Defiance

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Defiance

Post by Avvatar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:30 am

Meaningless hype.

Some actual gameplay from the very start of the game.

3rd "beta" next week sometime.
Grab a key: http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/424
It's some MMOTPSRPG. Have fun with that. I don't think it has as much potential as Firefall does, but it's gotta a helluva lot more content right now. And it's got a TV show.
I'll be playing the beta. Assuming it doesn't absolutely suck ass, I'll almost definitely be throwing some money at it. You pay for the game once, no subscription fees. There are microtransactions, I think this is the game that sounded like they'd be selling useful items for cash but nothing that you can't also grind. Don't think that's been announced, just an impression I got.

I don't know much about this game. If it weren't for the time constraints on beta I wouldn't be bothering to tell you about it. But I figure it's probably worth at least a download and a few hours playing.
Hi|oboys

Re: Defiance

Post by Hi|oboys » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Its actually a very well put together game for casual players. I guess you could go hardcore into it, but you don't really get that much of a buff from going hardcore. Been testing since Alpha. Stopped about a month ago. Its really interesting how the global bosses spawn everywhere randomly and give out some interesting rewards. Its the kind of game you can just log on randomly kill a few global bosses (or help kill them you cant really solo them) and log off and still keep up with most users gear. Unless gameplays changed, the level of character doesnt really make a difference and all characters regardless of class share the same skill tree. The only difference during class selection is starting weapons. (maybe its changed since I last tested it, but thats what it was.)

All in all id buy the game after it comes out and goes on sale for the first time. I played and tested it WAAAAY too much and need to give it enough time away so I want to play it again. heh
Current Games
Natural Selection 2 - Hi|oBoyS.j2 / Curious Gorge.j2 / NSPlayer.j2
Path of Exile - HiloBoyS
XBOXONE GamerTag - HiloBoyS
Current Games on XBONE: Overwatch, The Division, and Warframe

Why you should remember me?
Paykan and I came up with the .j2 tag! (Yea were lame, proud lamers ftw)
Rock wrote:"Nerf paper. Scissors are just fine. Thanks."
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Re: Defiance

Post by Avvatar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Found a few hours to play beta (busy weekend) and pre-ordered. It was fun. Made playing with others extremely simple. Doing a quest solo wasn't hard. Doing it with 3 dozen other people didn't leave it feeling disgustingly easy (despite your chances of dying going through the floor). Entering/exiting instanced encounters was nearly seamless (I actually noticed it once and am fairly certain it happened several other times). There were a number of bugs, but knowing that the beta code is several months old because lolconsoles, I'm assuming the worst of them will be fixed.