g
Jason
TODAY IS SUNDAY
<font color=#c032e3><b>TODAY IS SUNDAY</b></font>
Xfire: Jasopiate

Re: Dark Souls: Ready to die

Post by Jason » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:24 pm

NICE AVATAR JEEEEEZ :afro:
MindFlayer wrote:THIS IS THE FUCKING MAN'S THREAD, NO ONE ASKED ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN LABIA.
a1dan wrote:I came here for the gay sex and all I got was gay sax.
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:09 pm

I got all the way to the 4 kings as Soul Level 19. 10 vit/10 endurance

I tried for like 4 hours trying to beat them just so I could get that red eye orb under 20 and then go gank with PyroFlame +16 but they are way to fucking hard.
Pentagram.J2

Post by Pentagram.J2 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm really upset that my roommate lost my 360 controller, want to play this so badly :<
"The flow if time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."

"The wind......it is blowing...."
Drakenlord

Post by Drakenlord » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:22 pm

My Highest level is SL 72, and he is a godamn powerhouse using Ultra greatswords or Dragon tooths
Drakenlord

Post by Drakenlord » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:25 am

Pentagram.J2 wrote:I'm really upset that my roommate lost my 360 controller, want to play this so badly :<
Yeah, You cannot play this game without a controller...

Its just too complicated
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:11 am

Drakenlord wrote:
Pentagram.J2 wrote:I'm really upset that my roommate lost my 360 controller, want to play this so badly :<
Yeah, You cannot play this game without a controller...

Its just too complicated
Is that why on my main guy im SL 70 and on my way to get the 2nd to last Lord Soul and I used mouse and key board?

Its not bad at all, turn sensitivity to 3 and figure out what buttons replace the xbox ones and it works great.
Drakenlord

Post by Drakenlord » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:16 am

well you are a better man than me

Also, Does someone here know why lighting weapon are apparently favored in Dark Souls? (I checked the steam forums, and apparently lighting weapons are a good choice for some reason)
Hoodedsniper

Post by Hoodedsniper » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:07 am

Drakenlord wrote:well you are a better man than me

Also, Does someone here know why lighting weapon are apparently favored in Dark Souls? (I checked the steam forums, and apparently lighting weapons are a good choice for some reason)
Apparently lightning/fire were outright the best choice, but they got nerfed on PC

They are really good at lower levels because it gives you a lot of great damage early on since you dont have a lot of stats yet to really make use of weapons that scale off of stats.

If you can get the lightning spear in sens fortress early on and then upgrade it to +5 you should be set for a long time.
Drakenlord

Post by Drakenlord » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:18 pm

By the way.... How do we get to the new DLC Area?!

Also where is the White Chimera boss?

Thanks for the help (I looked on the Internet, but I got nothing)

Now I am level 80
MrBlip
It was inevitable.

Post by MrBlip » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Lightning and Fire weapons used to be phenomenal because of their split damage, and the combined damage (especially on lightning weapons) was pretty fucking powerful. Their scaling was never that great, though, so people usually got the base stats that needed for their favorite weapon, and pumped the rest into Vit/End. Also, you could only really stack defenses against one kind of attack at a time, so if you used a split damage weapon, then about 50% of your damage would be almost unmitigated. People who used them were able to take a lot of hits while dishing out a considerable amount of damage.

PtD nerfed the damage that split damage weapons do (and I think they may have slightly increased the scaling on other weapons), so overall they are a little more balanced with everything else.

I'm not at the new area, yet, but I think you have to kill a special enemy in the Dukes Archives (no need to find him, he's kinda just there when you get in).
9:18 PM - mrblip: im allowed to have my own opinions
9:19 PM - Dr. Doctorpus: no youre not
Base

Post by Base » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Hey guys, just got this game and I'm loving it. Definitely need a good controller for it though, imo. I'm making do with keyboard/mouse for now though.

I just got to the part where I need to ring the two bells so I'm obviously not that far yet. Will keep you guys updated on how I progress. I might stream some of this too... could be fun.
Yatta! wrote: *Probability of not fucking up the engine is correlated to the chance of M&Ms being in an M&M cookie, which are really fucking delicious, mind you.
http://gamepsyche.wordpress.com/ <--My blog.

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER
Drakenlord

Post by Drakenlord » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:36 pm

If you want help, add me in Steam (Alienmen1)

Also, my GFWL is Drakenlord
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:57 pm

I want to like the game. I don't see a point. Maybe I was supposed to read the manual?
I just sorta finish the tutorial, and get dumped somewhere else. Get told "you can go up or down". Go somewhere. Fight shit pointlessly. Buy the weapon I already have equipped (oops) find something willing to kick my ass so hard I can't tell if I've made a wrong turn or it's just the games difficulty. Haul ass back to where I ended the tutorial. I can activate blood and watch a ghost die. Sometimes it looks like me dying. Sometimes it doesn't. I find marks on the ground. Took a while to realize they're apparently left by other players and are not necessarily the truth. Spent forever trying to kick something. Doesn't quite work the way it says it does. Worthless besides.

Fun? I had little.
Point? None to be found.