anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Re: Assassin's Creed 3: American Revolution

Post by narwal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Sailorscooby.

It's a GAME. CHILL THE FUCK OUT.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
Blathersby

Post by Blathersby » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Its just another gimmick like the tower defense or the war vehicles or w/e but it looks at least fun.
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:46 am

Not a sailor, and only time I have ever been on a sailing vessel was the USS Constitution. I just know how sailing ships work, it's also known that to go as fast as possible you need to travel at a right angle of the wind you can move faster then the wind. It's little things that make a great game seeing large glaring errors like that does not give me hope about details.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Actually different boats will have top speeds at vary angles to the wind.
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Here's the point: It doesn't matter, it's a video game. It's just a fun way of play. I didn't know TF2 and Tribes was so realistic.
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
PSN: IAMQuetzalcoatl // Steam: daruma.j2 // Add me and we'll play some games! ^_^
scobywhru
Xfire: scobywhru

Post by scobywhru » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:24 am

Avvatar wrote:Actually different boats will have top speeds at vary angles to the wind.
But always an angle to the wind not directly with the wind. Otherwise limited to the speed of the wind.
Narwhal wrote:Here's the point: It doesn't matter, it's a video game. It's just a fun way of play. I didn't know TF2 and Tribes was so realistic.
My point is they go through the game touting realism and true to life and inspired by real events/locations but they don't do the same with mechanics that, it breaks character. If it followed proper wind with the sails working correctly i wouldn't nitpick the fact they aren't tacking since they want the player to directly control the boat, but they ignore both of them. Valve pays attention to detail as much as they can, they make sure it makes sense in the universe they are creating which can at times be based on reality, its the details the make the game shine. A good example of this is contextual dialogs in TF2 which allow player characters to say things based on what happens in the game, this gives depth and story to each of them without detracting from what the player does. Same with L4D which brings more narrative to the story. Little details can expand the game and give it depth that the player wishes to explore.

When I see glaring ignorance to details it doesn't boad well for the fit and finish of a game, it means they need polish.
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 am

I agree.

It's sorta like how your atrocious spelling yanks me away from your overall message.
Azzza
bringin' in the bitches

Post by Azzza » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:07 am

In stores mid-week this week. Pumped! :D
ಠ_ರೃ
Website
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Post by Jason » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:04 am

No. It means you're nitpicking.

I'll probably buy the vita one and pirate the PC one. But the Vita one's gonna have to wait cause I'm getting Ragnarok Odyssey for that bitch on tuesday.
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Magnus

Post by Magnus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm with Scoby on this. I mean, they didn't have to go ULTRA realistic, but what they showed there was just ridiculous. When they started the boat I was wondering how they moved so fast, I looked to the side to see if I could see a row or oars but then I realized that was the way you move. It looks like you are driving cars on water. When they started shooting their cannons, what the fuck? Since when do cannon shot look like fireballs?

Now

I get what they are trying to do, and why they are doing it. I know they won't make it SO realistic to the point where it becomes a hassle. However, I don't believe it is unjust to demand a little bit of polish when it comes to the naval combat.

When I think of naval combat, that is what I consider to be a right blend of action and realism.
"What isn't remembered never happened. Memory is merely a record. You just need to re-write that record."
"Ummm, if I die... It's gonna be your fault" -Mr.Blip
"J2 I am disappoint."
Gr¦m wrote:dang mangus, is that like 15 inches?
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:46 am

I played those total war games, when it comes to realism they put to shame every other game
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
asdfie

Post by asdfie » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Tomorrow is the big day! :toot:
You don't want to eat me, I taste like sweaty socks.
But there is one they fear.
In their tongue, he is Dovahkiin - Dragonborn!
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:43 pm

it launched today
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
narwal
Praise the 2D Booty

Post by narwal » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Fucking SILLY GOOSE
¡Viva Los Unban Threads!
Moe
The Dark Knight
<b><i>The Dark Knight</i></b>

Post by Moe » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:22 pm

buying in about 2 hours