they're a bit more interesting now that they can no longer instakill armor from a mile away
Also, CoD gunplay... rofl. CoD gunplay is flat out BAD. You point and spray. After playing the CODBLOPS free weekend and coming in first place almost every time I can tell you there is no learning curve or skill required in shooting in that game. Shotguns were worthless because by the time you were close enough for a kill the knife was already a better option and a guaranteed one hit kill. Thank fucking god the gunplay won't be like CoD.
Black ops is proof that Activision can put out a piece of shit and charge $60+ for it and CoD fans will roll in it willingly as long as it has the brand name. CoD 4 and MW2 were much better games, I don't think there was a single weapon in MW2 that wasn't amazing in the right circumstance

I think the BF3 alpha's gunplay had more similarities to CoD than differences, which fits right in with EA's big marketing push to "take down CoD". Weapons are just as laser accurate and deadly, and IMO even the prone in BF3 feels like it's right out of CoD4, kind of slow and restricting and not nearly as useful as it was in the old BF games

Also I thought some of the obvious deviations from CoD in BF3 alpha were just bad decisions, CQC was random as fuck or very rock-paper-scissors, (with shotguns and SMGs having a significant advantage) kind of how it was in BC2. The auto-correcting recoil makes the best long range tactics, firing in short bursts or tap firing, frustrating and unintuitive messes that just feel so horribly wrong. It's dumb that weapons have so much vertical muzzle climb yet snap back after firing like the recoil is not supposed to compensate for, more console shit in a supposed PC-focused game I guess

I'm still waiting for the BF3 beta to see if they've changed things, the deployable mortars, bomb defusing robots, and laser targets sound like cool features, but I doubt it'll be significantly different
Django
Bow down to your King!

Post by Django » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:04 pm

but that's Black Ops :[]
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Django
Bow down to your King!

Post by Django » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:32 pm

Grndslmhttr3 wrote:but that's Black Ops :[]
Guess they all look alike
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:45 am

this is horrible. CoD: now $100+ if you don't want to get kicked from every other server for missing map DLC

NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:47 am

That sure is a complicated way of saying "you'll get a couple map packs"
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:22 pm

ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!