BF3 Open Beta 9/29

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Digamma

Re: BF3 Open Beta 9/29

Post by Digamma » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Is it seriously just the same map from the Alpha, Rush Metro? Has anything changed?
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 pm

how much of a failure do you have to be to take a location like Paris and make it look this boring?
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/rush- ... d-3/721491
There should be blackhawks dropping people onto the top of the eiffel tower for fucks sake

and the funny thing is I bet you do that in the MW3 single player
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:22 pm

they took out the APC and added giant boulders that you can shoot and spot through, and moved one of the MCOM things about 50 feet. other than that no changes

and yeah i canceled my pre-order back when i played the Alpha. there are just too many things wrong with this game.

it's basically a bc2 sequel, with jets - same fonts, weapons (mostly), sounds, ui except for menu system, gameplay, etc.

destructability, the best thing about BC2, is mostly toned down - only a few structures can be destroyed now, most of them just have a destructible front facade

origin is required, which is annoying

origin is spyware, which is a big deal. i don't really care if EA sees everything on my hard drive and sells it to third parties, but i'm really not interested in letting it happen just because they have no right to do so. EA as a company has constantly been pushing privacy boundaries for years, i'm tired of their shit

battlelog is stupid - they purposely REMOVED a feature (in-game server browser) to FORCE users onto their social media networking website. it's absolute bullshit and this is the main reason i'm not interested

but in addition to all that... it just looks boring. it looks same-old, same-old from every other FPS. there was a reason people fucking loved BF2 for years and still play it - because it's different. it has commander mode and larger squads and it's not like every other fps. from the gameplay, it's hard to tell the difference between BF3 and MOH and all the other current-gen FPS games.
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:02 pm

hahahahaha here is the destruction only the incredible FROSTBITE 2 ENGINE is capable of!
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/destr ... d-3/721509
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Fuck origin, I've spent an hour trying to find how the hell I get BF3 on my account after I bought it. Such bullshit. And THAT is the fucking destruction?
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
joe
The Big Cheese

Post by joe » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:39 pm

what are you talking about? didn't you see him make that radar stop rotating? IMMERSIVE!!!!!!
"To perceive is to suffer" - Aristotle
mbaxter appreciates the beef
J0E

Post by J0E » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:36 pm

So I've been asked by 4 different teams to play with them in bf3 for the money/prize tournies that will happen after release. Sucks that Origin still wont even let me buy the game.
=(

"Developing in the dark is scary and probably wrong." - Notch

People not to trust: go fuck yourself you pretentious fuck
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:02 pm

downloaded to try and play the beta, apparently i need a new driver, but the one i have installed is the most current nvidia driver for my 9800 D:
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:25 pm

joe wrote:added giant boulders that you can shoot and spot through
Just found this out the hard way when playing the beta. I was all the way behind a boulder and in prone and yet they still shot me through the whole thing, it was ridiculous.
Pentagram.J2 wrote:downloaded to try and play the beta, apparently i need a new driver, but the one i have installed is the most current nvidia driver for my 9800 D:
I was just talking to joe about this earlier, the game requires you to use non-stable beta drivers for nvidia. No idea why but they're forcing you to download them if you want to play.

Go to nvidia's website and just go to the beta driver's tab and download the newest.
J0E

Post by J0E » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Pentagram.J2 wrote:downloaded to try and play the beta, apparently i need a new driver, but the one i have installed is the most current nvidia driver for my 9800 D:
It was like this in the alpha too, the were forcing everyone to download a driver that wasn't even offical yet.

"Developing in the dark is scary and probably wrong." - Notch

People not to trust: go fuck yourself you pretentious fuck
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:18 pm

So caspian boarder is a lot of fun, hundred times better than operation metro, nice big map with lots of vehicles and tanks. Makes it feel like its an actual battlefield game since you need a vehicle to get to the points. Only played three rounds of it so far since the servers are always full. :sadasfuck:
The current password I think is still shoppingcartsareagoodride if you want to try get in one of the servers.
Woovie

Post by Woovie » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:23 pm

NIPPER

Post by NIPPER » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:32 pm

now this seems a bit more battlefieldy

"He's a big fucker, over"
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:22 pm

It would be nice if I could play that instead.

My 2 favorite things about beta so far
-When you spawn, your screen goes black for a few seconds afterwards, during which time I usually get shot.
-You can't quit the server while dead. EA apparently predicted that people would be trying to ragequit
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:17 am

I agree with fenrir, just got done playing 2 rounds of Caspian Border and it's definitely a million times better than operation metro. As an engineer with the anti-air launcher I find that I can participate in the air battles and not worry that my rockets are too slow. Tons of fun.

I'm just annoyed right now that they won't let me choose a nickname in game. I'm stuck with my PSN/EA name which is Bloodkrazex because someone already took Bloodkraze from me. I could choose my normal name in BC2, but i guess not in BF3.