Just goofing off here...

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
TheNewt
Robotic Amphibian

Just goofing off here...

Post by TheNewt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:18 pm

http://www.codenewt.com/

If you click the play game button, a webbrowser game pops up. It might take a bit to download the assets (roughly 22mb), but it's a full 3D atmosphere and space flight game... I'm just goofing off with this, you may notice some models are being reused from my "serious" attempt at making an MMO. Hah. :awesome:

Any who, I'm leaving this goof off game up as an community thing. Ask me to put anything within reason into the game. I'll try my best, but yeah. I'd LIKE to make this multiplayer, but that might be a bit difficult since browser games can't host servers... I'd have to make a downloadable client/server for that to work.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Planning On-
Making it so you can control that lil soldier model and run around, entering and exiting vehicles.
Weapons for the soldier and for the jet
Simple enemies to fly around and blast. This includes ground enemies and flight based enemies as well.
More mini-worlds to fly to.
*maybe* a scoring system and a leaderboard to post up to?
Robots & Game development
http://www.codenewt.com
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Re: Just goofing off here...

Post by tehENEMY » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Does this actually work for anyone else?

this is as far as I get
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
TheNewt
Robotic Amphibian

Post by TheNewt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Unity web player is required to play this... Can you not install the web player?
tehENEMY

<b></b>

Post by tehENEMY » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:13 pm

I've already installed it.
"if only there was such a thing as an affordable gaming laptop" ~collin day, 1993 - 2013

Watch Free the Nipple Online Free
He who casts carcinogenic stones should not live in glass meme houses.
TheNewt
Robotic Amphibian

Post by TheNewt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Weeeird, I don't know how to fix that. I guess I will have to go ahead and make a downloadable client to coincide with the web player.

The only thing I could say is maybe do the ol' browser fix mantra. Clear history, cookies, etc. Refresh the page. O.o

Also, do you have the Unity 3.x webplayer installed or the Unity 4, because I'm using the latest version of Unity (4.x)
HAJIBADA

Post by HAJIBADA » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Im in spaceeeeee

I tried it for a bit, and it's actually pretty fun. If you add in more options and maybe enemies, this game could be quite fun to play :
)
mbaxter wrote:You are apparently mentally challenged, and for that I am sorry
prolix

Post by prolix » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:47 pm

pretty cool, def could use a way to reverse mouse axis though
BIGGIE

Post by BIGGIE » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:35 pm

I wanted to go to alpha centauri. Before i could i start spinning uncontrollably. almost puked lol
skinthinner wrote:wtf...you know that canada has one woman and a bunch of mooses...or miices...or whatever you call them...
the one woman has a full beard and no teeth and lives in an igloo...
so I must conclude that you, good sir, are lying and are really sitting around drinking beer with a moose and playing with your small canadian penis...
TheNewt
Robotic Amphibian

Post by TheNewt » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:12 am

HAJIBADA wrote:I tried it for a bit, and it's actually pretty fun. If you add in more options and maybe enemies, this game could be quite fun to play :
)
I definitely want to add in enemies, so that will be in there eventually. I might forego the whole being able to exit the vehicle, because I managed to get a rudimentary version of that working, but had a lot of problems with being jittery. Damned floating point rounding errors. <_<
prolix wrote:pretty cool, def could use a way to reverse mouse axis though
Good idea, I'll look into seeing if I can set up a bindings menu. I know that the standalone player has that kind of capability, but don't know about the webplayer.
BIGGIE wrote:I wanted to go to alpha centauri. Before i could i start spinning uncontrollably. almost puked lol
Flying around in space can be a bit difficult since there is no drag there. You can take a look at the values being calculated at a fixed rate by pressing the ` (tilde) key. These values include my linear scale for gravity. Which is inaccurate to reality, but it beats trying to get the gravitational constant mixed in... I already have enough rounding errors, I don't want to introduce 1/(6^11) (yikes!) into the equation.