SCAR to be Nerfed, Interim Solutions for Rubber-Banding

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Little Weapon

SCAR to be Nerfed, Interim Solutions for Rubber-Banding

Post by Little Weapon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:56 pm

BF3 – SCAR to be Nerfed, Interim Solutions for Rubber-Banding, Hardcore Servers Added, and More

We’ve recently seen details of an incoming server update that DICE currently has in the works, but there are still many other issues at hand with Battlefield 3 that need to be ironed out.

We’ve compiled a few things that DICE is currently looking into and that you can expect updates for in the near future here, but you can check also out some earlier details we’ve gathered of things that will be making it into a future patch. These include updates from jets and pistols to aiming and other PDWs.

Many fans have been wondering where all the hardcore servers are! Though DICE has stated that “new BF3 hardcore servers [were] added,” they also mentioned that they are “listening and will keep you updated as [they] bring more online.” They’ve “heard that you want even more!”

Sadly, there is always a presence of cheaters when it comes to online gaming. Rest assured, DICE is looking into the situation. They had this to say. “Online play is the core of Battlefield 3 and cheating will not be tolerated. We are working to remove cheaters and their cheats.” They continued, “please rest assured that we have a dedicated team actively seeking out those users.” Daniel Matros added, “Don’t worry. Might not get them now or in a few days but cheaters and statspadders will have their accounts deleted or stats reset.”

Alan Kertz has also added that “there are some general air balance tweaks planned.” When asked if weapons like the SCAR will get nerfed as well, he replied, “7.62mm rifles will lose a bit of power up close, yes.” Fredrik Thylander mentioned that they are aware of and looking into things like lag issues on Tehran Highway and the issue of not receiving any points when repairing a vehicles from the inside. In a recent FAQ, it was also stated that, “the DICE team is working around the clock to improve the lag and rubber-banding some users are encountering. To help mitigate it in the interim, please connect to servers near you by setting your filter to sort by “ping” and selecting the lowest-pinging server. Also, for pc users, please make sure that you don’t have any programs running in the background that requires internet connection or is streaming data.”

For now, there are some other problems that may have potential fixes that DICE would like you to know about. They have stated that “if you’re having an issue with the Physical Warfare Pack please visit EA’s Help Center and select Talk to a Game Advisor.” If you’re having trouble logging into the Battlelog, DICE suggests that “sometimes if you go play multiplayer for awhile and then come back it will log in.” For those having troubles on Origin, “if you are receiving an error stating you need to reinstall, please try right-clicking the title, and selecting repair.”

http://mp1st.com/2011/10/31/bf3-scar-to ... -and-more/
CaptainTripps wrote:Chicken, how does it work?
Sizzler

Re: SCAR to be Nerfed, Interim Solutions for Rubber-Banding

Post by Sizzler » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:25 pm

Seems like the A-91 is a bigger balance issue, but whatever. Looking forward to the jet buffs
pooaw
Radio edit
<font color=#0040FF>Radio edit</font>

Post by pooaw » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:55 pm

I have a LOT of lag issues (on a console of all things) whilst I'n Jets. I STILL haven't gotten flares as a get DC'd from EA servers as soon as I start flying around quickly. I hope EA fix some of the downtime issues us console users have been having.
nightmare 101 wrote:I appreciate you brigbar, for being a sexy young lass. Every time I see one of your posts, it brings a smile to my face. My <3 aches for threads like this, and your feminine sensuality has tempered the bounds of what the immature forum truly means to us. In days long since passed, it was the breeding ground of hateful spite. Truly, this fountain of effeminate care and love called Brigbar96 has changed everything for us. We will drop our arms and hug one another. Hate is the past, and it's only made possible by our one and only..

<3 brigbar96 <3
Sasha Nein

Post by Sasha Nein » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:52 pm

pooaw wrote:I have a LOT of lag issues (on a console of all things) whilst I'n Jets. I STILL haven't gotten flares as a get DC'd from EA servers as soon as I start flying around quickly. I hope EA fix some of the downtime issues us console users have been having.
this is why the rest of us play PC :D
mbaxter wrote:We're a community built on bad behavior.
J0E

Post by J0E » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 pm

They still arent going to fix the crashing issues it seems, I've heard a few people report this bug:

launch battlelog, join server, crash -> launch battlelog, join server, play
Basically, every other server I try to join crashes the game before i'm even able to play.

The only weird issue that seems to be specific to me is map loading, sometimes it loads in a matter of seconds, some times it takes upwards of 5 minutes. I did some testing on this and when it is haning on loading a map my cpu and gpu are both basically idle (under 5% usage) and my memory is at about 1/4 load whereas while playing my cpu never goes above 51%, memory gets maxed out, and gpu gets maxed out.

Welcome to the wonderful world of DICE

"Developing in the dark is scary and probably wrong." - Notch

People not to trust: go fuck yourself you pretentious fuck
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:47 pm

They also need to make helicopters less like sky-tanks.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
Axis Denied

Post by Axis Denied » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:32 pm

For me, I always crash on my first map load of the day. So what I usually do is just join a random server just so it would crash and then find a real server. :S

Also, since the SCAR is getting nerfed, I'm trying to unlock stuff for the G36C, which I find kind of hard since I am so used to my SCAR setup - foregrip, heavy barrel, IRNV. The IRNV is what does it. I hate it when I get too used to being able to see everything through that scope.
Little Weapon

Post by Little Weapon » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 pm

is anyone else getting black screens when the map changes, and just ends up crashing?
CaptainTripps wrote:Chicken, how does it work?