And you thought BF3 was a rehash...

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
dantesus

And you thought BF3 was a rehash...

Post by dantesus » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Seananners playing modern warfare 3 multiplayer, it looks exactly like modern warfare 2...

$60 please.
MrBlip wrote:WELCOME TO THE HOTEL JOE TO
NIPPER

Re: And you thought BF3 was a rehash...

Post by NIPPER » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:58 pm

yeah but BC2 is like the Black Ops of battlefield games. They were smart enough to not rehash Black Ops and instead rehashed it's superior predecessor MW2.
a1dan
Chills. Shoots Darts.

Post by a1dan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:00 pm

So it's COD 4 again? Okay.

That dude should not be in videos. Awkward.
ImageImageImageImage
Jason wrote:Can't wait to fall in love with a beautiful young man
Jason wrote:Like if I successfully hook up with this guy amazing shit could HAPPEN
Help me get more dropbox space!
King_Fluffy
Xfire: kingfluffysxfire

Post by King_Fluffy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Just because something else is a rehash doesn't mean bf3(or anything at all) isn't.
tehENEMY wrote:I purchased tortilla strips not chips. They aren't even triangles they taste like lies.
Not huffy or stuffy, nor tiny or tall,
But fluffy, just fluffy, with no brains at all.

[img2]http://images.joe.to/images/2c0da8b58756cc8f740d0f5f1e6da7a2.png[/img2]
Grndslmhttr3
these pretzels are making me thirsty
<font color=#004000>these pretzels are making me thirsty</font>

Post by Grndslmhttr3 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:10 pm

dantesus wrote:Seananners playing modern warfare 3 multiplayer, it looks exactly like modern warfare 2...

$60 please.
The fuck were you expecting it to be like? Battlefield? Are you expecting the gameplay in CS:GO to be much different from CS:S? God this thread is dumb.
Hellboy wrote:Oh shucks, I forgot to take a nap and went on an online forum and posted about how big my dick is again!
3DS Friend Code: 1435-5380-2533
Blathersby

Post by Blathersby » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:49 pm

I cant wait for the 15$ map packs every month!
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Hello, I'm here to explain the difference between BF3, MW3, and CS:GO. Are they all rehashes? Yup, but there are certainly different levels of rehashyness.

Graphics: MW3 and CS:GO received almost zero graphical upgrades. MW3, self explanatory. CS:GO? Same engine with the art assets redone 7 years later. BF3 on the other hand, whether you want to compare it to BF2 or BC2, has had massive graphical updates (full dynamic lighting, new character animation system from the FIFA games, terrain tessellation, etc.).

Gameplay: No game should change that much. I don't expect MW3 to be BF3 and I don't expect BF3 to be CS:GO. MW3 will get a few new kill streaks, gadgets, and guns and the same goes for BF3 and CS:GO. While CS:GO and MW3 remain largely unchanged BF3 is biggest among them in terms of balance changes and new toys.

Content: This is where CS:GO falls flat on it's fucking face because it's CS:S with reskinned maps and models and a few new guns. MW3 and BF3 makes CS:GO look like a fucking joke with all their new maps and, something most people seem to forget about, single player campaigns. Sadly, it doesn't stop there because the quality of the weapon models, player models, and maps it much better in both MW3 and BF3.

All these games are technically rehashes. When you go from one game to the next your core gameplay shouldn't change. I think that some things are better reserved for new complete games such as massive graphics overhauls and massive core balance changes. CS:GO is worst offender with very little changing gameplay or graphics wise and could have easily been an update to CS:S. MW3 has a new single player campaign but they do nothing in terms of updating their graphics engine and very little in the way multiplayer gameplay. BF3 has a brand new graphics engine and some very extreme gameplay changes from BF2 and even some things BF2 didn't have like a single player campaign.
WOZZA wrote:And well done to destroying another topic..
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Yes but MW3 and CSGO will be on steam so they win
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:29 pm

NIPPER wrote:Yes but MW3 and CSGO will be on steam so they win
I forgot Steam is what makes a game fun.
Rat-morningstar
sexy Belgian god
<b><u>sexy Belgian god</u></b>

Post by Rat-morningstar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:17 pm

steam makes it convenient
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Rat-morningstar wrote:steam makes it convenient
Not enough to make me skip a lot of non-Steam games.
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm not sure it's worth paying full price for games on steam that don't support steamworks and/or VAC. I kind of regret buying BC2 on steam because the integration is downright lazy
SixtyWattMan

Post by SixtyWattMan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:46 pm

It was nice for everyone to disregard everything I said and just say I LOVE STEAM I WANT GABE'S COCK IN MY MOUTH
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:11 am

So yeah BF3 is going to be terrible and anyone who buys it is dumb that's the conclusion we've reached here right?
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:54 am

I disagree, I think FPS sequels should attempt to evolve their base gameplay, the problem is publishing executives that are already at the top of the sales charts don't want to take risks with a game like CoD, MW3 will be incredibly similar, hardly improved version of MW2

CS:GO is somewhat similar, but I think it's a bit more justified as a reboot. CS 1.6 and Source were still the most popular games on steam up until TF2 went free, but Valve has been neglecting 1.6 and console fans forever, so a new game at a discount price attempting to cater to both while trying to keep CS:S relevant is admirable in my opinion. At least they're not trying to sell it as a platform for $15 DLC packs, like BF3 and MW3, (along with every other EA and Activision game) are. Keep in mind CS:S is 7 years old at this point, innovation just isn't Valve's forte