Older games, and playing them with J2

anything related to video games but not otherwise covered in another forum
Tony Wong
Some Asian Guy

Re: Older games, and playing them with J2

Post by Tony Wong » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:20 am

A Ninja wrote:
EnjoyLexiprawn wrote:Anyone got Age of Empires 2: HD? That would be fun to play with some of you guys.
As soon as I'm able to set up my steam account on this new computer I'd be down, I'm itching to try out the new factions in the expansion.
I have the original AoE 2 Conquerors edition, but it looks like it's only $20 on Steam, so I could pick it up pretty easily. I haven't played that in a while, but the new factions look pretty cool. I'd like to see how the changed the game balance too for some races...
FEESHSTEEKS!!!
Django
Bow down to your King!
<font color=black><i>Bow down to your King!</i></font>

Post by Django » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:46 pm

uh, why play age of empires 2 when a lil game called AGE OF MYTHOLOGY came after that.
All of the rts of it's time had to pack it up.

Going back to the list, the funnest games guarantee are Battlefront 2, Tribes, and halo
The rest are ok, the games aren't even that old except for Half Life 2 Deathmatch, that game is garbage
"Dream, Django, but dream with your eyes open."
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:51 pm

YO WHO'S DOWN FOR A BATTLEFRONT II NIGHT THIS FRIDAY BECAUSE WE SHOULD TOTALLY DO EXACTLY THAT
My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Does anybody know where I could (legally) get that game?
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:59 pm

My therapist told me that I gamble in order to escape from the realities of life and I replied that's why everyone does everything. - Norm MacDonald

dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:30 am

holy shit $10. I'll try and find a deal or something.
I asked David Geffen personally if he'd donate to TF4 for me, but he wouldn't do it
Avvatar
Veni. Legi. Docuit, inportuna.

Post by Avvatar » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:11 pm

EE
Lexiprawn
Zookeeper and Conductor of Prose

Post by Lexiprawn » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:55 pm

Lets bring games back in the fold
Maha

Post by Maha » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Would getting some people together to play Diablo 2 for shits and giggles one night be a possible thing?

I never played D2 when it was popular back in the day and I've been told to go and try it out with some friends. So if anyone is game for that let me know.
bl4nk
BOOBIES

Post by bl4nk » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:33 am

Avvatar wrote:EE
http://www.joe.to/share/ee/

But yes, I'm interested. Maybe some custom StarCraft or WarCraft3 maps, the old BattleField games, or playing CS 1.6 again.
Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Sun May 04, 2014 12:31 pm

TobyLeong wrote:
A Ninja wrote:
EnjoyLexiprawn wrote:Anyone got Age of Empires 2: HD? That would be fun to play with some of you guys.
As soon as I'm able to set up my steam account on this new computer I'd be down, I'm itching to try out the new factions in the expansion.
I have the original AoE 2 Conquerors edition, but it looks like it's only $20 on Steam, so I could pick it up pretty easily. I haven't played that in a while, but the new factions look pretty cool. I'd like to see how the changed the game balance too for some races...
Just played my first game of AoE2 in probably a decade, wrecked the bots shit. would have been incredibly shameful otherwise
I challenge you guys to a 1v1v1v1 as soon as possible

Actually yknow fuck it there's a bunch of you guys in my friends list who have it, I challenge all of y'all, let's see if we can't get an 8-way fuckfest going.

Fluffy, Rat, Zeno, Sasha, KevKing, Inupoet, Aeonic, Marriage, calling all y'all out
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.
dmitri ravinoff
ıɹʇıɯp

Post by dmitri ravinoff » Sun May 04, 2014 7:39 pm

Sanvich Hoovy wrote:YO WHO'S DOWN FOR A BATTLEFRONT II NIGHT THIS FRIDAY BECAUSE WE SHOULD TOTALLY DO EXACTLY THAT
SANVICH HOOVY I just got this game on sale oh my god my loins are wet at the thought of it
A Ninja
Professional Fun Killer
<i>Professional Fun Killer</i>

Post by A Ninja » Sun May 04, 2014 8:20 pm

Do a lot of J2ers have battlefront? If so Ill pick it up before the sale ends.
Neelpos wrote:but he's A Ninja, he's one of the best fucking snipers on the server, if your evidence doesn't line up prepare to be ridiculed by your inability to differentiate hackers from really fucking good players.
Sanvich Hoovy

Post by Sanvich Hoovy » Sun May 04, 2014 10:31 pm

Yeah plenty of people have it, and i try and get games going every once in a while with varying degrees of success. I'm busy this week preparing for EOCs, but what days/ times are good for people this weekend?

Neelpos
Error 404: Title not found

Post by Neelpos » Mon May 05, 2014 6:24 am

GameSpy Multiplayer Shutting Down, Hundreds of Games at Risk

Hundreds of video games -- including those made by EA, Ubisoft, Gearbox, Nintendo, Konami, Capcom, 5th Cell, Koei, Firaxis, and more -- may be taken offline as Glu's GameSpy multiplayer servers shut down on May 31.
Battlefront and Halo are losing their multiplayer capabilities at the end of this month, if you enjoy the single player sure buy it but I'm not sure I could recommend grabbing it when it's multiplayer is going to die shortly.
kingscrub wrote:HEY NEELPOS WHY DONT YOU SHOVE THAT RETARDED SMILEYFACE AVATAR UP YOUR ASS.