Katawa Shoujo

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
pooaw
Radio edit
<font color=#0040FF>Radio edit</font>

Katawa Shoujo

Post by pooaw » Mon May 07, 2012 8:02 am

This has been out for a little while, so i don't know if any of you guys have played it yet.

Katawa Shoujo is a Visual Novel with 'Pick your own adventure' style choices.
You play as Hisao Nakai, a kid who has a heart condition which causes him to have a heart attack. He ends up moving to a new school for kids with disabilities to allow him to recover, but whilst there he meets people who give him a new perspective on life.
This is a really great game / story / whatever. The story is really well thought out and really make you think about 'how the other half lives'. In this case, the other half being people with various disabilities.
More information and download link at http://katawa-shoujo.com

I didn't know wither to post it here or in Anime. Ah well.

Also: Rin is super confusing ;_;

nightmare 101 wrote:I appreciate you brigbar, for being a sexy young lass. Every time I see one of your posts, it brings a smile to my face. My <3 aches for threads like this, and your feminine sensuality has tempered the bounds of what the immature forum truly means to us. In days long since passed, it was the breeding ground of hateful spite. Truly, this fountain of effeminate care and love called Brigbar96 has changed everything for us. We will drop our arms and hug one another. Hate is the past, and it's only made possible by our one and only..

<3 brigbar96 <3
Base

Re: Katawa Shoujo

Post by Base » Mon May 07, 2012 9:22 am

I haven't gotten to play much of this game. It's a neat little story, though knowing someone with arrythmia makes it a little hard to swallow the half-assed heart issue excuse. I know it's just a plot device so the character is still relatable, but it bugs me.

I like Rin, she's cute.

Also, in before everyone whines about visual novels or some nonsense. This ones pretty good.

Another great visual novel is Saya No Uta. Definitely should play that if you haven't (it's not for kids, just FYI-- very mature content, but it's a great story unparalleled in the world of visual novels, or most games for that matter).
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Mon May 07, 2012 5:23 pm

pooaw wrote:Katawa Shoujo
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
ianws

Post by ianws » Mon May 07, 2012 10:31 pm