So what classes are you leveling up?

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum

What classes are you leveling up in BF3?

Assault
29%
Engineer
38%
Support
24%
Recon
10%

Total votes: 21
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Re: So what classes are you leveling up?

Post by A Ninja » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:02 am

I always have, and probably always will, look down on people who play recon.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Bloodkraze

Post by Bloodkraze » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:07 pm

A Ninja wrote:I always have, and probably always will, look down on people who play recon.
At least they're more useful in this. Notably the Mobile Spawn Beacon and the SOFLAM (Which can laser designate targets so vehicles can lock on, also works for the javelin missile to make it hit air)

I hate to say, the one class that annoys me now is support. A lot of them get far enough to unlock mortar and then spam mortar for the rest of the round because it has infinite ammo and a pretty large range.
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:42 pm

One of the funnest and helpful things to do with the mortar is when attacking in Rush, when your team has set a charge on an MCOM station, is to spam rounds into that area (of course if ff is off =P ), but yeah, being on a receiving end of that thing sometimes gets frustrating. Though, I don't find them to be incredibility useful on the larger Conquest maps (like Canals, Caspian border etc.).
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Those new recon tools are only as useful as the players using them. Most people that play recon just want to sit back with a sniper rifle and they ignore those tools, just as they did with BC2.

I wouldn't mind if the recon class didn't exist.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
NTbacteria

Post by NTbacteria » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:50 pm

I think I am going to unlock assault first coz you get a lot more points reviving people. But what I really want to level up is engineer and recon.
I also really want those recon unlocks, and once I got those enemy detection devices, I will go around hunting w/ a shorty :D.
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:36 pm

A Ninja wrote:Those new recon tools are only as useful as the players using them. Most people that play recon just want to sit back with a sniper rifle and they ignore those tools, just as they did with BC2.

I wouldn't mind if the recon class didn't exist.
I think the issue is people think it's a sniper class. While of course it is, it's RECON above sniping. And most of the time, snipers are simply a nuisance and they only kill me when I am standing still (since I am set up or something) or am already weak (then again, maybe they're just getting used to the game / have weak unlocks, so I won't judge so quickly just yet). All the other times I just keep hearing them miss. Now, when they actually RECON, they're actually quite useful.

I just got back from a Rush game where it seemed like half of the other team were snipers and they were trying to camp near our spawn. So we just simply run past them and armed all the objectives. It was simply a steamroll.

EDIT: And knifing people is so satisfactory...the animation of you stabbing them and then taking the dogtags...
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer

Post by A Ninja » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Axis that's exactly it lol, I don't hate recon on the other team, I hate them on MY team, because I know they don't kill anyone or contribute.
Sasha Nein

Post by Sasha Nein » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Been playing assault (<3's) and support.. I don't really care for recon or engineer... although engi is very similar to assault tho.
mbaxter wrote:We're a community built on bad behavior.
NTbacteria

Post by NTbacteria » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Last night playing w/ hubby, I was reconing for him the whole time LOL. Perch some where high up and spot people in his area so he can run around safely. It was fun. I got a lot of points with just 1 kill, the rest is from spotting people and kill assists.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:28 pm

If you coordinates with air assets that could be devistating. However, as soon as you look though your scope everyone knows where you are.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
Sizzler

Post by Sizzler » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:47 pm

My recon strategy is to mash Q a lot and only scope on spotted targets, it gives them no time for them to react once they see the scope glint
slowpokex2

Post by slowpokex2 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:01 am

I just unlocked the EOD Bot for my engineer, I hope I can be like this with some training.

Howlin Mad Murdoc
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:21 am

Ever since I unlocked the EOD bot and playing on a map I don't like (such as Grand Bazaar) I just mess around with the EOD bot and trying to blow torch people and tanks. I once sneaked up to a LAV and started blow torching it and I can see him going "WTF?" and looking around to see what is damaging it. And when he backed up, he realizes what it was. I tried to close my distance again but he kept backing up. It's pretty funny to see an LAV running away from that little guy.